Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advise 2019 Edition Ask Here

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

I would. I'm also concerned about the reports that McCoy is supposed to get a "significant" share if the reps at KC.  Watch Williams.

I’ll believe it when I see it, Andy Reid offense is not an easy one to pick up without a TC, so might take time.

A guy in my auction draft desperately wants a WR, but he is also very stingy when it comes to trades. 

Half point PPR, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex

His team:

RB: Barkley, Gurley, Gordon, Hunt, Hyde

WR: Ridley, Watkins, C. Sutton, C. Davis, G. Tate

TE: Kittle, Ebron

My Team:

RB: Mixon, Cook, Williams, D. Henderson Jr, J. Jackson

WR: M. Thomas, Diggs, Kupp, C. Samuel, M. Valdes-Scantling, Pettis

TE: D. Waller (with plans to pick up Herndon after suspension week 6)

He is willing to trade me Gurley and Kittle but wants my best WR in Thomas.  I am now really concerned about Williams with the addition of McCoy which makes this trade tempting. I feel good about all my receivers, but don't know if I feel good enough in giving up Thomas.

Thoughts?

@Jared Cisneros, @chad72

and anyone else!

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

A guy in my auction draft desperately wants a TE, but he is also very stingy when it comes to trades.

His team:

My Team:

He is willing to trade me Gurley and Kittle but wants my best WR in Thomas.  I am now really concerned about Williams with the addition of McCoy which makes this trade tempting. I feel good about all my receivers, but don't know if I feel good enough in giving up Thomas.

Thoughts?

@Jared Cisneros, @chad72

and anyone else!

Need to know if the league is PPR and if there's a flex before deciding.

15 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Reports aren't looking good for Elliot.

It seems to be going back and forth, have to let the dust settle before game 1 happens. Odds are, Zeke signs. Melvin Gordon, on the other hand, is going to be like LeVeon Bell 2.0, just like last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

A guy in my auction draft desperately wants a TE, but he is also very stingy when it comes to trades.

His team:

My Team:

Thoughts?

@Jared Cisneros, @chad72

and anyone else!

I'd do it. I like Gurley's playoff schedule and if he is rested well enough, it could be good enough to win you your championship. I am not sold on Diggs as much as you are, so you do get significantly weak but if your FLEX allows playing a TE, it enhances the value of your trade, IMO. 

I typically look at this for matchup calendar:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/matchups/rb.php

Granted, it changes from year to year and is based on last year's rankings but you can decide a few things based on this. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It seems to be going back and forth, have to let the dust settle before game 1 happens. Odds are, Zeke signs. Melvin Gordon, on the other hand, is going to be like LeVeon Bell 2.0, just like last year.

But he's in a different situation. He might just get traded since this is his last year on his contract. But not entirely sure how that 5th year works.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Alright, I'd do it. The PPR works for half-point, kittle is elite, you would have Gurley and his handcuff, and you can play 3 RB's. I like it.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd do it. I like Gurley's playoff schedule and if he is rested well enough, it could be good enough to win you your championship. I am not sold on Diggs as much as you are, so you do get significantly weak but if your FLEX allows playing a TE, it enhances the value of your trade, IMO. 

So who do I drop? I might look to dump off D. Williams and a WR for a better WR, then make the trade so that I don't have to drop anyone and hopefully not lose too much value.

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

So who do I drop? I might look to dump off D. Williams and a WR for a better WR, then make the trade so that I don't have to drop anyone and hopefully not lose too much value.

I'd drop MVS. Geronimo will be #2 behind Davante Adams. Curtis Samuel and Pettis both have #2 potential but MVS is at best #3, IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Drop Justin Jackson. He'll get his, but Eckler is the top guy still, and Damien Williams is still the lead back in KC.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd drop MVS. Geronimo will be #2 behind Davante Adams. Curtis Samuel and Pettis both have #2 potential but MVS is at best #3, IMO.

