Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three Colts on All-Under-25 Team

Lucky Colts Fan

A great reminder of how young this team is. It is really exciting to see Colts management stay disciplined in free agency with an eye on keeping these young guys around when their contracts come up. It is a style that requires a lot of discipline, but is great for the fans as we can watch these guys grow and develop, instead of having massive roster turnover every year as we constantly have to release great players for "cap reasons".

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hark said:

A great reminder of how young this team is. It is really exciting to see Colts management stay disciplined in free agency with an eye on keeping these young guys around when their contracts come up. It is a style that requires a lot of discipline, but is great for the fans as we can watch these guys grow and develop, instead of having massive roster turnover every year as we constantly have to release great players for "cap reasons".

I dont understand those who see this as a problem. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hark said:

It is always nice to know the players names year after year and feel you get to know them. It’s hard to get into a team when players never stick around. The manning years were fun because we got attatched to the players.

• Like 2

Love the position you take on this Harp. I feel the same way. Free agency has made it hard to feel comfortable having favorite players outside QB1. 4 years and away they go. I'm tired of hearing about Bell's and Brown's too. Do people not understand that it is not guaranteed that last years pro bowler can come to Indy and blow out his knee in training camp? What then? Hang on to that money Chris, I wanna see the Maniac, Big Q and Parris Cambell wearing a horseshoe for years to come.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

All three are well deserving of this recognition. No one saw Smith

or Leonard being this good, especially Smith being moved to

Tackle.

Based on his comments, I don't think Ballard thought that.  

35 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wonder how some of the '17 Draft class feels not being on the list?

Hooker seldom gets a ball thrown his way to showcase his talents, Quincy

Wilson was drafted young and has struggled with the transition to the

NFL, Mack is really good but at the RB position you really have to turn

heads and Walker is a good linebacker but not great.

43 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Hooker seldom gets a ball thrown his way to showcase his talents, Quincy

Wilson was drafted young and has struggled with the transition to the

NFL, Mack is really good but at the RB position you really have to turn

heads and Walker is a good linebacker but not great.

Add to that that this list was only 26 players and there are 32 teams and you really have to stand out to make it.   

I think Ballard has been doing great.   Keeping the Salary cap in check, signing 2nd or 3rd tier free agents to decent contracts and drafting very well.   It will be interesting in a couple years when these players are due for their next contracts.   Some will have to be let go most likely.    The downfall of great drafts is that it marks a time when they all are due high dollars.   I think that is where Ballards push for good locker room guys may pay off.   Maybe some will sign for a bit less to stay on a team they like and enjoy.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:50 AM, Hark said:

It's the grass is always greener syndrome.  Our FA can't be as good as another team's FA. 

We could sign 10 of our own, but if we don't sign someone from another team, inevitably some fans will complain about us not signing any FAs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1