Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Javon Kinlaw

I kept thinking this kid's name was familiar and then I recently found out he went to my high school (many years after me, lol) and I watched him play there! I'm all on the Kinlaw train now! I see a lot of love for him here but how many of you would be happy with this pick at 13? 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

He's one of the premier non-QB prospect that we can reasonably expect to be there for us to pick at 13. I think a lot of people here would be very happy with him as the pick...

Thanks for the video, was just about to pull some up and do a deep dive on him. From what I've read, he seems like a near perfect fit for our scheme 

• Like 1

Just now, AZColt11 said:

How could we not?  When was the last time we had a premiere DT?  I think he could be that.

I've seen some people on here compare him to Aaron Donald. Surely that's the best possible outcome and realistically just a pipe dream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMose said:

I've seen some people on here compare him to Aaron Donald. Surely that's the best possible outcome and realistically just a pipe dream.

He's more Chris Jones than Aaron Donald, IMO... but yeah... he's one of the better 3Tech prospects we've had the chance to draft.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's more Chris Jones than Aaron Donald, IMO... but yeah... he's one of the better 3Tech prospects we've had the chance to draft.  

I would be really happy with a Chris Jones type player on our line. Not many DTs are able to apply constant pressure and get to the QB and having one is a huge advantage 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The Colts havent had a premiere DT since before peyton manning. Some would say Booger, but by the time we got him he was past his prime. 

Some might say Jonathan Hankins, and he was solid, but not exactly an Aaron Donald or Chris Jones.  Now......imagine if we could get TWO of those guys, one via the draft and one via FA.  I might leak a little pee.

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

Some might say Jonathan Hankins, and he was solid, but not exactly an Aaron Donald or Chris Jones.  Now......imagine if we could get TWO of those guys, one via the draft and one via FA.  I might leak a little pee.

Loved Hankins but I get the move after we switched schemes. That's why I keep telling my friends no to Snacks Harrison now that he is available. 

6 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I think Ballard truly wants to upgrade this Dline this off season. I see him doing the same thing he did with Nelson and Smith. He will draft DT at 13 and then with one of our 2nd picks he will draft another DT. I could also see him trying to sign Clowny, and resign Sheard. Whichever 2nd pick he doesn't use on DT will be WR imo, while also resigning Funchess. 

All of this prediction hinges on what Anthony Castanzo does. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I think Ballard truly wants to upgrade this Dline this off season. I see him doing the same thing he did with Nelson and Smith. He will draft DT at 13 and then with one of our 2nd picks he will draft another DT. I could also see him trying to sign Clowny, and resign Sheard. Whichever 2nd pick he doesn't use on DT will be WR imo, while also resigning Funchess. 

All of this prediction hinges on what Anthony Castanzo does. 

Would love to see Clowney in a Colts uniform. And I think Sheard is gone. Time for one of our young guys to  step into a larger role. Please god let AC decide to stay and resign with us

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMose said:

Would love to see Clowney in a Colts uniform. And I think Sheard is gone. Time for one of our young guys to  step into a larger role. Please god let AC decide to stay and resign with us

Sheard has been great with us and hes not really that old. He could easily play at this level for another 3 years.. I think Al Woods walking in FA in 2018 hurt this team, and I think Ballard feels the same way about sheard. He expected someone to step up for Woods and it just never happened. I would rather a guy force sheard out, than to just hand over the reigns to a guy who hasn't proven himself a proper replacement. 

I dont see Sheard costing us a lot of money either. There isnt a lot of reasons not to sign him. The dline needs help and I think it woukd be counterproductive to let him walk. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Sheard has been great with us and hes not really that old. He could easily play at this level for another 3 years.. I think Al Woods walking in FA in 2018 hurt this team, and I think Ballard feels the same way about sheard. He expected someone to step up for Woods and it just never happened. I would rather a guy force sheard out, than to just hand over the reigns to a guy who hasn't proven himself a proper replacement. 

I dont see Sheard costing us a lot of money either. There isnt a lot of reasons not to sign him. The dline needs help and I think it woukd be counterproductive to let him walk. 

If he doesn't cost us much, I'm all for signing him but I think he would take more of a rotational role with Turay stepping into a larger role. Sheard has been good for us but I don't think letting him walk would be a huge blow. 

3 hours ago, TheMose said:

I guess my real question is, Is anybody opposed to this pick and why?

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I want this to happen badly. I'm on the trade for Carr and draft Kinlaw train. 

Nope. I want this ^^^^^^

• Like 2