Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stampede Blue: Winners & Losers 2018 - Defense

DaveA1102

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/1/15/18183163/indianapolis-colts-2018-winners-and-losers-defense

Nice article here, although the inclusion of Hooker as a "Loser" seems a bit harsh as, although his stat sheet wouldn't reflect a great year, I believe he was a big reason behind us not seeing many deep throws against us.

Maybe they just needed to bulk out that category after a year with so many "winners"! haha

• Like 1

hooker was decent this year, but i can understand why they said he lost

we were hoping he would get healthy and turn into a great safety, instead he looked slower than before and his hip is still a problem too.  that hip injury happened over two years ago now, that is not a good sign 

• Like 1

Hooker does need to show more. Some people don't want to sugar coat it and some want to be nice. It depends on which side suits you. :) 

The injury he came back from, it is going to take another offseason for us to evaluate if he can play at a consistently high level again and most importantly, if he is going to be available to suit up at least 80% of the games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

Putting Hooker in the Loser category was just taking a Shot.
Boooooo!
He needs to get healthy and should still become Very good.

I agree, placing Hooker in the loser category is laughable. We didn't 

hear a whole lot about him this season because he was doing his job.

His health and durability is my only concern.....but we could say that 

about 40% of the roster.

15 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I would say there is a 50/50 chance you are right.

It doesn't look good for any player on the roster that were

healthy scratches during the season. Not with Ballard

steering the ship.

The guy just loves churning the bottom of the roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Hooker does need to show more. Some people don't want to sugar coat it and some want to be nice. It depends on which side suits you. :) 

The injury he came back from, it is going to take another offseason for us to evaluate if he can play at a consistently high level again and most importantly, if he is going to be available to suit up at least 80% of the games. 

The Hooker injury prone label is ridiculous. I do understand that he had nagging injuries throughout the year, but that should be corrected this offseason. Quick, how many games did he miss this season? Certainly not enough to miss 20% of the games. 

18 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

It doesn't look good for any player on the roster that were

healthy scratches during the season. Not with Ballard

steering the ship.

The guy just loves churning the bottom of the roster.

If they made the roster he see's something. But he says there are good players in every round. These guys know those 9 draft picks and whoever else he brings to camp are coming for their jobs. Stay hungry my friends.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I agree, placing Hooker in the loser category is laughable. We didn't 

hear a whole lot about him this season because he was doing his job.

His health and durability is my only concern.....but we could say that 

about 40% of the roster.

One thing i love about how Q drives guys all over the place away from the line is it greatly lowers the chance any of those big heavies will fall on his legs and **** him up. 
 These back end guys are running at high speed and crashing into people at odd angles and go flying. It defies logic that lots of injuries shouldn't be part of it.
Give me 6 good corners and 4 good safeties. haha  Might as well ask for 5 good LB's while i am at it.

• Like 1