Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If You Want To Blame Someone

:facepalm: ...

Here, I'll make it easy for you... Read the bolded part of your comment above. You said "Blame both Irsay and Peyton for not believing this team could get to the Super Bowl again."

I said "Peyton believes the team can get to the Super Bowl again, otherwise, why would he want to remain a colt?"

So he's leaving a team he thinks can get to the Super Bowl. That makes sense, who wants to be on a team they believe can get to a Super Bowl? Irsay and Peyton don't believe the Colts can get to the SB with Peyton in the short amount of time he has left to play. You're telling me that Peyton believes the Colts can so he's leaving??????????????

:wall:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your insinuating that the Polians didn't build the team that went 2-14 least year and secured the #1 pick then your just plain ole crazy.

If we had better coaching last year, we probably could have won at least 5 games. Jim Caldwell and Larry Coyer didn't do much to help the defense last season and Clyde Christensen didn't change the offense to help Curtis Painter or our other quarterback who played either.

So he's leaving a team he thinks can get to the Super Bowl. That makes sense, who wants to be on a team they believe can get to a Super Bowl?

:wall:

Who said he's leaving? If Irsay wanted him on the team, he would be right now. Let's wait and see if he resigns with the colts. Your telling me that you don't think Peyton wants to play for the colts right now? Have you not listened to his bazillion comments about how he wants to stay in Indianapolis?

If we had better coaching last year, we probably could have won at least 5 games. Jim Caldwell and Larry Coyer didn't do much to help the defense last season and Clyde Christensen didn't change the offense to help Curtis Painter or our other quarterback who played either.

Curtis Painter winning 5 games? That can only happen in the Twlight Zone

Who said he's leaving? If Irsay wanted him on the team, he would be right now. Let's wait and see if he resigns with the colts. Your telling me that you don't think Peyton wants to play for the colts right now? Have you not listened to his bazillion comments about how he wants to stay in Indianapolis?

He's gone. I don't like it and do believe they could get back to the SB with him but he's gone and isn't coming back. They both want him to be a Colts but don't believe that it's in either of their best interests. They didn't tear up because this is how they wanted it to end. They teared up because they think this is what they have to do. They don't believe the Colts are going back to the SB in the few years Peyton has remaining, and they don't think it would be fair to Luck to make him sit if they aren't, IMO. Peyton wants to be a Colt, Irsay wants him to be a Colts, but neither believes it's in the best interest for anyone involved. If they thought together they were returning to the SB they would be together.

I am only guessing but maybe Irsay did not trust Chris enough to let Bill retire. Some people in the front office leaked that Chris had polarized the front office. They said he let go of good scouts because they were not in his click. Maybe thats why the last few drafts were not as good as some wanted.

Yeah but when he left the Colts, I thought he'd retire then. He works for ESPN now.

Also Bill's ego wouldn't let him admit that his flawed defensive philosophy just flat out wasn't built for the playoffs. He deserves most of the blame IMO for our playoff failures. We were a regular season wonder with good weather and a dome but get us outside maybe in nasty weather where the passing game is neutralized more and we were doomed. I saw it year after year and we would have no SB's with Manning if the defense hadn't miraculously turned around for a playoff run that year. It will be a great thing if we finally get a good defense in Indy. I can't wait.

What do you mean 'finally?' We had a pretty stout defense in the mid-90s with Coryatt and Bennett at LB and Siragusa and Ellis Johnson on the defensive line. I mean, they weren't the best but they were at least competent...save for a Coryatt drop that would have secured us a trip to the Super Bowl despite Kordell Stewart stepped out of the back of the endzone and came back in DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE BACK JUDGE to catch the TD that put the Steelers in the lead.

Can you tell that I'm still bitter?

Maybe he did not want to completely retire but take on something with less pressure. Dungy retired but he now works fo ESPN.

