Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

XFL Game Called Over With Two Seconds Left To Play

King Colt

The Houston-Seattle game today 03/07 was called over with two seconds left as the Houston QB took a knee with the clock showing two second remaining. The head of the officiating team was asked what happened and why the officials were not called back to the field and he was at loss for words and said the game is over. He looked totally lost when he said it.  The Dragons had a chance to get one play in to tie the game but were denied. Can't wait to hear the talk about this major blunder.

Sorry, could you elaborate when he says he looked totally lost? So did the refs willingly stop it knowing there was two secs left, or was it an "Oh snap" moment when they realized, "Uhh guys, we accidentally stopped the game prematurely?"

Below is from Profootballtalk.com. Booker is the dimwitted clown that said the game is over despite two seconds left on the clock. 

The game definitely is over for Booker; whatever “reassigned” means, he likely won’t be serving as an XFL officiating supervisor anytime soon. And even though the admission from the XFL won’t change the outcome of the game, at least folks like Seattle coach Jim Zorn will get the sliver of satisfaction that comes from the XFL’s honesty and candor.

The ratings haven't been too bad.   The attendance has been pretty good.   I imagine we'll see it decline with the CoronaVirus scare.  

This was a bad call by the refs, but not a big deal to me.  Seattle was down by nine.   They would have had to score a TD on 1 play and then convert a 3 point conversion to tie the game.   There would have been a chance, but very slim.  

The attendance numbers for the NFL have fallen for 11 straight years although 2018 & 2019 did show signs of a slight increase they were still lower than 2009. I enjoy the XFL and am getting tired of seeing the NFL criminals getting busted for every crime on the books and the egos some of those people have. The NFL has become a soap opera that no one wants to watch.

19 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The attendance numbers for the NFL have fallen for 11 straight years although 2018 & 2019 did show signs of a slight increase they were still lower than 2009. I enjoy the XFL and am getting tired of seeing the NFL criminals getting busted for every crime on the books and the egos some of those people have. The NFL has become a soap opera that no one wants to watch.

NFL games were 47 of the top 50 watched shows in the entirety of 2019.  

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

It is still the most popular sport in the USA.   The salary cap keeps teams hope alive for each season.  

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Seems to me you left off the source of your post.

It's not that hard to find . the NFL dominates the TV ratings and total viewership.  It's not as vast as @jvan1973 said (I don't know his sources, but according to Variety, the NFL commands 19 spots within the top 50 in total viewership and 26 spots of the top 50 in NFL ratings (the much sought after 18-49 demographic).

The simple fact of the matter is, you are wrong.  Attendance has fallen, but viewership continues to rise up for the second straight year.  Teams make crumbs from game attendance compared to TV views.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It's not that hard to find and your ignorance of it does not change the fact that the NFL dominates the TV ratings and total viewership.  It's not as vast as @jvan1973 said (I don't know his sources, but according to Variety, the NFL commands 19 spots within the top 50 in total viewership and 26 spots of the top 50 in NFL ratings (the much sought after 18-49 demographic).

The simple fact of the matter is, you are wrong.  Attendance has fallen, but viewership continues to rise up for the second straight year.  Teams make crumbs from game attendance compared to TV views.

"19 spots within the top 50 in total viewership" is hardly dominance rather a meager 38%. It has not risen above the previous 11 years numbers in attendance  just like I said.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Seems to me you left off the source of your post.

Pretty easy to find

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/31/nfl-television-viewership-increases-5percent-for-2019-season.html

From the article:

"Last year, the league averaged 15.8 million viewers and league games finished with 46 of the top 50 telecasts during the season. This season, NFL games finished with 47 of the top 50 telecasts.:

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

"19 spots within the top 50 in total viewership" is hardly dominance rather a meager 38%. It has not risen above the previous 11 years numbers in attendance  just like I said.

lol if that's what you think, the remark "The NFL has become a soap opera that no one wants to watch," is simply an uniformed and ignorant opinion that no one will buy without the same uninformed ignorance.  I mean, I'm not trying to name call here, but that's what you are essentially doing - insisted ignorance.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol if that's what you think, the remark "The NFL has become a soap opera that no one wants to watch," is simply an uniformed and ignorant opinion that no one will buy without the same uninformed ignorance.  I mean, I'm not trying to name call here, but that's what you are essentially doing - insisted ignorance.

Being that nearly 100% of the mainstream media has referred to the NFL in the same stream as mine I will play my hand as stated. The classis proof of ignorance is a post with zero data so like a little child, they resort to name calling. 

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Being that nearly 100% of the mainstream media has referred to the NFL in the same stream as mine I will play my hand as stated. The classis proof of ignorance is a post with zero data so like a little child, they resort to name calling. 