Really?  I think MVS is going to outperform Geronimo this year. I never thought Geronimo was ever that good.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Drop Justin Jackson. He'll get his, but Eckler is the top guy still, and Damien Williams is still the lead back in KC.

With Gordon out, if Ekeler gets injured, that leaves Jackson and I don't know if Ekeler will be "elite" enough  to warrant being a bell cow. 

But honestly, there isn't anyone else to drop other than D. Waller.  I only care to carry one TE anyways and stream on the bye week. But as you said I could run Kittle and Waller for flex and TE.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

With Gordon out, if Ekeler gets injured, that leaves Jackson and I don't know if Ekeler will be "elite" enough  to warrant being a bell cow. 

But honestly, there isn't anyone else to drop other than D. Waller.  I only care to carry one TE anyways and stream on the bye week. But as you said I could run Kittle and Waller for flex and TE.

Not only that, but Kittle could get hurt at TE and you'd need Waller. I think your RB's are fine if you drop Jackson after the trade. Up to you though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Really?  I think MVS is going to outperform Geronimo this year. I never thought Geronimo was ever that good.

All of them will eat but I think Geronimo starts as #2.  I base it on these:

https://redshirtsfantasyfootball.com/geronimo-allison-or-marquez-valdes-scantling-who-is-the-packers-wr2-to-draft-in-fantasy-football/

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft/marquez-valdesscantling-geronimo-allison.php?scoring=PPR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001035067/article/davante-adams-geronimo-allison-could-be-dangerous

• Like 1

Ok, so I've got a few WRs I could target to trade Williams and a WR for to make room for gurley and kittle.

Team 1: 

Target: M. Evans

Top 3 RBs: Conner, A. Jones, D. Hemry

Team 2:

Target: D. Adams

Top 3 RB: D. Johnson, Mack, Murray/Penny

Team 3:

Target: OBJ

Top 3 RB: Elliot, Ekeler, Lindsay

Team 4:

Target: Hill

Only RBs: CMC, K. Johnson, D. Harris

Who's the best to target and what's a fair WR trade to pair with Williams? I'm thinking Kupp or Samuels.

My Team:

TE: D. Waller

18 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Bah the original guy just backed out, acting like he never offered it to begin with. Now he wants Gurley for Thomas straight up. Nvm.

He knew it was a good trade for you.  I understand. At least he was not low balling you to begin with.

I hate the kind of guys who try to think you are a newbie and offer a ridiculous WR3 kind for an RB1/RB2 kind. WR2 on a team does not mean WR2 across the league, ADP does count for something. 

One guy offered me Eric Ebron and Andrew Luck for Austin Ekeler and Christian Kirk a DAY AFTER Andrew Luck retired. Yeah, he was testing me if I was a fantasy or a football hermit, living under a rock, I guess, LOL. :) 

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I usually put 10-15 hours of research before my fantasy draft, but this year I just haven’t had the time. My draft is tomorrow and I was wondering who are some of your favorite sleepers and value picks. I think Austin Ekelor and David Montgomery are some guys I might reach for. Any advice is appreciated. 

Those are good choices. Gordon is out for an extended time, so Ekelor will be the top RB for the Chargers. David Montgomery is the Bears' starting RB, and is bound to get a lot of targets. Nagy has implied that the other RB, Cohen was worked too often last season, and his workload could decrease a bit, putting Montgomery on top. 

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I usually put 10-15 hours of research before my fantasy draft, but this year I just haven’t had the time. My draft is tomorrow and I was wondering who are some of your favorite sleepers and value picks. I think Austin Ekelor and David Montgomery are some guys I might reach for. Any advice is appreciated. 

Devin singletary, Christian Kirk, dante pettis, darrel Henderson.

PPR tournament in daily fantasy: start Baker Mayfield vs Tennessee or Lamar Jackson at Miami?

