Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Hoose Draft

Thought I'd join in the fun since we're all stuck waiting to be released from purgatory and hoping the Draft gets here soon. 

My thinking on these picks: I went the no QB route; I picked two WRs though not back to back. These two draft picks would join TY; Pascal; Campbell; and Fountain. I figured Castonzo's replacement would have to be nabbed this year and that means Day 2; and picked a TE mid Draft rather than early. Also decided to roll with the DE's already on the team; if we add one I expect it to be a late FA.  I'd appreciate your thoughts. 

2 (a). Brandon Aiyuk, WR

2 (b). Ezra Cleveland, OT

3. Bryan Edwards, WR

4. Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

5. Michael Ojemudia, CB

6 (a). Michael Warren II, RB

6 (b) Darryl Williams, C/G 

39 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Thought I'd join in the fun since we're all stuck waiting to be released from purgatory and hoping the Draft gets here soon. 

My thinking on these picks: I went the no QB route; I picked two WRs though not back to back. These two draft picks would join TY; Pascal; Campbell; and Fountain. I figured Castonzo's replacement would have to be nabbed this year and that means Day 2; and picked a TE mid Draft rather than early. Also decided to roll with the DE's already on the team; if we add one I expect it to be a late FA.  I'd appreciate your thoughts. 

2 (a). Brandon Aiyuk, WR

2 (b). Ezra Cleveland, OT

3. Bryan Edwards, WR

4. Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

5. Michael Ojemudia, CB

6 (a). Michael Warren II, RB

6 (b) Darryl Williams, C/G 

Like every pick but Edwards. Aiyuk is a fun WR, Cleveland is my favorite day 2 OT, the day 3 guys I wouldn't mind. Would take Gordon or Hurts in the third instead of Edwards as Rivers, Brissett, and Kelly won't be on the team next year. Otherwise, great job!

Thanks for the input. Good thoughts. My thinking was that Ballard will double down on WR to make sure he gets it right. It’s the critical position of weakness on the team right now IMO. Especially since TY’s health is overly important to the O. They cannot remain that dependent on one player. So I double dipped. I do see that NT could use a shot of talent too. 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Like every pick but Edwards. Aiyuk is a fun WR, Cleveland is my favorite day 2 OT, the day 3 guys I wouldn't mind. Would take Gordon or Hurts in the third instead of Edwards as Rivers, Brissett, and Kelly won't be on the team next year. Otherwise, great job!

Not sure why you’d think none of our three QBs won’t be on the roster next year?

None of them?   I think the odds of that happening would be very low...

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure why you’d think none of our three QBs won’t be on the roster next year?

None of them?   I think the odds of that happening would be very low...

I meant none will be under contract unless they get re-signed. Sorry, should of clarified that.

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You might have to reverse Cleveland and Aiyuk...   don’t see Cleveland lasting to pick 44.  Think we’d be lucky to get him at pick 34.

Otherwise...    really nice job.   

Well done!

I get that. I’d love to see both on the Colts. My brain goes WR first and I think Aiyuk is the gem who lasts past the first round......but Cleveland is a first rounder in most any other draft so it’s a close call. 

The more I think about it, if I had this to do over again I’d pick Ezra Cleveland at 34. I suspect NCF is right; he won’t be there at 44. A very good WR will be around at 44 though.  And Cleveland, in any other year, would likely be a sure fire first rounder. You’re looking at Castonzo’s replacement. There are few decisions more important than that one for the Colts. 

13 minutes ago, Hoose said:

The more I think about it, if I had this to do over again I’d pick Ezra Cleveland at 34. I suspect NCF is right; he won’t be there at 44. A very good WR will be around at 44 though.  And Cleveland, in any other year, would likely be a sure fire first rounder. You’re looking at Castonzo’s replacement. There are few decisions more important than that one for the Colts. 

Great point. An OT for the future would be a good investment 

I think Pittman would be a great choice at 44

Archived