Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alameda Ta'amu Dt

Where Ta'Amu gets drafted all depends on how hi Dontari Poe gets drafted in my opinion. The higher Poe gets drafted the higher Ta'Amu will likely go and vise versa. I think he'll end up going in the mid/lower 2nd round with a 3-4 team reaching for him. I do have a slight issue with him. I know it was only one game, but he seemed to not show up against Baylor at all. I know he's not a flashy player, but I think he was invisible that game.

Where Ta'Amu gets drafted all depends on how hi Dontari Poe gets drafted in my opinion. The higher Poe gets drafted the higher Ta'Amu will likely go and vise versa. I think he'll end up going in the mid/lower 2nd round with a 3-4 team reaching for him. I do have a slight issue with him. I know it was only one game, but he seemed to not show up against Baylor at all. I know he's not a flashy player, but I think he was invisible that game.

Agreed. He can be really inconsistant. Sometimes a force, other times nothing. 34 is too high. 3rd might be okay. Depends on who comes in for FA

I don't think the NT class this year is particularly deep. Personally, I think you get a stop-gap player at NT now (since there is next to nil chance we get Dontari Poe), either through the draft or free agency. Use a high draft pick on a blue-chip NT next year.

A Steeler blogger was stating that their team would probably take Ta'Amu with their second pick.

I get to see a lot of Pac10 football so I've seen him play quite a bit, and I'd rather have Ta'Amu than Poe. Poe's getting all the headlines lately because of his combine, but Ta'Amu just does not get moved from his hole and has much quicker feet than most people would expect. During the Senior Bowl practices, it said that he had the highlight of the day when he beat 1st round prospect, Zeitler, in one on one drills. That in and of itself is good, but he beat him with a spin move. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-124.php.