Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning To Miami? (Merge)

manningstheman

I'm not saying it is going to happen. Like I said, getting WAAAY ahead of things. I was thinking about it more from an irony standpoint. The '72 Dolphins are notorious for popping champagne every year when the last undefeated team finally loses. It would be somewhat ironic if Peyton went to Miami and finally pulled off the 19-0 season that nobody has been able to achieve......especially after what happened in Indy.

That would be bizarre for sure. I thought sure the Pats had done it before Eli spoiled their fun:) Way to go Eli!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Miami is the best choice for Peyton.

- Good receiving core, he'll make Bess and Hartline good. Marshall is already great.

- Bush just had a 1000 yard season.

- Their O-line is getting good and with a new RT could be great.

- Their defense was very good (top 10), but I don't like this switch to 4-3. D still should be pretty good. Good special teams too.

- New coaching staff, but they should come through.

- A great retirement place for PM... everyone retires in Florida!

They also have a good amount of cap room left and should be able to sign him with no problems.

Irsay respects the talent too. If it was just based on talent, Manning wouldn't go anywhere. Miami also has more cap space, a younger team, a better O-line, and a better defense. They are a good QB (and arguably some good coaching depending on how Philbin turns out) away from being a contender

No they don't. Matt Moore was sacked 10% of the time he dropped back to pass this year. Will it be good? Probably, but right now it is not. Marc Columbo is terrible and he needs to go. Once they replace him with someone good, then they'll be a good O-line.

No they don't. Matt Moore was sacked 10% of the time he dropped back to pass this year. Will it be good? Probably, but right now it is not. Marc Columbo is terrible and he needs to go. Once they replace him with someone good, then they'll be a good O-line.

Yeah, but no one on our current offensive line has the talent to match up with Jake Long

Yeah, but no one on our current offensive line has the talent to match up with Jake Long

True, but one player does not make a line. That O-line is still terrible whether he's on it or not. They need to make changes to the right side of that line to be considered good.

Yep, that's true. Still, they have more pieces in place than we do

I don't know about that. I say it's about the same. They have their left tackle of the future. We have two (obviously not as good) good tackles/potential guard in Ijalana and Castonzo. Both players have tons of potential. Both teams have short term solutions at left guard, us in Reitz and the Dolphins have Incognito. Both teams have good players at center, we have Saturday (I think he stays) and they have Pouncey. Pouncey is 15 years younger though. They have no right guard and the Colts have Diem or Pollak or Ijalana. I say it's about the same. Plus the Colts have this year's draft to improve the line and the same with the Dolphins. Like I said, if the DOlphins can fix the right side of their line, then they have a good line that is better than the Colts.

I don't know about that. I say it's about the same. They have their left tackle of the future. We have two (obviously not as good) good tackles/potential guard in Ijalana and Castonzo. Both players have tons of potential. Both teams have short term solutions at left guard, us in Reitz and the Dolphins have Incognito. Both teams have good players at center, we have Saturday (I think he stays) and they have Pouncey. Pouncey is 15 years younger though. They have no right guard and the Colts have Diem or Pollak or Ijalana. I say it's about the same. Plus the Colts have this year's draft to improve the line and the same with the Dolphins. Like I said, if the DOlphins can fix the right side of their line, then they have a good line that is better than the Colts.

But the Phins have better receivers than we do at the moment with Bess and Marshall and a much better defense than us.

But the Phins have better receivers than we do at the moment with Bess and Marshall and a much better defense than us.

Agreed, but the Colts have the better quarterback at the moment in Andrew Luck (assuming we pick him), the Colts have better TEs, the Colts have better 3-4 OLBs, the Colts have better safeties (Bethea > Bell), and the special teams is better for the Colts. Remember, the Colts have the draft.

Probably nothing too big, probably just the Dolphins owner being supportive and asking him some questions about joining Miami. I personally think that Peyton will not sign right away and will wait maybe a month or two before he comes up with something. The Dolphins guy is probably saying that we would like to have you on the Dolphins, and maybe threw out a couple of numbers. Nothing too serious (yet).

