Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great Win! Let's build on a turning point!

horseshoecrabs

This was a great way to build on our progress to put our team on the upswing as a team of the future. We have a 3 game wining streak. 

We have an uphill climb to finish the season, but regardless, we needed this win.  We have a ways to go but obviously Luck is back in form.

I feel that our organization is moving in the right direction.  with the right FA and draft next year we can be a force really soon then. So far I think next year should be  a defensive draft, with a few tweak's on offense via FA or draft. Next year the sky could be the limit.   

15 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

This was a great way to build on our progress to put our team on the upswing as a team of the future. We have a 3 game wining streak. 

We have an uphill climb to finish the season, but regardless, we needed this win.  We have a ways to go but obviously Luck is back in form.

I feel that our organization is moving in the right direction.  with the right FA and draft next year we can be a force really soon then. So far I think next year should be  a defensive draft, with a few tweak's on offense via FA or draft. Next year the sky could be the limit.   

If we beat Tennessee next week, the games will really begin then. We need Houston to lose to Washington as well. Then it will get real interesting. Today was an absolute must win to set any kind of scenario up and we got it. 

• Like 2

This was a great win but from listening to the game on the radio, this defense is nowhere near ready to compete for a title. Can we get enough pieces to make that happen next year? Idk but we are missing 2 pass rushers, a safety and at least 1 corner but more likely, 2.

We also need that true #2 wr to compliment TY. Maybe it’s Inman, maybe it’s Cain but it’s not any of the others we get to see each week. Thank god we have 2 really good TE’s.

Vinny missing that 52 yard kick indoors probably signals his future imo. 

Special teams seemed to Ed to have some lapses today from what I got to hear of the game. Some long run backs ??

id love to say we could get on a roll and really do damage but I’m afraid of the defense and it getting in the way of advancing. Crazier things have happened but this defense is a sieve. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jdubu said:

This was a great win but from listening to the game on the radio, this defense is nowhere near ready to compete for a title. Can we get enough pieces to make that happen next year? Idk but we are missing 2 pass rushers, a safety and at least 1 corner but more likely, 2.

We also need that true #2 wr to compliment TY. Maybe it’s Inman, maybe it’s Cain but it’s not any of the others we get to see each week. Thank god we have 2 really good TE’s.

Vinny missing that 52 yard kick indoors probably signals his future imo. 

Special teams seemed to Ed to have some lapses today from what I got to hear of the game. Some long run backs ??

id love to say we could get on a roll and really do damage but I’m afraid of the defense and it getting in the way of advancing. Crazier things have happened but this defense is a sieve. 

As long as Luck and the Oline are healthy, the offense will be fine.  

The D, on the other hand, has a long, long way to go.  Defensive backfield is poor, and we can’t put pressure on the QB.  Not a good combination.  

I’m going to assume we’re playing that soft zone because we don’t have the talent to play a more complicated scheme.  

There are are a few pieces to build on, but we need a lot of help.  Let’s hope Ballard opens that huge bank up next year and brings in the right guys.  We don’t need one superstar.  We need several good players.  

• Thanks 1

I'm just happy we still have that small chance... Jags have none. Gotta bring our A game when we play the Titans next week. They are a good team. But it is looking like a chance for a Titans letdown game since they always disappoint after big wins. First close win on the season, but no time at all to relish it, we gotta be ready for everything the Titans have to throw at us.

Also it will be another test for the oline which hasn't given up a sack in 4 weeks I think. Titans really rocked the Pats oline but ours is better, imo. The D also needs to show up like they did in the 4th qtr only giving up a fg.

Another note;" The Colts D has forced a turnover in every game this year, I expect to see that continue with a very inaccurate Marcus Mariota, we gotta contain him.

• Like 1

There was a lot to fix going into this year's draft and FA period.  Ballard has fixed some of that, because you can't fix all that was wrong with this team in one off season.  We have a great OL, a better running game, some real potential in our LB corps, too.  Plus, we have a coaching staff that is doing very well and using the talent we have, especially on offense.  So, this upcoming draft and FA period can be used to fix more of what needs fixing.  I'm expecting a heavy defensive draft and more of those FA signings to up the talent and depth.  There may or may not be any big FA signings, but I believe if there's one or two that "fit" then those will get done, too.

We have now become more attractive to potential free agents, I believe, so that bodes well for us.

We are moving up and showing a lot of improvement.  I also see an improvement in team chemistry and this group hustles and plays hard the entire game each week.

We still have a ways to go, but we're getting closer to being the beast in the AFC South again and in AFC as a whole.