Who you Got?

Who you Got  

26 members have voted

1. 1. These 3 players become available at our draft Spot

• Jordan Love
    • Derrick Brown
    • Ceedee Lamb

6 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Hypothetically I want to see what y’all think. If we are drafting and when our pick comes up you have these three players available, 

Who you Got?

Jordan Love

Derrick Brown

Ceedee Lamb

Take Brown easily, and try to trade up for Love a bit later.

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

That is my opinion as well. Just everyone seems to be so obsessed with get the QB specifically Jordan Love. I wanted to test and see who they would pass on for him. 

I wouldn’t say it’s obsessed, a DT or WR doesn’t fix the biggest weakness on the team, which is QB.

The Jacoby fans seemed obsessed with WR or DT. Whatever floats everybody’s boat!

• Like 1

Man, I'd love to take Brown... BPA. But QB is the only position where if you need one, the need probably outweighs the value. If I determined that Love was my guy and I was confident in my assessment of him being a franchise QB, I'm pulling the trigger. Lamb (or Jeudy) is tough as well...

Great question.

2 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Man, I'd love to take Brown... BPA. But QB is the only position where if you need one, the need probably outweighs the value. If I determined that Love was my guy and I was confident in my assessment of him being a franchise QB, I'm pulling the trigger. Lamb (or Jeudy) is tough as well...

Great question.

Yeah that's the issue.  Do you take a sure thing high floor guy or a high ceiling guy?  A Nelson/Kelly, or a Hooker?

After seeing our success rate with high ceiling potential guys over the years, I'd take only a sure thing high floor guy.

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah that's the issue.  Do you take a sure thing high floor guy or a high ceiling guy?  A Nelson/Kelly, or a Hooker?

After seeing our success rate with high ceiling potential guys over the years, I'd take only a sure thing high floor guy.

I get that. But I think as decision makers, once you've made your board and done all your research, you either are confident or not - regardless of how previous picks have turned out.

Picking QB is a whole different animal, so we'll see how Ballard views it in regards to high floor or high ceiling. Should be fun!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

I wouldn’t say it’s obsessed, a DT or WR doesn’t fix the biggest weakness on the team, which is QB.

The Jacoby fans seemed obsessed with WR or DT. Whatever floats everybody’s boat!

Not entirely..... I supported JB thinking that a fair shot without having to look over his shoulder gave him, and us, the best chance at salvaging the season off of the crap sandwich of Luck bolting.

Well....he's had his fair shot and I'm fine with us selecting a QB and completely opening up the competition next spring. Just not with a 1st rounder, that's all.

No...my reasoning for Brown, or Javon Kinlaw runs along the same lines as when I supported the Quenton Nelson pick. Understanding that none of these prospects are sure things.... I'd like us to take our best shot at a real beast at DT.

9 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

I get that. But I think as decision makers, once you've made your board and done all your research, you either are confident or not - regardless of how previous picks have turned out.

Picking QB is a whole different animal, so we'll see how Ballard views it in regards to high floor or high ceiling. Should be fun!

Yes.  Past performances are no indication of future results.

What I was thinking is that this team needs several positions.  So I'm hoping their board doesn't rate a player higher because of potential.  We've had too many high ceiling players taken with 1st and second rounders, IMO.  The position you draft in the first is the player with the least risk of bust, IMO.  I'm not sure that the safest pick will end up being Jordan Love or Jacob Eason, but the DT from Auburn is probably going to be a solid contributor at both 3T and NT depending upon the down and distance from day one.  Think of having our Nelson or Kelly along the dline.  He'll be out of reach probably.

Between Parris, TY, and possibly signing Funchess and never know about Ebron, the WR position has too many opportunities to increase the talent from what we've played with this season for me to devote a 1st rounder to that position.  I think a solid WR could be found in round 2.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  Past performances are no indication of future results.

What I was thinking is that this team needs several positions.  So I'm hoping their board doesn't rate a player higher because of potential.  We've had too many high ceiling players taken with 1st and second rounders, IMO.  The position you draft in the first is the player with the least risk of bust, IMO.  I'm not sure that the safest pick will end up being Jordan Love or Jacob Eason, but the DT from Auburn is probably going to be a solid contributor at both 3T and NT depending upon the down and distance from day one.  Think of having our Nelson or Kelly along the dline.  He'll be out of reach probably.

Between Parris, TY, and possibly signing Funchess and never know about Ebron, the WR position has too many opportunities to increase the talent from what we've played with this season for me to devote a 1st rounder to that position.  I think a solid WR could be found in round 2.

Derrick Brown from Auburn would be AWFULLY hard to pass up if he was somehow there at our pick (I highly doubt he will be).  Especially knowing that having a stud at that particular position essentially helps elevate the entire defense.  I would have zero qualms if Ballard took Brown (or maybe Kinlaw) at our first round pick as long as he was confident in their ability to elevate the defense.  The problem then is that if Love/Eason/whoever we like, is picked up before we get another chance, we're rolling Jacoby back out there next year who will have an almost non-existent leash as far as fans are concerned.  If he struggles again, the chatter will start among the national talking heads about Ballard/Reich and their ability as evaluator/coach.  My ideal situation would be Chris Jones hitting FA and us locking him up so we don't have to face that question.  (But then having a combo of Chris Jones and Brown/Kinlaw might be too appetizing to pass up)

Man, I love draft season, lol.