Miami doesn't look good this season, so Jackson could have a nice game. But Mayfield has OBJ and Landry for targets. I have to stay under the salary cap, and both QB's cost about the same. 

On 8/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, TomDiggs said:

That can be rough. I also don’t particularly enjoy a league where TE is optional simply because when there isn’t a mandatory starting TE required, then the TE position loses a ton of value. 

So in the end this will will be a horse race to hoard RBs and WRs with RBs taking the main focus if you can start 4. 

If your opposition falls on deaf ears just plan accordingly and load up. 

My opposition fell on deaf ears, this is how my team ended up (1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR/TE, 2 WR/RB/TE, DEF was the agreed format for half PPR league, can play up to 4 RBs):

In an ESPN, half PPR draft, my team looks like this:

QB: Wentz, Jimmy G (last round)

RBs: Chris Carson, Mark Ingram, Austin Ekeler, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis

WRs/TEs: Michael Thomas, JuJu Smith Schuster, Evan Engram, Emmanuel Sanders, Geronimo Allison

DEF: Ravens, Chargers

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My opposition fell on deaf ears, this is how my team ended up (1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR/TE, 2 WR/RB/TE, DEF was the agreed format for half PPR league, can play up to 4 RBs):

In an ESPN, half PPR draft, my team looks like this:

QB: Wentz, Jimmy G (last round)

RBs: Chris Carson, Mark Ingram, Austin Ekeler, Duke Johnson, Dion Lewis

WRs/TEs: Michael Thomas, JuJu Smith Schuster, Evan Engram, Emmanuel Sanders, Geronimo Allison

DEF: Ravens, Chargers

Looking pretty good man. Ekeler and Johnson are going to surpise folks and being able to trot out Thomas and JuJu for your two WRs is beastly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Looking pretty good man. Ekeler and Johnson are going to surpise folks and being able to trot out Thomas and JuJu for your two WRs is beastly.

While the RB run was going on early, JuJu fell to 19 (picking 6th) and I got him there instead of falling for the RB run. I remember when Jordy and other wide outs left the Packers, how Davante Adams emerged last year; feel JuJu will end up like that this year. 

On 9/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, Narcosys said:

You were right about MVS being #2 based on 1 game but now, he has an injury, not sure how that affects Geronimo's targets. Both Geronimo and MVS are worth playing only as a 4th wide out in a league that allows 4 wide outs, IMO, against the right pass defense. 

If yesterday is an indication, the Packers are going to stay balanced on offense for most of the year.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, teganslaw said:

PPR tournament in daily fantasy: start Baker Mayfield vs Tennessee or Lamar Jackson at Miami?

Miami doesn't look good this season, so Jackson could have a nice game. But Mayfield has OBJ and Landry for targets. I have to stay under the salary cap, and both QB's cost about the same. 

Mayfield is more proven with a better roster.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Ouch.  

No one could have predicted Lamar "throwing" for 5 TDs though. Maybe it is an aberration, maybe it is a trend, we will find out. Ravens did get ahead and dominate, but Lamar got his numbers in a huge way while Mayfield laid an egg. So much for the Browns' hype. :) 

On the other hand, I did well for myself playing Lamar who was my only option since I got him in round 8 and made out like a bandit. 3 leagues, I was the top scorer in scoring 150+ in a standard league and 2 half PPR leagues. It has happened for the FIRST time in my 12 year FF life on the same week in 3 separate 12 team leagues. I will cherish it, whether I win it all or not.

IMG-1063-modified.jpg

IMG-1062-modified.jpg

IMG-1064-modified.jpg

• Like 1

In a $100 FAAB, how much would you put towards WR Marquis Brown and RB Malcolm Brown, $10 each? More?

Marquis Brown's snaps were far less than Malcolm Brown, I'd place more on Malcolm Brown than Marquis Brown, based on that. I just don't have an idea how the money aspect works within your limits.

• Like 1