Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why The Hate On Grigs?

BProland85

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was our own & they ONLY turned to him after he swing & missed on Garcon. He did get Mathis back though, but Wayne & Mathis were ours, wheres the beef.

I have no idea where the beef is, McDonalds or Taco Bell maybe? Or you can get plenty of beef at Marsh or Kroger

We see it completely different. You can scroll up a few posts to see my take on the moves Grigson made. It's interesting that you classify creating cap space as an edict from Irsay, when in reality it was just the common sense thing to do at this point. Grigson has been on the job two months, and right now, our team is in a position to improve rapidly -- if we make the right decisions in the draft.

I saw the above stuff. We are in a position to improve & for me the jury is out until the draft, & even then you won't know for a few years, or he go's after & DELIVERS a couple of GOOD SIGNINGS! I am not saying I don't like him, I am saying it is IMPOSABLE to know now if he is good or not! MY sincere hope is that he is. I like that he seems to be a tough no nonsense guy, who gives straight answers. I love the Colts I want him to succeed. :colts: I will say this though all of the Colt cut Players will sign & play somewhere & probably play well baring injury other than Painter.

We see it completely different. You can scroll up a few posts to see my take on the moves Grigson made. It's interesting that you classify creating cap space as an edict from Irsay, when in reality it was just the common sense thing to do at this point. Grigson has been on the job two months, and right now, our team is in a position to improve rapidly -- if we make the right decisions in the draft.

I guess common sense really isn't very common. lol. I don't see anything Grigson has done to have all these people doubting him. Give him a chance before you say things people. We have not even been to the draft yet.

Lets see....................Brackett, Clark, Addai and Bullitt were cut and with the exception of Clark at the time NEVER deserved their contracts which is now knee capping this team!

All those guys EARNED there contracts & helped us get to not 1 but 2 Super Bowls. Brackett IMO maybe was over-payed, but was UNDER-PAYED for years before & was the heart of the defense

The funny thing is no matter how much you want a Mercedes Benz ya aint getting it if you don't have the cash! Geez, some people need a clue!

Ha ha! Love this, and tell me about it! I would love to go get me an old 67 mustang but it aint happenin! lol.

All those guys EARNED there contracts & helped us get to not 1 but 2 Super Bowls. Brackett IMO maybe was over-payed, but was UNDER-PAYED for years before & was the heart of the defense

Brackett, Bullitt and Addai were all over payed at the time of their new contracts. Clark wasn't at the time of his but his back load in pay was ill advised and there is no arguing that. It's no suprise BP is on ESPN and not running a team as he ran this one into the ground! 19 mil for Freeney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in their right mind would sign a pass rusher to elite QB money....proof's in the pudding! Give the new dude a break as he has to clean up this darn mess.

I want a '69 Chevelle and when I have the proper cash to purchase and ressurect i will :)

Yes that would be nice! I love old cars. I however do not know a thing about mechanics, fixing cars, etc. Lol. Guess I'm still a woman ha ha! If I ever find my mustang I will need to pay someone to fix it up for me:) One day.....sigh

I want a '69 Chevelle and when I have the proper cash to purchase and ressurect i will :)

all time dream, or a 55 bel air :)

but yes, I have loved ALL the moves grigs has made. especially the o line moves. being he was one, in sure he know what hes looking for. love this dude, he is my type of guy...roll up your sleeves type of guy who not afraid to put the work in. not with the whole fancy suit holier than thou type....

Brackett, Bullitt and Addai were all over payed at the time of their new contracts. Clark wasn't at the time of his but his back load in pay was ill advised and there is no arguing that. It's no suprise BP is on ESPN and not running a team as he ran this one into the ground! 19 mil for Freeney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in their right mind would sign a pass rusher to elite QB money....proof's in the pudding! Give the new dude a break as he has to clean up this darn mess.

Addia & Bullet were payed STARTER money they were STARTERS. They were not payed on the high end. Freeney's # is high & I believe he Pollian would have restructured his deal if Pollian was still here & he is not & he is not working with the new GM a. because he doesn't know him & maybe. because he probably doesn't know his role or like his role in the in defense. Your right the proof is in the pudding, 12 playoffs in the last 13 years & 2 Super bowl appearances & a championship. THAT SUCKS!!! Most teams would give anything for that type of success! That bad Pollian. Really!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not hating on the new GM, But the jury is STILL OUT!! He HASN'T done anything special IMO & we wont know if he is any good honestly for years to come. To annotate him as the 2nd coming at this point is a little premature. Its hard to win in this league, & I have been a t Colt fan for the early 70's. I have been through this rodeo before. It is much harder than one might think this rebuilding stuff. We will see how it goes. He is suppose to be a good talent evaluator we will soon see in the draft.

