Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enjoy it while it lasts

csmopar

22 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Besides age, where is the evidence that AV is slowing down? He's still kicking at an 80% clip. I have seen nothing that points to any decline at all. He's missed a few kicks this season, but this is nothing new

Honestly, nothing more than gut feel for my part. When AV lines one up I feel more trepidation than before.

23 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not making excuses for AV his miss yesterday looked to be all him, but part of the problem is Rhodes is not a good long snapper, his ball placement on snaps is all over the place so the holder and AV have no consistency in ball placement and timing.

Get a better long snapper and a few of AV misses this year would be makes.

I said the same thing about the snaps earlier this year. It throws off the timing of the kick. 

But having said that, if you watch Vinny during pre game warm ups you'll see several poor kicks, with him hitting the ground early. I've been watching him in warm ups for the past 4 years and this is the first season his pre game kicks have not been 99% perfect height and ball rotation. 

He still has the leg as he had the distance from 59 yards on back to back kicks in pre game (both wide left). But the inconsistent ball striking is a concern. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...