Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 - Chargers could be a W

Scott Pennock

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sounds like Turay might be questionable for game 1. That will be a bummer if he can’t go. To start the season injured is a bummer.

Kenny Moore’s INT today came against the scout team who were mimicking the chargers offense.

Yeah, since they did away with the probable designation it seems like questionable is a better sign than it used to be...

However, it being listed as a neck injury is a bit concerning.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 7:46 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah they look beat up. But I still can’t forget the past when they beat us with a back up QB, a punter, and Sproles.

And Luck before we had Luck meaning, Let's not forget Clint Sessions rookie debut game where he intercepts in the red zone, plays lights oUT and then A.V. misses a point blank game winning FG 19 yards in the last minute.....

• Like 1

i have a weird feeling the colts are going into this game with something to prove chargers o line is horrible   d line will feast .   rivers is a turnover machine  could be a multiple sack and pick game .   brissett is hungry mack wants to eat  .   i think we blow out the chargers  then next week lay a egg to the titans

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

LolZ Melvin Gordon yelling teammates to test hooker.

I don't know why.  Coverage was actually good there.  Just a good throw and a better catch really.

IDK if the Colts will win, but I think it's competitive.  I just think the Bolts will have a little too much.  Bolts 24-20.

• Nadine changed the title to Week 1 - Chargers chttps://forums.colts.com/topic/63036-week-1-chargers-could-be-a-w/ould be a W
On 9/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, most of this has been dissected/delved into in that other Chargers prediction thread. According to that pole the majority of people here actually think we're gonna come out on top.

I think it's gonna be close but I have us ultimately losing. Won't be surprsied either way though. Hopefully our pass rush can rattle Rivers so that he isn't able to pick apart our defense when we go cover 2, because he will be able to get off easy quick passes in those soft spots of the zone if we let him. Our pass rush and red zone defense will be key.

This. I think we have the potential to shut down their run game, but I think it hardly matters. They have an elite RB catching out of the backfield, and Rivers is fully capable of putting a game on his back by throwing all game. It's going to either come down to if our offense can surprise and out-score, or our pass rush needs to show up big.

23 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i have a weird feeling the colts are going into this game with something to prove chargers o line is horrible   d line will feast .   rivers is a turnover machine  could be a multiple sack and pick game .   brissett is hungry mack wants to eat  .   i think we blow out the chargers  then next week lay a egg to the titans

When has Rivers ever in his career been a "turnover machine"?