Except @jvan1973 and I have provided links to articles giving you data and you have not.  All you have done is state an opinion, which you could not back up and then dismiss the data we provided carte blanche.  It's like you don't even pay attention to the words that are putting on the internet.  It's impossible to take anyting you say seriously.  So I'm not going to waste anymore time here.  

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Pretty easy to find

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/31/nfl-television-viewership-increases-5percent-for-2019-season.html

From the article:

"Last year, the league averaged 15.8 million viewers and league games finished with 46 of the top 50 telecasts during the season. This season, NFL games finished with 47 of the top 50 telecasts.:

You left off the part on that site about the viewer's drop off of 9.7% in 2017. 9.7%!!!!!!

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Except @jvan1973 and I have provided links to articles giving you data and you have not.  All you have done is state an opinion, which you could not back up and then dismiss the data we provided carte blanche.  It's like you don't even pay attention to the words that are putting on the internet.  It's impossible to take anyting you say seriously.  So I'm not going to waste anymore time here.  

Bye!

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

You left off the part on that site about the viewer's drop off of 9.7% in 2017. 9.7%!!!!!!

Bye!

Even with a ratings drop,  it's still by far the most watched thing on television.   Far from the "soap opera no one wants to watch".  You're wrong.....  Again

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Even with a ratings drop,  it's still by far the most watched thing on television.   Far from the "soap opera no one wants to watch".  You're wrong.....  Again

"it's still by far the most watched thing on television." Really?! You care to rethink that?

16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

"it's still by far the most watched thing on television." Really?! You care to rethink that?

Nope.   The ratings speak for themselves.   Show me better ratings than the super bowl 

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/top-rated-shows-2019-game-of-thrones-big-bang-theory-oscars-super-bowl-1203451363/

The research is so easy,   yet you come out on the wrong side every time

This many posts in, and no one has blamed Roger Goodell yet...

Also, LOL at the 'NFL is dying' narrative, especially based on TV ratings. Ratings went down across the board, for everything, because TV is changing. And still, the NFL is at the top of the list from September to February, and the NFL draft outdraws the NBA Finals (and I'm a huge NBA fan, so not a shot at the NBA, it's just the NFL draft is a huge event that millions of people watch). 

Last thing, the XFL got one thing right. When the person in charge of officiating makes a terrible call, remove him from that role immediately.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Ratings went down across the board, for everything, because TV is changing.

Thank you!  Attendance to most sporting events has gone down across the board because people can watch it at home on their 70" TV for cheaper, and ratings for traditional TV have gone down across the board because people can watch stuff on the internet with streaming services.

@King Colt doesn't seem to understand this.  He likes to throw out stats without context, and then pick and choose when to use the "main stream media" as a crutch or scapegoat, depending on his argument...   :lol:

Bottom Line:  The NFL is still King of the Mountain.  The NFL Draft will probably have higher attendance and ratings than any XFL game.

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

MOST-WATCHED PRIMETIME TELECASTS OF 2019 (TOTAL VIEWERS)

VIEWERS (000)

1.SUPER BOWL LIII: Patriots vs. Rams (CBS)98,8202/3/2019

2.AFC CHAMPIONSHIP: Patriots vs. Chiefs (CBS)54,3991/20/2019

3.NFL PLAYOFFS: Rams vs. Cowboys (Fox)33,6511/12/2019

4.ACADEMY AWARDS (ABC)30,5412/24/2019

5.NFL PLAYOFFS: Cowboys vs. Seahawks (Fox)29,6901/5/2019

6.COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP: Clemson vs. Alabama (ESPN)24,9451/7/2019

7.THE BIG BANG THEORY, “The Change Constant”/The Stockholm Syndrome” (Series Finale) (CBS)24,7555/16/2019

8.NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Saints vs. Cowboys (NBC)24,3739/29/2019

9.WORLD’S BEST (Post-Super Bowl) (CBS)23,5442/3/2019

10.WORLD SERIES GAME 7: Nationals vs. Astros (Fox)23,30910/30/2019

11.NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Vikings vs. Cowboys (NBC)23,26111/10/2019

12.NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Patriots vs. Steelers (NBC)22,5009/8/2019

13.NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Packers vs. Bears (NBC)22,3869/5/2019

14.NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Ravens vs. Patriots (NBC)22,33511/3/2019

15.NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Cowboys vs. Eagles (NBC)21,72210/20/2019

16.NFL SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: 49ers vs. Packers (NBC)21,08311/24/2019

image.thumb.png.ebae9d70eef4443796206bc5f02c3e3c.png

Archived