Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What players do you want the Colts to acquire

holeymoley99

Obvious 1 QB is coming and likely an O Lineman as well.   Rolan Milligan is most likely first cut, second could be Milton,Z Franklin maybe even Tell (Doubt he clears waivers).

What is one everyone's wish list ?

I'd prefer Brock Osweiler who is servicable until Kelly is done with his suspension and Joshua Garnett (SF 1st round pick in 2016 former starter and college football's Outland award winner in 2015, huge ceiling low risk)

• Thanks 1

Give me a 2-4 game contract with a vet QB. I'd prefer old and accomplished, to old and mediocre or young and ?... We just need a bridge for a few weeks, not a project or someone who won't be a good mentor to Kelly.

Also, give me OL Alex Bars who just got cut from the Bears. Was great before he got injured and would have been drafted higher had he played the entire season at ND. Had great coaching, and just needs some time.

I'm good with TE, WR, DB, and LB.

I doubt there's any good DL that get waived. 

• Like 1

I would definitely ask QB Brian Hoyer if he would be willing to back up Brissett for two games.  And I also have high interest in C Stefen Wisniewski.  Am scouring the waiver wire for a quality backup LT, but am coming up short.

My surprise guy would be diminuitive speedy rookie OLB Sutton Smith.  No, he has no size to speak of, but I love his energy.

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I would definitely ask QB Brian Hoyer if he would be willing to back up Brissett for two games.  And I also have high interest in C Stefen Wisniewski.  Am scouring the waiver wire for a quality backup LT, but am coming up short.

My surprise guy would be diminuitive speedy rookie OLB Sutton Smith.  No, he has no size to speak of, but I love his energy.

Hoyer makes the most sense as our temporary backup.

3 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Not looking for anyone in particular.

We need a vet QB backup probably until our bye week (week 6) or so.

After that Kelly could probably do the backup job (or more).

We don't need a long term vet. Would rather have a rookie  developmental QB on the PS.

I have a hard time believing they will keep 3 qbs on the 53.  They might though.   

Personally I would be looking at someone young to lead the scout team from the PS after the suspension is up. Someone like Kyle Lauletta who could grow and compete with Kelly too. Iron sharpens iron thingy....

It doesn't matter who backs up Brissett the first two weeks because if he goes down there is no QB out there that would win either game more than likely.....

• Like 1

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

When was the last time 3 teams had 1 QB after cut down day ?  Denver and Seattle will be vying with us for that vet qb and both of them offer a year long clipboard spot. Is going to be a very intersting Sunday.

If Jacoby goes down in week 1 were screwed.  It doesn't matter what cast off we sign to back him up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It almost seems like we're only working out QB's who would accept being the backup for a couple weeks while Kelly is suspended. We didn't end up bringing in Heinicke, haven't been linked to any of these other young promising QB's who have been cut...

I guess we'll see if we sign any of the young guys who have been getting cut though. If we were thinking about replacing Kelly (which I hope we aren't), the first two guys on my list would be Kyle Sloter and Heinicke. Instead we're bringing in established not-so-great backup QB's.

14 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It almost seems like we're only working out QB's who would accept being the backup for a couple weeks while Kelly is suspended. We didn't end up bringing in Heinicke, haven't been linked to any of these other young promising QB's who have been cut...

I guess we'll see if we sign any of the young guys who have been getting cut though. If we were thinking about replacing Kelly, the first two guys on my list would be Kyle Sloter and Heinicke.

Get real.  We are not replacing Kelly...we are going to develop him.

11 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Get real.  We are not replacing Kelly...we are going to develop him.

I think we agree. I want Kelly to be the back up.

I'm saying that I'm hopeful that we trust him as the backup if we're only bringing in guys like Weeden, Osweiler, and David Fales as opposed to bringing in guys like Heinicke and Lauletta. I added an edit just in case I wasn't clear enough. Kelly's my guy at QB2.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This is what I mean. If we don't end up signing any of these promising young guys but are going after guys like Fales (who is just not good) then I have hope that the trust Kelly with the backup job after week 2.

Luck kind of screwed us. There really isn’t many options. We could of had mcnown if he had done it sooner.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Obvious 1 QB is coming and likely an O Lineman as well.   Rolan Milligan is most likely first cut, second could be Milton,Z Franklin maybe even Tell (Doubt he clears waivers).

I'd prefer Brock Osweiler who is servicable until Kelly is done with his suspension and Joshua Garnett (SF 1st round pick in 2016 former starter and college football's Outland award winner in 2015, huge ceiling low risk)

As for cuts...just keep Tell...any of these others can go.

As for a backup...Brock is OK until Kelly gets up to speed and can take over the backup role.

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am praying he doesn’t get hurt in the four practices next week lol. 

I think this kid is going to surprise.   I don't think he is gonna be Andrew luck,   but Frank has had him for two seasons.     If he gets hurt,   we're doomed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

If they cut tell we lose him besides I think he showed just enough to earn a spot on the team I get he is raw as a corner but if we picked up another corner he most likely wouldn't be better than him also keep in mind he can play safety too.

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Dude, I think we agree. I want Kelly to be the back up.

I'm saying that I'm hopeful that we trust him as the backup if we're only bringing in guys like Brock Lobster and David Fales as opposed to bringing in guys like Heinicke.

We need 'a guy' who will agree to a 2-week contract or a 5-week contract (bye week follows) or longer (depends on Kelly getting up to speed).

Most QBs out there want a full time job for the year.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think this kid is going to surprise.   I don't think he is gonna be Andrew luck,   but Frank has had him for two seasons.     If he gets hurt,   we're doomed

If he gets hurt, Ballard will find or trade for a QB every bit as good as Brissett...it won't be difficult to find one.

You people have an exaggerated opinion of Brissett...he is just an average game manager backup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If they cut tell we lose him besides I think he showed just enough to earn a spot on the team I get he is raw as a corner but if we picked up another corner he most likely wouldn't be better than him also keep in mind he can play safety too.

If we look at it objectively, he beat out Hairston (forcing a trade - and helping with a future draft pick) and beat out a former 2nd Round Talent in Collins as well as a converted Safety.

Additionally, as he is being groomed to play CB he can still be used in a pinch at Safety or the big nickel position that Geathers and Wilson play. He will also likely be a special teams core player as well.

He's a swiss army knife....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

We need 'a guy' who will agree to a 2-week contract or a 5-week contract (bye week follows) or longer (depends on Kelly getting up to speed).

Yeah, that's what I mean by saying it seems like Ballard's going after guys who will gladly take a 2 week job as opposed to young QB's with legitimate potential who might be looking for a chance at long term backup gigs elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Yes, of course QBs want a longer term contract, but someone will take a short term contract to hold a clipboard because it pays so well and is better than being out of the league entirely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Yes, of course QBs want a longer term contract, but someone will take a short term contract to hold a clipboard because it pays so well and is better than being out of the league entirely.

Yes.  One of these old vets would do it...Osweiler, Cassel, Weeden, etc.

One of the younger QBs would probably not.