That's true but Dungy is a lot younger. I guess I just thought he would play more golf or something

He's gone. I don't like it and do believe they could get back to the SB with him but he's gone and isn't coming back. They both want him to be a Colts but don't believe that it's in either of their best interests. They didn't tear up because this is how they wanted it to end. They teared up because they think this is what they have to do. They don't believe the Colts are going back to the SB in the few years Peyton has remaining, and they don't think it would be fair to Luck to make him sit if they aren't, IMO. Peyton wants to be a Colt, Irsay wants him to be a Colts, but neither believes it's in the best interest for anyone involved. If they thought together they were returning to the SB they would be together.

Do you have any proof that is what they believe? I still don't understand how you don't think Peyton doesn't think the colts can win a Super Bowl with him... he's already been to a Super Bowl with a lot of the guys on the roster. Add in trading the #1 pick and you have a pretty talented roster, maybe add a couple of cost effective free agents. Peyton wants to play for the colts. If it was his decision, he would be on the colts right now.

That's true but Dungy is a lot younger. I guess I just thought he would play more golf or something

I don't know about in season how it will be with Polian, but his interview last night looked like it was setup at a resort/beach/pool area. For the majority of his TV/Radio work they will likely set up a ISDN connection in his office at home with a camera/microphone where he hits a button and talks to a producer. He's likely earning some pretty pennies and still talking the game of football and I'm sure he's on the golf course more than he would be if he were the GM of Team X.

Now if they have him on their set during the season then that would involve some traveling.

What do you mean 'finally?' We had a pretty stout defense in the mid-90s with Coryatt and Bennett at LB and Siragusa and Ellis Johnson on the defensive line. I mean, they weren't the best but they were at least competent...save for a Coryatt drop that would have secured us a trip to the Super Bowl despite Kordell Stewart stepped out of the back of the endzone and came back in DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE BACK JUDGE to catch the TD that put the Steelers in the lead.

Got a point there but that wasn't during the Manning era. The FO let Manning down throughout his tenure by never making adjustments on Defense. That built to play with a lead stuff is a bunch of crap.

Really... blame Bill Polian? That's really dumb...

How exactly is Jim Irsay putting the pieces back together? That would be true if by next week he resigns Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday, Pierre Garcon, and the other guys. He hasn't yet so the pieces are spread out everywhere right now.

Well lets see.. With the exception of 2 or 3 players we have a crap Defense. We have a crap O line and if Saturday retires, we have an even more crap O line. If we keep Peyton we may be able to sign Saturday but have no cap room to do anything else for the next 2 years at least, so most likely we would have to let Mathis walk which make the D even more crap. Wayne is gone, Garson is most likely gone which makes our O even more crap. Peyton himself said that they both came to the same conclusion. Are you going to call Peyton a liar for saying what he said? Would you want to work under those types of circumstances? Would you want to work in a place where you are doing everything to keep things afloat? Seems like things are in pieces to me, and if you cant see that then that is your problem not mine.

And who was in control of player personnel? Polian! Irsay’s only mistake was trusting him to manage the business correctly.

So now I’m going to throw the ball back to your court. Why do you think my statement is dumb? You just blurted that out with nothing to back it up. And you think that he is going to rehire Peyton in a week? Really? Give me a reason why you think that will happen.

Convince me I’m wrong.

Well lets see.. With the exception of 2 or 3 players we have a crap Defense. We have a crap O line and if Saturday retires, we have an even more crap O line. If we keep Peyton we may be able to sign Saturday but have no cap room to do anything else for the next 2 years at least, so most likely we would have to let Mathis walk which make the D even more crap. Wayne is gone, Garson is most likely gone which makes our O even more crap. Peyton himself said that they both came to the same conclusion. Are you going to call Peyton a liar for saying what he said? Would you want to work under those types of circumstances? Would you want to work in a place where you are doing everything to keep things afloat? Seems like things are in pieces to me, and if you cant see that then that is your problem not mine.(and its picking up pieces meaning what is left, not trying to rebuild humpty dumpty)

And who was in control of player personnel? Polian! Irsay’s only mistake was trusting him to manage the business correctly.

So now I’m going to throw the ball back to your court. Why do you think my statement is dumb? You just blurted that out with nothing to back it up. And you think that he is going to rehire Peyton in a week? Really? Give me a reason why you think that will happen.