I'm not sold on the Dolphins defense, especially moving to a 4-3. They may have DTs in Starks and Odrick. I like Wake a lot better as a standup rusher than a down lineman. Their MLBs might be alright but I don't know who would play WILL. They have good CBs that play aggressively and force turnovers, something we don't have here, but their Safety play leaves something to be desired. Other than Wake I don't know who they have to rush the passer, and since Soliai and Langford will be leaving that leaves a pretty big hole in run defense. They could really have a hard time defensively.

On offense though, Peyton has shown he doesn't need much help. If Reggie went there with him that offense would be very strong with Marshall, Wayne, Bess, and Hartline. Fasano would probably have a 1,000 yard season as a Peyton Manning Tight End. If that Oline can open holes for Bush they might be just about unstoppable on offense. The only glaring weakness I see is Colombo at RT....but he can't be any worse than Linkenbach.

I think the best place for manning would be Minn, I dont know their cap info but Ponder isn't very special

They have an awful offensive line, bad to average WRs (outside of Harvin) and an awful defense.

Minnesota is not a good place for him IMO.

I think you guys are over-rating the Dolphins. Remember the first half of last year, They were one of the worst teams right there with us.

OK, remember how good the Colts were with Peyton, then how bad they were without?

Apply that to Miami and it's looking good for the future.

That's about the worst place. No defense, no WR, no O-line and then being in a grooming like situation. Ughh, that'd be absolutely awful.

Hmmm, remind you of any other teams he used to play for?? If Reggie goes with him he's good to go.

freddie colmen says he has sources that peyton already talked the owner of the dolphins.

I would bet the ranch Manning has know who he will be playing for "next" season for some time now......

I'm thinking ..

Miami

Denver

SF . ... in that order.

I would bet the ranch Manning has know who he will be playing for "next" season for some time now......

I'm thinking ..

Miami

Denver

SF . ... in that order.

Oh my, I have a hard time envisioning Tebow as QB2 behind PM.

I also have a hard time seeing PM taking orders from Harbaugh.

Oh my, I have a hard time envisioning Tebow as QB2 behind PM.

I also have a hard time seeing PM taking orders from Harbaugh.

Manning is the "ONLY" QB in the NFL who could roll up into Denver and "squash" Tebow mania....

And as far as that goes I think Tebow would be thrilled to get the chance to "learn" behind the best. The more I think about Denver the the more I like this destination.

Manning is the "ONLY" QB in the NFL who could roll up into Denver and "squash" Tebow mania....

And as far as that goes I think Tebow would be thrilled to get the chance to "learn" behind the best. The more I think about Denver the the more I like this destination.

Please, I fell into the "learn behind" group and now that I'm out I want to stay that way. Tebow has started games, he doesn't want to "learn" from anyone and Denver has never been mentioned as a city destination....at least not in the articles I read.

Please, I fell into the "learn behind" group and now that I'm out I want to stay that way. Tebow has started games, he doesn't want to "learn" from anyone and Denver has never been mentioned as a city destination....at least not in the articles I read.

start doing your homework.....

heeh.ee.. no test, but at the official Indy Colt forum we all like our peeps to be on their tipie toes.... at all times.

No problem, it's the middle of my work week, I just got off from a 10 hour shift so I'll plead brain flatulence this once.

No problem, it's the middle of my work week, I just got off from a 10 hour shift so I'll plead brain flatulence this once.

Right On... I just got off also... I miss all the good stuff.... First hand that is.

That is why I TVO as much as possible. Is that fan cheating?

I think Denver is a good fit. If they can make the playoffs with Tebow at QB, just think what they could do with a functional offense. Plus, they don't have an established QB to displace. I think the people in charge of the team realize that Tebow is not the long-term answer.

You are acting like it is a given that Manning's neck will heal and then hold up. That he will step right in as if it were 2006-07 again. He was declining before the injury, he will never be the same.