Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard should sign Eric Berry.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Geathers is a box safety nothing more if he has to cover he is screwed cause he is terrible in coverage.

So what you're saying is Ballard is clueless about his assessment of Geathers as a one of his favorite players? Just want to be sure I am understanding your opinion.  

20 hours ago, JPFolks said:

So what you're saying is Ballard is clueless about his assessment of Geathers as a one of his favorite players? Just want to be sure I am understanding your opinion.  

Ballard's biggest issue with Geathers is his health. Plain and simple.

On 5/5/2019 at 1:14 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I owe you an apology.   I did some homework, and turns out, Berry has played strong safety and not free since he cane into the league.   My bad.

All these years and I always thought he was a free.   Nope.   Sorry. 

I dont think it means we’re going to sign him, but that’s another story.   

You sure do Apologize a Lot. haha

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You sure do Apologize a Lot. haha

As far as I can tell,  I’m one of the few.  You should consider doing it more often.   It’s good for you.   Good for the soul.

But I’m not expecting that.  

Apologizing is always a good thing for everyone.   And you just took the opportunity to take a shot at someone.  As if it’s a bad thing.   But that’s how screwed up you are these days.   Doing the right think earns a negative post from you.     So sad. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As far as I can tell,  I’m one of the few.  You should consider doing it more often.   It’s good for you.   Good for the soul.

But I’m not expecting that.  

Apologizing is always a good thing for everyone.   And you just took the opportunity to take a shot at someone.  As if it’s a bad thing.   But that’s how screwed up you are these days.   Doing the right think earns a negative post from you.     So sad. 

You did a good thing, you was wrong and apologized. I have done it a couple of times in here as well. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 1:14 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I owe you an apology.   I did some homework, and turns out, Berry has played strong safety and not free since he cane into the league.   My bad.

All these years and I always thought he was a free.   Nope.   Sorry. 

I dont think it means we’re going to sign him, but that’s another story.   

You're a new Colts fan so it's understandable. Lol.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:57 PM, Legend said:

Yeah, but Eric Berry is a 5 time Pro Bowler and locker room leader.

and...

On 5/5/2019 at 3:17 AM, Legend said:

Berry is a natural SS and would play SS on the Colts.

I'm aware of his history and the fact he was diagnosed with lymphoma in 2014.

That's a big IF.

And had an ACL in 2011, Lymphoma in 2014, Achilles in 2017, and Haglund's deformity last year.

On 5/5/2019 at 3:24 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree he has always been one of my favorite players in the NFL would love to have him here in any way especially if hes healthy! if he is healthy he would easily move Geathers to the bench 

He has not had any surgical correction for the Haglund's deformity suffered last year, just rest.  (recovery from such can be tricky, maybe nearly as much as recovery from Achilles tendon repair)

It is his right heel, not the heel on the (left) Achilles he previously injured, but should not increase chance of Achilles on that side though.  It's whether they can keep symptoms from reappearing which would limit him again. He is north of 30 years old now as well.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

and...

And had an ACL in 2011, Lymphoma in 2014, Achilles in 2017, and Haglund's deformity last year.

He has not had any surgical correction for the Haglund's deformity suffered last year, just rest.  (recovery from such can be tricky, maybe nearly as much as recovery from Achilles tendon repair)

It is his right heel, not the heel on the (left) Achilles he previously injured, but should not increase chance of Achilles on that side though.  It's whether they can keep symptoms from reappearing which would limit him again. He is north of 30 years old now as well.

yeah it's not likely to happen but I just wouldn't mind hes just always been a favorite of mine same with larry fitz. seeing either wear the blue would bring me great joy lol

On 5/4/2019 at 8:41 PM, Legend said:

Eric Berry is an upgrade over Clayton Geathers and I would much rather see Geathers as a backup to add depth over him being a starter. Depth at the SS spot is huge for this team since guys like Geathers can't seem to stay on the field.

Neither can Berry.  He's done!!