Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Dolphins just bought a fifth round draft pick

Superman

Remember in the offseason when I suggested the Colts trade for Blake Bortles or Case Keenum, to buy a pick from the Jags or the Broncos?

The Rams just traded Aqib Talib, presently on IR (but eligible to return late this season), to the Dolphins, along with a 2020 5th round pick, in exchange for an undisclosed future pick. This move frees up $4.2m from the Rams cap sheet.

This is something I would like to see the Colts get involved with. Essentially costs the Dolphins $4m to acquire an extra fifth round pick next year. I'm not super excited with adding a fifth rounder, but there could be players that other teams are eager to move on from, due to cap restraints, that we could trade for, if a decent/reasonable pick comes with that player.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Superman said:

Remember in the offseason when I suggested the Colts trade for Blake Bortles or Case Keenum, to buy a pick from the Jags or the Broncos?

The Rams just traded Aqib Talib, presently on IR (but eligible to return late this season), to the Dolphins, along with a 2020 5th round pick, in exchange for an undisclosed future pick. This move frees up $4.2m from the Rams cap sheet.

This is something I would like to see the Colts get involved with. Essentially costs the Dolphins $4m to acquire an extra fifth round pick next year. I'm not super excited with adding a fifth rounder, but there could be players that other teams are eager to move on from, due to cap restraints, that we could trade for, if a decent/reasonable pick comes with that player.

Gonna have to wait until the off season to see that happen. 

On 10/29/2019 at 7:10 PM, Superman said:

The Browns did this with Osweiler too if I’m not mistaken? 

I like what the Dolphins are doing this year.  They appear to be getting more value in return for what they are giving up.  That's how you rebuild quicker, despite the fact the players they are giving up are good.

Alib is an immediate burn of excess capital in order to gain more useful capital this spring.  Another good move.

The difference was that Osweller had years left on his contract, so the Browns got a #2 to eat it. Talib is in the final year of his contract and is injured so he won't be availabe to week 16 at the soonist. 4.2 million for a 5th rounder is a lot to pay.

Just now, ColtJax said: