Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Notable Free Agents We Can Pick Up On Offense For Cheap

stonehart1234

12 members have voted

1. 1. Like My list of free agents?

• Dislike

Here are some free agents the colts should pick up.

Harry Douglas WR Falcons

Ted Ginn Jr. WR 49ers

Lee Evens WR Ravens

Peyton Hillis RB Browns or Micheal Bush RB Raiders

The reason i like alot of these WR's is because they are fast.

I think if we could pick up these guys then are offense would run alot smoother.

(sorry i did not put any Offensive linemen on my list)

Neither Peyton Hillis nor Micheal Bush will be "cheap". Those are two of the biggest RBs in FA. Ted Ginn and Lee Evans might be burners but have bounced around more than most and have failed to meet even the modest expectations. We can do better.

Laurent Robinson, a good route runner, a good No.2 if Garcon leaves or if we decide to do the unthinkable of trying Garcon as a No.1. With Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, he may be dispensable for the Cowboys and I think we can get him relatively cheap.

Our own Anthony Gonzalez can be had for cheap as well. The big question is, is our offensive system going to incorporate some of the things we have previously done or are we going to scrap the offensive playbook and start over again? I hope we do retain some key concepts from our previous playbook that would help maximize Collie and White, plus Tamme as well.

The big money has to be spent mainly on O-line and D-line, IMO where it is harder to transition from college to the pro ranks.

you really want the guy that dropped the game winning td to go to the super bowl

Football is a 60 minute game. One play never makes or breaks a game. What if the kicker had made the field goal and Evans caught a TD pass in overtime like Demaryius Thomas. There isn't a single receiver in the NFL who can claim he has never dropped a pass, it's just part of the game. Sometimes it happens on 2nd and 4 with 8:45 left in the 1st quarter and no one remembers it. Sometimes is happens with minutes left on the clock and everyone remembers it

With a strong WR draft class, WR would be the last place I would throw money at in free agency. The exception would be if we lose both Wayne AND Garcon. Then, things may change but till then, try to re-sign Garcon and draft a couple of WRs in the draft.

Spend free agency money on O-line and D-line, it will be worth it. Pagano and Grigson, from the D and O side, know the value of men in the trenches. Hopefully they put the money where it needs to go.

With a strong WR draft class, WR would be the last place I would throw money at in free agency. The exception would be if we lose both Wayne AND Garcon. Then, things may change but till then, try to re-sign Garcon and draft a couple of WRs in the draft.

Spend free agency money on O-line and D-line, it will be worth it. Pagano and Grigson, from the D and O side, know the value of men in the trenches. Hopefully they put the money where it needs to go.

I agree with this. You can't go into the season with no veterens but clearly young WRs can be had to fit into our system. We have a rookie QB. Veteren or rookie will have the same report with our new qb. That said I rather go cheap in the draft. I would bring back Garcon if we can get him for like 4-5 million...no more. You don't want everyone running around not knowing what they are doing or your going to get your qb killed. Perhaps a short term deal to a vet or two to help out in camps and early...then those rookies can learn the ropes and hopefully by the second half are producing.

Football is a 60 minute game. One play never makes or breaks a game. What if the kicker had made the field goal and Evans caught a TD pass in overtime like Demaryius Thomas. There isn't a single receiver in the NFL who can claim he has never dropped a pass, it's just part of the game. Sometimes it happens on 2nd and 4 with 8:45 left in the 1st quarter and no one remembers it. Sometimes is happens with minutes left on the clock and everyone remembers it

there are moments were great players make great plays and that was a moment.

But they also make bad plays too. Peyton Manning once threw 6 picks against the Chargers, then 4 picks against them a couple years ago, and 4 picks against the Cowboys too. Players make good and bad plays all the time.

Lee Evans had 4 catches for 74 yards last year......lets just say he is pretty much done. Two 1,000 yard seasons several several years ago for a guy that was the 13th pick in the draft back in 2004....safe to say he was a bust. Ted Gin....lets just say he is following Evans career path lol.

