Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

57 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

What do you do with a non-mobile, aging QB?  Run the ball!  I believe the signing of Nix has signaled their intent this season.  Run combined with short, quick hitting passing game.

I have always said that Reich is old school.  Do u not think he learned something from his team going 0-4 in the Bills Superbowl runs? I am being serious. 

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I have always said that Reich is old school.  Do u not think he learned something from his team going 0-4 in the Bills Superbowl runs? I am being serious. 

The Bills had a pretty damn good running game those four years. 

1991 - 2,381 YDs 16 TDs

1992 - 2,438 YDs 18 TDs

1993 - 1,943 YDs 12 TDs

1994 - 1,831 YDs 14 TDs 

Curious as what your point is? 

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Bills had a pretty damn good running game those four years. 

1991 - 2,381 YDs 16 TDs

1992 - 2,438 YDs 18 TDs

1993 - 1,943 YDs 12 TDs

1994 - 1,831 YDs 14 TDs 

Curious as what your point is? 

I agree.  Just looks like not only does Reich want to run the ball,  I think he actually wants to punish teams.  I don't beleive the Bills set out to do that with their running game.

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree.  Just looks like not only does Reich want to run the ball,  I think he actually wants to punish teams.  I don't beleive the Bills set out to do that with their running game.

Is this idea, because of the Nix signing? 

If, so I wouldn’t get to excited about Nix yet. Dude, has to make the roster first. And I doubt Reich is going to play Nix more than a handful of snaps if so. He adds nothing as a receiver. 

1 hour ago, Superfly said:

If, so I wouldn’t get to excited about Nix yet. Dude, has to make the roster first. And I doubt Reich is going to play Nix more than a handful of snaps if so. He adds nothing as a receiver. 

I think that is up to Nix. If he earns time on the field he will get it. 

5 hours ago, Superfly said:

I wasnt, as u say, excited.  It is just the combination of moves over the last couple of years that shows Reich is super committed to the run.  The full back is just a nice acquisition for short yardage situations.  I would love if we added a bigger running back.  Mack is very talented but is  hurt often and not a bruiser. I would not sign him to another contract. I would look for his replacement this or next year.  I have always been a Wilkins fan

The more I think about it, the more I could see CB putting off QB until next year and going OT or maybe RB with 34 or 44 along with WR. I think Rivers can give us two years. Solidify our front line depth for the run we're trying to make this year and bring someone in to marinate next year?

Of course this only makes sense if there are those guys in next years draft. Admittedly I don't know a lot of college guys PRE-breakout, I kinda just pay attention in the moment for the most part. Other than Lawrence & Fields, are there guys you think will be worth taking LATE first (:thmup:) or maybe trading up for in 2021 besides those guys? I only know of those guys & Ehlinger.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:43 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I will go one step further.  He needs to find TYs replacement. I believe he is a free agent and I doubt they resign him based on his recent injuries

Yeah I think if they take the "smaller" guys like Reagor then they are looking for Hilton's replacement.  But the NEED at big-framed guys outweighs that right now IMHO.  But if Reagor is there and he is the guy then I would think replacing Hilton is what they're thinking.  Having two high 2nd round picks is certainly exciting, particularly in this draft with so many good options.  I wouldn't even be surprised if they go WR-WR and get a TE in the 3rd due to depth at that position as well.  I mean if a guy like Reagor is there, then you could still get a big guy like Claypool or Pittman at 44, then a guy like Albert O. at 75, man that would add some instant firepower to the offense!

I'd like to see the Colts take a couple wide receivers early.

Personally, I'd love to see another receiver with blazing speed. Whether it's Ruggs (probably not available at 34), Reagor (plays faster than his 40), or Hamler. The prospect of one of those 3 (or someone like them) on the field with Hilton and Campbell is intriguing.

However, the Colts need a bigger receiver. I'm not sold on Claypool like some. I do like Mims, Pittman, and Tyler Johnson. Tee Higgins would be great but like Ruggs I don't expect him to be available at 34. I'd also add that if you look at how Ballard and his staff have drafted that Mims fits the profile of a Colts draftee perfectly.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:11 PM, waka waka said:

If Swift is there you'd have to really think about taking him at 34. I also like Antoine Winfield Jr in round two also maybe with the second pick depending on how it all plays out.

If swift is there you run to the podium 

8 hours ago, ar7 said:

I'd like to see the Colts take a couple wide receivers early.

Personally, I'd love to see another receiver with blazing speed. Whether it's Ruggs (probably not available at 34), Reagor (plays faster than his 40), or Hamler. The prospect of one of those 3 (or someone like them) on the field with Hilton and Campbell is intriguing.

However, the Colts need a bigger receiver. I'm not sold on Claypool like some. I do like Mims, Pittman, and Tyler Johnson. Tee Higgins would be great but like Ruggs I don't expect him to be available at 34. I'd also add that if you look at how Ballard and his staff have drafted that Mims fits the profile of a Colts draftee perfectly.

Pitman  doesn't  get enough  separation. That is why he has so many contested catches 

Archived