Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When does Ballard start shouldering some of the blame

boo2202

5 hours ago, a06cc said:

Had a coach lined up that quit on him. Then had a top tier QB just retire. This thread I’m sorry to say makes me angry. He has made tremendous picks. We’re a hurt football team. Get over the blame game. 

Ahh c'mon, it's as American as Apple pie...:D

17 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

He should have traded for Clowney.

He should have made a move on Tyrell Williams. 

He should have signed CJ Mosley.

He should have signed Mark Ingram. 

In your opinion.  

We could have all of those guys and still be in the same situation and have a much more expensive roster with fewer draft picks.

34 minutes ago, gspdx said:

In your opinion.  

We could have all of those guys and still be in the same situation and have a much more expensive roster with fewer draft picks.

I agree and I dont think we should/could have gotten those guys. I was pointing out that I think its insane to give Ballard credit for NOT doing something. 

Thats like me saying "Really Ebron should get praise for those drops, after all he could have fumbled if he caught those passes."

Ballard's biggest mistake by far was not drafting Sam Darnold.  That decision will haunt us for 10-15 years, as the Jets have him and we don't.  Think: Browns passing on Roethlisberger so the Steelers could grab him and torment them.  We're too good to draft that high again, and getting a stud QB prospect after pick 15 is highly unlikely.  Now we'd have to trade Nelson, Hooker, and a first rounder to move up.  That said, I'd do it.  You have to go back to 2006 to find a really crappy starting QB in the Super Bowl.  Too bad we have to overpay for something that was right there for the taking.

3 minutes ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Ballard's biggest mistake by far was not drafting Sam Darnold.  That decision will haunt us for 10-15 years, as the Jets have him and we don't.  Think: Browns passing on Roethlisberger so the Steelers could grab him and torment them.  We're too good to draft that high again, and getting a stud QB prospect after pick 15 is highly unlikely.  Now we'd have to trade Nelson, Hooker, and a first rounder to move up.  That said, I'd do it.  You have to go back to 2006 to find a really crappy starting QB in the Super Bowl.  Too bad we have to overpay for something that was right there for the taking.

Dear God 

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am finally coming around to say that if we have a blue chip prospect that drops a bit, and we are picking in purgatory land (say 20), I'd be fine with moving up for such a prospect by giving up one of our 2nd rounders.

Couldn’t agree more. The trade down with the Jets was a slam dunk, EASY trade, that netted the Colts Nelson.

However, until I see all these accumulated 2nd Rd picks, play like one would expect a 2nd Rd player to perform, I’m all in favor of moving up to draft an impact player if that opportunity is there.  The Colts have one consistent impact player on defense in Leonard. That’s it!