Convince me I’m wrong.

Well lets see.. With the exception of 2 or 3 players we have a crap Defense. We have a crap O line and if Saturday retires, we have an even more crap O line. If we keep Peyton we may be able to sign Saturday but have no cap room to do anything else for the next 2 years at least, so most likely we would have to let Mathis walk which make the D even more crap. Wayne is gone, Garson is most likely gone which makes our O even more crap. Peyton himself said that they both came to the same conclusion. Are you going to call Peyton a liar for saying what he said? Would you want to work under those types of circumstances? Would you want to work in a place where you are doing everything to keep things afloat? Seems like things are in pieces to me, and if you cant see that then that is your problem not mine.

Convince me I’m wrong.

Our crap defense is 2-3 players from becoming a good defense. Our O-line is 1 OG from becoming a pretty good O-line if we resign Jeff Saturday which we would do if we brought Peyton Manning back. We have more cap space than you say, we can resign guys like Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Jeff Saturday, and are other key free agents. We can probably give Dwight Freeney an extension to get more cap space. We could also probably be able to restructure Dallas Clark to free up more cap space. We already resigned Robert Mathis to a pretty good deal. What do you expect Peyton to say? I think Jim Irsay is wrong and I should play for the colts next season and we should trade the #1 draft pick? That would just cause more drama which Peyton doesn't like to do.

I don't think the colts are dumb enough, disrespectful enough, and unloyal enough to not resign Peyton Manning, but we'll see.

Do you have any proof that is what they believe? I still don't understand how you don't think Peyton doesn't think the colts can win a Super Bowl with him... he's already been to a Super Bowl with a lot of the guys on the roster. Add in trading the #1 pick and you have a pretty talented roster, maybe add a couple of cost effective free agents. Peyton wants to play for the colts. If it was his decision, he would be on the colts right now.

Do I need to BOLD IMO? Why can't you believe what 2 men that stood in front of the entire sports world said? They made the decision together based on the circumstances. Believing the decision was all Irsay is just Manning bias and Irsay dislike. I have the guys rookie jersey autographed, displayed in a shadow box and mounted on my home office wall. He's never given me any reason to not take him at his word, and neither has Irsay frankly, so when they stand in front of millions of people with tears in their eyes telling us it was a tough decision they made together, I believe them. With that and the knowledge I get from following this team every single day from March 1984 to the present I gave, and duly noted, my opinion on what I wanted to deny to the last minute. He chose to leave the team in it's best long term interest, and now it's time to except it and move threads about a non Colts to the NFL general section of these forums.

Do I need to BOLD IMO? Why can't you believe what 2 men that stood in front of the entire sports world said? They made the decision together based on the circumstances. Believing the decision was all Irsay is just Manning bias and Irsay dislike. I have the guys rookie jersey autographed, displayed in a shadow box and mounted on my home office wall. He's never given me any reason to not take him at his word, and neither has Irsay frankly, so when they stand in front of millions of people with tears in their eyes telling us it was a tough decision they made together, I believe them. With that and the knowledge I get from following this team every single day from March 1984 to the present I gave, and duly noted, my opinion on what I wanted to deny to the last minute. He chose to leave the team in it's best long term interest, and now it's time to except it and move threads about a non Colts to the NFL general section of these forums.

You actually believe that Manning doesn't want to play for the colts if he had the choice all to himself?

Plenty of blame to go around. Blame both Irsay and Peyton for not believing this team could get to the Super Bowl again. Blame everyone involved at Peyton's last contract negotiations. Blame Dungy for taking advantage of Irsay's loyalty and asking him to hire Caldwell. Blame Greg Williams for encouraging his teams to take players out. Blame the doctors for poor management and timing in regards to Peyton's surgeries. Blame the lockout for the salary cap not increasing much more this year. I hope Mr. Irsay, Grigson and Pagano get it right when they place blame so it doesn't happen again with their new "franchise" player.

Yep.......

and we did this without Marshall Faulk :number1: