Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CBS 7 Round Mock NFL Draft 2020

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-patriots-raiders-chargers-take-qbs-on-day-2-steelers-start-with-rb/

Colts Picks:

Round 1 (Pick 17) : Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

Round 2 (Pick 37) : Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma

Round 2 (Pick 48) : Zack Moss, RB, Utah

Round 3 (Pick 82) : Matt Bushman, TE, BYU

Round 4 (Pick 125) : Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest

Round 5 (Pick 162) : Myles Dorn, S, North Carolina

Round 6 (Pick 199, Tom Brady pick :)) : Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia

Round 7 (Pick 233) : Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Other than the Sage Surrat pick in the 4th I'm not a huge fan of this. 

Would much rather get DT Javon Kinlaw round 1 and QB Jordan Love early round 2. And I feel like both the 48th and 82nd picks are reaches. 

There are mocks with J. Love going Rd 1. 

I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in who goes where though.

15 minutes ago, MPStack said:

There are mocks with J. Love going Rd 1. 

I wouldn’t put a lot of stock in who goes where though.

Hey, I wouldn't put it past Ballard to move back in Round 1 with the Dolphins who may move up to the Colts' first rounder with a combination of their Texans' 1st rounder and their own 2nd rounder. He might still be able to get who he wants with some maneuvering.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, I wouldn't put it past Ballard to move back in Round 1 with the Dolphins who may move up to the Colts' first rounder with a combination of their Texans' 1st rounder and their own 2nd rounder. He might still be able to get who he wants with some maneuvering.

Might though. You really don’t take that chance with a QB. Any other position you can take a risk. If you find your QB and they are there for the taking you really can’t risk it.

31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Might though. You really don’t take that chance with a QB. Any other position you can take a risk. If you find your QB and they are there for the taking you really can’t risk it.

GMs typically know how things will play out, IMO, as far as who is likely to move up for a QB etc. That is another reason Ballard did not want to move down from the Rock-Ya-Sin pick because he wanted him. I feel that there are 7 teams that will draft QBs. 

Outside the obvious Bengals and Dolphins, I have 5 other teams I believe will draft a QB - Panthers, Bucs, Raiders, Chargers and Colts. 

See my post here: 

I do think we will win 7 games at least and my prediction is still 8-8 for us. In all likelihood, the only team drafting later than us that I see are the Raiders. If we are confident they will not draft a QB after what they invested in Carr, our odds are good if we drop down about 8-10 picks in the draft that the QB we want is still there when it is the Texans' 1st rounder turn. I expect Ballard and his scouts to have a good pulse on that. Maybe we get the Dolphins' Steelers first rounder pick instead of the Texans' first rounder pick then if we want to be sure.

There are some tricky teams that it will be hard to predict. Patriots might even move up. Will the Titans be satisfied with Tannehill  the next few years.  Oakland is another one to watch. Will the Steelers take one that high even though they expect Big Ben back.  It’s really going to be crap shoot if someone is there. I am not really liking what I see from a guy like Herbert.  

Call me crazy, but of the QBs that could be available with our first 2nd rounder (from the Skins), i would take Fromm... his scouting report sounds a lot like that of Brees and even Peyton, to a degree... he is listed at 6'2...has been running a pro style O since high school...is the smartest on the field and makes all of his reads... the "knock" on his is that he doesnt have the strongest arm... but neither does Brees, Peyton, Brady etc. 

If it were possible to get a stud on D or a stud WR in the 1st and then Fromm in the 2nd, count me in.  Heck, Jacoby DOES have a cannon of an arm, but lacks all of the other parts, in my opinion.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Other than the Sage Surrat pick in the 4th I'm not a huge fan of this. 

Would much rather get DT Javon Kinlaw round 1 and QB Jordan Love early round 2. And I feel like both the 48th and 82nd picks are reaches. 

You don’t take Potential franchise QBs outside the 1st round. That’s mainly because of how important that 5th year option is.

Plus aside from Wilson and maybe Dak, what starting QBs were RECENTLY drafted outside the 1st round? Wentz, Goff, Mahomes, Watson, And Lamar were all 1st rounders. Even guys who are still being evaluated like Mayfield, Allen, Murray, Haskins, and Jones were 1st rounders. Only guy you can really point to is Garoppolo as Minshew is also still being evaluated.

Worse case scenario with Love is that he slips but the Colts trade back into the bottom of the 1st for him.

28 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You don’t take Potential franchise QBs outside the 1st round. That’s mainly because of how important that 5th year option is.

Plus aside from Wilson and maybe Dak, what starting QBs were RECENTLY drafted outside the 1st round? Wentz, Goff, Mahomes, Watson, And Lamar were all 1st rounders. Even guys who are still being evaluated like Mayfield, Allen, Murray, Haskins, and Jones were 1st rounders. Only guy you can really point to is Garoppolo as Minshew is also still being evaluated.

Worse case scenario with Love is that he slips but the Colts trade back into the bottom of the 1st for him.

Yep, you take them in the 1st because of the 5th year option.  That's a good point.

I think these early mocks start slotting picks by pure BPA.

By the time the draft rolls around, QBs have climbed 10, 20, or 30 slots.