Addia & Bullet were payed STARTER money they were STARTERS. They were not payed on the high end. Freeney's # is high & I believe he Pollian would have restructured his deal if Pollian was still here & he is not & he is not working with the new GM a. because he doesn't know him & maybe. because he probably doesn't know his role or like his role in the in defense. Your right the proof is in the pudding, 12 playoffs in the last 13 years & 2 Super bowl appearances & a championship. THAT SUCKS!!! Most teams would give anything for that type of success! That bad Pollian. Really!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not hating on the new GM, But the jury is STILL OUT!! He HASN'T done anything special IMO & we wont know if he is any good honestly for years to come. To annotate him as the 2nd coming at this point is a little premature. Its hard to win in this league, & I have been a t Colt fan for the early 70's. I have been through this rodeo before. It is much harder than one might think this rebuilding stuff. We will see how it goes. He is suppose to be a good talent evaluator we will soon see in the draft.

Addai and Bullitt were injured the year before their deals.....come on. I also have been a Colts fan since the early 70's and have been down this road before and have faith in the direction the team is going. I do however feel having so many consecutive 12 plus win regular seasons deserved more than 1 ring.

I saw the above stuff. We are in a position to improve & for me the jury is out until the draft, & even then you won't know for a few years, or he go's after & DELIVERS a couple of GOOD SIGNINGS! I am not saying I don't like him, I am saying it is IMPOSABLE to know now if he is good or not! MY sincere hope is that he is. I like that he seems to be a tough no nonsense guy, who gives straight answers. I love the Colts I want him to succeed. :colts: I will say this though all of the Colt cut Players will sign & play somewhere & probably play well baring injury other than Painter.

You're putting all these conditions on the moves he's making, as opposed to what you want him to do.

You're downgrading Cory Redding because he doesn't meet your criteria as a "good signing," but he was a key addition that will allow us to convert our defense, and he had other options but CHOSE to come here. You keep saying that he followed his coordinator, but Pagano only coached Redding for one year. He was the Ravens secondary coach until 2011, and then he became the coordinator. So it's not like he and Pagano have been joined at the hip. He joined the Colts on a reasonable contract, we didn't break the bank for him, and he wasn't black-listed without any options. Good signing.

He hasn't even had a draft yet. He's been reserved in free agency, but still has made moves that make us better right away. The players we got rid of haven't contributed at a high level for at least two years, and weren't worth the money they were due for the remainder of their contracts. And those moves allow us more flexibility in free agency now and definitely for next offseason. He's been patient working with a really crucial decision (Freeney), letting it play out, and will probably reach a resolution some time around the draft, one way or the other.

So yes, so far, in his two months on the job, Grigson is knocking it out of the park. He's done everything I think he should have done. He hasn't been trigger happy, but has been methodical, and he's steering the ship in the right direction. The foundation is laid for the team to improve right away, and to do so in a manner that's not risky long-term. I don't care how he dresses, or how he addresses the media, or how old he is, or what kind of watch he wears, etc. I care about the decisions he makes, and right now, he has no black marks against him.

Addai and Bullitt were injured the year before their deals.....come on. I also have been a Colts fan since the early 70's and have been down this road before and have faith in the direction the team is going. I do however feel having so many consecutive 12 plus win regular seasons deserved more than 1 ring.

There was no reason to believe Addai or Bullet would be injured again. I know I didn't think the contracts were bad at the time. Hindsight is always better after you know the outcome. We are starting over with a VERY YOUNG & INEXPERIENCE GM & coach. Although it is exciting again the jury's out for me. They have to show me improvement. Yes another ring would have been nice. The AFC during that time span was tough. I really felt Dungys son dying that year we lost to Pitt, was sad. I think that was the best INDY team I every saw. Tough break indeed.

Brackett's contract was backloaded. Clark's was backloaded. They were both done in a manner that would allow us to address them later on without costing us money. That's what we just did. Those contracts weren't mistakes. They were done strategically to allow us to keep our best players and continue to reevaluate their status every year. This year was the breaking point on both of them.

Same thing with Freeney. The objective from the beginning was to address his contract before carrying him at $19 million.

There was no reason to believe Addai or Bullet would be injured again. I know I didn't think the contracts were bad at the time. Hindsight is always better after you know the outcome. We are starting over with a VERY YOUNG & INEXPERIENCE GM & coach. Although it is exciting again the jury's out for me. They have to show me improvement. Yes another ring would have been nice. The AFC during that time span was tough. I really felt Dungys son dying that year we lost to Pitt, was sad. I think that was the best INDY team I every saw. Tough break indeed.

I wasn't happy with the signings at the time, no hindsight on my part but I understand your point. TD's Son dying definately was a huge blow, one I wish they could have rellied around for a championship...

