Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King interview with Andrew Luck

Coltsfan0112

13 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

He seems pretty adamant that he's getting better and will play week 1. Interesting question when King asked him if this injury happened last season and the response.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/05/don-banks-dies-nfl-fmia-peter-king/

Also, in FMIA article he posts Luck had 3 MRI'S and shows nothing more than a calf strain. He also heard this had started from late last season. In article he does mention Colts and Luck are confident he will play week 1.

I don't feel like there is no controversy at all. When Luck is playing there are not many Qb's better than him. I think Luck is stating the obvious. He knows Jacoby is too good to be a back up and definetly sees him being a starter next year with another team. But he will never beat out Luck.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is another interview king did for colts.com.

Good article to read. 

3 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I don't feel like there is controversy at all. When Luck is playing there are not many Qb's better than him. I think Luck is stating the obvious. He knows Jacoby is too good to be a back up and definetly sees him being a starter next year with another team. But he will never beat out Luck.

45 minutes ago, GusFring said:

I feel a qb controversy looming. Especially if Jacoby plays well. Even Bill Parcels is in the Brissett camp and has spoken about Luck not being able to stay healthy. 

there is no controversy, luck is a top 5 QB when healthy.  JB went like 4-11 one year and thats all we have on him.  if Luck is healthy he plays, pretty simple

10 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

The idea of Luck hanging it up in a few years should probably not be easily dismissed. But he’s incredibly driven and competitive...so it would probably take more than a lingering calf injury. We just have to hope for health.

I think it's a fair, although bleak, thought to put out there. At the very least, it's not a given that he plays until he's 40+ like some assume.

But yeah, he is driven/competitive, loves the game, the camaraderie...and we have an up and coming OL to keep him clean for the most part.

• Like 1

Torn knee ligament ends players career

Torn pectoral muscle ends players career

Torn back disc ends players career

Repeated concussions ends players career

Strained calf muscle ends players career

One of these things is not like the others.........

21 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Torn knee ligament ends players career

Torn pectoral muscle ends players career

Torn back disc ends players career

Repeated concussions ends players career

Strained calf muscle ends players career

One of these things is not like the other.........

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think that the argument is that Luck will end his career based on a strained calf muscle. Rather, it's the accumulation of injuries sustained, (Concussion, shoulder injury, bruised ribs, lacerated kidney, etc) and yet to be sustained in football, along with age.

The argument specific to Luck is that he is a bright young man, and although he loves football, he has the ability to make a great living outside of football. At some point, the injuries will outweigh his love of the game and his willingness to put his body/future at risk, (given that he continues to sustain injuries). If no further injuries, then all may be fine.

• Like 2