Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tackles getting abused

JMichael557

2 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Go watch the Stampede Article on Nelson's pass blocking. Forget looking a Nelson and Look at our Tackles. They are getting abused. That will tell you why we cannot throw downfield. 

When Good came in for Haeg, He improved our RT last week.  Hopefully Good can stay healthy, He's got Watt this week.  The LT is a scary position until A.C. gets back.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

IMO like i have said in other topics, to really have a downfield threat we have to get AC back at tackle and get Turbin in the backfield to help block and give the receivers time to break on their routes and get space. But this is just what i see

I agree about AC but I will say that the pass blocking of both Hines and Wilkins has been a pleasant surprise.  They are both much better at it than I expected.

2 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

Go watch the Stampede Article on Nelson's pass blocking. Forget looking a Nelson and Look at our Tackles. They are getting abused. That will tell you why we cannot throw downfield. 

Abused?

The zcoktColts gave allowed the 7th fewest sacks in the NFL.   25 other teams have allowed more.    And we’re throwing the ball a lot.

Nit saying the situation is great.   Only that “abused” is probably not the right word.    Especially for back-ups.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

What did it say about Nelson's pass blocking?

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Abused?

The zcoktColts gave allowed the 7th fewest sacks in the NFL.   25 other teams have allowed more.    And we’re throwing the ball a lot.

Nit saying the situation is great.   Only that “abused” is probably not the right word.    Especially for back-ups.

But Luck is in the top 10 in QB's that get hit.  Not just pressured.  And the majority of those are from the Tackles.  With Good back, and hopefully wearing a body brace to prevent injury, and A.C. coming back soon, hopefully those go down also.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What did it say about Nelson's pass blocking?

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/9/27/17907756/film-room-quenton-nelson-vs-philadelphia-eagles-pass-blocking

I give you the link so you can read yourself. But basically, as it has said all year so far, "Nelson has had rookie mistakes from the snap, but has great ability to recover."