But they also make bad plays too. Peyton Manning once threw 6 picks against the Chargers, then 4 picks against them a couple years ago, and 4 picks against the Cowboys too. Players make good and bad plays all the time.

you ever recall lee evans making that play to win the game. atleast with peyton you can give him a slide because of all the great moments hes had

Let's make this clear Hillis and Bush will not be cheap, at least over 3.5M. Ted Ginn Jr is only good on special teams, his value as a receiver is not great. Harry Douglas had a couple good games, but he fits the Falcons system the best. Lee Evans is old and can't catch important passes.

too bad he didnt drop the ball haha a defender hit it out. it was a good defensive play and wasnt the receivers fault at all..

We definatly need somthin at WR. As of now we have a slot and thats it. I wouldnt mind trying Ginn if he is cheap at least he offers some return value if he doesnt help much on offense. One of the ex-Saints would be nice if they arent too expensive. I just dont love their durability issues.

If we are going to have a ridiculous amount of cap room next year could we bring in Colston (if he would even play for us) and just work his contract out accordingly? Also maybe sign Garçon and perhaps draft a quality young receiver like Wright, Sanu, or Hill (if any fall to the second). Heck or maybe even draft Aj Jenkins out of Illinois in the 4th perhaps?? It might be asking for to much but Colston, Garçon, Collie, Gonzo, then either Hill, Sanu, Wright, Aj Jenkins sounds like a nasty WR core. Meh I'm probably getting my hopes up.

regardless, the guy is old. we need to get luck some young good talent like colston.

Would you agree that young talent would be a guy that's in his early to mid 20's, not over 27. Marques Colston will be 29 next year. He's not getting much better, and he's going to be expensive and we don't have that much cap space for next year. We have a great amount down the line, but with him and his durability, we could be seeing a steep decline once he starts getting into his early 30s. Really not worth the risk. Draft some kids and maybe bring in a young kid that has some experience like a Laurent Robinson.

Would you agree that young talent would be a guy that's in his early to mid 20's, not over 27. Marques Colston will be 29 next year. He's not getting much better, and he's going to be expensive and we don't have that much cap space for next year. We have a great amount down the line, but with him and his durability, we could be seeing a steep decline once he starts getting into his early 30s. Really not worth the risk. Draft some kids and maybe bring in a young kid that has some experience like a Laurent Robinson.

robinson has been a journey man. atleast colston is one of the best wr in the league.

Here are some free agents the colts should pick up.

Harry Douglas WR Falcons

Ted Ginn Jr. WR 49ers

Lee Evens WR Ravens

Peyton Hillis RB Browns or Micheal Bush RB Raiders

The reason i like alot of these WR's is because they are fast.

I think if we could pick up these guys then are offense would run alot smoother.

(sorry i did not put any Offensive linemen on my list)

The only WR out of that list I'd even take a chance on is Ginn, but he's still not worth the $$$ in my opinion. Lee Evans? Wasn't effective at all last season for the Ravens and that dropped pass in the AFC championship game isn't something to be known for at the moment haha He's old, declining and maybe in free fall. For Hillis, the baggage he has is a question mark but I think he's still going to get payed a higher amount of cash than people think he will.

only player i like on the list is hillis, cause he had a bad year with the browns so he might have to sign for a lot less than he is worth. there is no doubt in my mind he would pick up a lot of 3rd and shorts for us and i think this is a weak running back class in the draft

I am only in for picking up a strong inner offensive lineman or a strong NT to use in the 3-4. Everything else is wasting money on older guys while waiting on Luck to mature into the NFL IMO. There are a lot of WR's out on this market to get at bargain prices. It is almost silly to pay 8 mil/yr on any wr that has age on him as he will fall off just in Lucks stride and then we have to get someone else for him to learn with. I stay firm in building up the oline to protect Luck and help that running game first and foremost and build up that defense in the draft. FTR, I would resign Garcon to a contract that averages 7 mil/yr, thats the going rate if you look through the NFL most recent contracts for wr's. 4 mil/yr is a pipe dream and 6 would be an excellent value.

I heard that the Chargers cut Marcus McNeil. He could take LT while Costanzo works RT for a year or two. I know that this is an offense thread but I'd love to see a big DT and a CB. We pick up a safety in the draft in round two.

For WR-Meachem. We keep Garcon and Collie in case Wayne goes somewhere else.