You're putting all these conditions on the moves he's making, as opposed to what you want him to do.

You're downgrading Cory Redding because he doesn't meet your criteria as a "good signing," but he was a key addition that will allow us to convert our defense, and he had other options but CHOSE to come here. You keep saying that he followed his coordinator, but Pagano only coached Redding for one year. He was the Ravens secondary coach until 2011, and then he became the coordinator. So it's not like he and Pagano have been joined at the hip. He joined the Colts on a reasonable contract, we didn't break the bank for him, and he wasn't black-listed without any options. Good signing.

He hasn't even had a draft yet. He's been reserved in free agency, but still has made moves that make us better right away. The players we got rid of haven't contributed at a high level for at least two years, and weren't worth the money they were due for the remainder of their contracts. And those moves allow us more flexibility in free agency now and definitely for next offseason. He's been patient working with a really crucial decision (Freeney), letting it play out, and will probably reach a resolution some time around the draft, one way or the other.

So yes, so far, in his two months on the job, Grigson is knocking it out of the park. He's done everything I think he should have done. He hasn't been trigger happy, but has been methodical, and he's steering the ship in the right direction. The foundation is laid for the team to improve right away, and to do so in a manner that's not risky long-term. I don't care how he dresses, or how he addresses the media, or how old he is, or what kind of watch he wears, etc. I care about the decisions he makes, and right now, he has no black marks against him.

Redding is a signing. its OK & will help the transition. He did however follow his DC that's OK. To me he hasn't done ANYTHING probably you or I couldn't have done. Hitting it out of the part to me is something extraordinary, not average. It seems apparent to me Freeney will be traded or released. Trading him is the harder of the 2. I want to see a trade for at least a 3rd round pick. That, would be extraordinary! Thus he has now hit one out of the park!! :rock:

Brackett's contract was backloaded. Clark's was backloaded. They were both done in a manner that would allow us to address them later on without costing us money. That's what we just did. Those contracts weren't mistakes. They were done strategically to allow us to keep our best players and continue to reevaluate their status every year. This year was the breaking point on both of them.

Same thing with Freeney. The objective from the beginning was to address his contract before carrying him at $19 million.

Oh I understand all abou the back loading of contracts....just don't let too many blow up at the same time like we just had and which helped cause the purge.

Oh I understand all abou the back loading of contracts....just don't let too many blow up at the same time like we just had and which helped cause the purge.

The purge was as much about production as it was about money, which is why Freeney is still on the roster. The players cut haven't produced in two years.

The Addai contract was a mistake; I said at the time we should let him walk. I'd have gone no higher than 3 years, $10 million, but I'd have preferred letting him walk. Could have signed Donte Whitner with that money.

The purge was as much about production as it was about money, which is why Freeney is still on the roster. The players cut haven't produced in two years.

The Addai contract was a mistake; I said at the time we should let him walk. I'd have gone no higher than 3 years, $10 million, but I'd have preferred letting him walk. Could have signed Donte Whitner with that money.

Yep production and ducats....I didn't like Addai (or Bullitts) signing either as I stated earlier in the thread.

We have another bumper crop of 16 free agents for 2013:

Caldwell; Collie; Cosby; Edds; Freeney; AJohnson; Justice; King; Linkenbach; McAfee; Moala; Olsen; Powers; Reitz; Snow; White

Caldwell; Collie; Cosby; Edds; Freeney; AJohnson; Justice; King; Linkenbach; McAfee; Moala; Olsen; Powers; Reitz; Snow; White

As of today, there's only three names there that I'm concerned with: Collie, McAfee, and Powers. The others either have plenty to prove or are unlikely to make it out of camp. Freeney probably gets traded in a few weeks.

Of that list I see Freeney gone this year. McAfee and Collie re-signed. Powers and White re-signed if they stay healthy and show they fit in in the new schemes. Moala is in a make or break and if he can't show anything at DE in the 3-4 bye.....A Johnson as well but as a NT in the 3-4. The rest will be interesting to see how they fit in the new scheme, especially Reitz....otherwise I don't see any of them returning?

As of today, there's only three names there that I'm concerned with: Collie, McAfee, and Powers. The others either have plenty to prove or are unlikely to make it out of camp. Freeney probably gets traded in a few weeks.

Of that list I see Freeney gone this year. McAfee and Collie re-signed. Powers and White re-signed if they stay healthy and show they fit in in the new schemes. Moala is in a make or break and if he can't show anything at DE in the 3-4 bye.....A Johnson as well but as a NT in the 3-4. The rest will be interesting to see how they fit in the new scheme, especially Reitz....otherwise I don't see any of them returning?

I hope we don't go through another drama thread when we don't re-sign the majority of these players next year.