Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Future of the Team With Luck [Merge]

SilentHill

The future is bright. Let's not forget how big of an impact a solid draft can have. And picking at the top of each round is going to be a huge bonus for us. Make some good draft picks and bring in the right free agents and Luck will be surrounded by plenty of talent in a couple of years. The future is bright, my friends

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Polian was just on ESPN (for the 100th time today) and had really interesting things to say about quickly he thinks the Colts will recover. Cap issues only in 2012, great cap space in coming years, at least 10 picks this draft after the comp picks are handed out, and some building blocks alreay here. Luck wants to play in the NFL, he will go to the city that picks him. And that $20 million dollars or so in the first year, plus other endorsement deal dollars, and start from day one, will probably be just about enough to convince him, and make a couple of tough stretches early in his career seem ok.

Rookies really shouldn't get to pick and choose where to go. The NFL draft is set up so that bad teams have a chance to become good.

Anyway for rookie QBs, its kind of a honor to know that a team will built around you. Did Manning mind that he was drafted by a crappy team? No he actually wanted it.

OK, I am over the whole "why get rid of Peyton." Why would he want to come to a team that is going to lose. Its not like the 49ers and Greenbay. They had a solid base. It is looking like we will not have a solid base.

why wouldn't you want a chance to turn the team around? what was the team's record during Peyton's rookie season? remind me again? oh yeah....

I'm definatley excited to have Andrew Luck coming in with a new GM, and a new coaching staff. This team has a better foundation that it has ever had before. I look forward to many winning seasons with Grigson, Pagano, and Luck. This spring will surely be interesting, I can't wait to see who we supplement with in the draft, what kind of FA talent we bring in and how quickly a working offense can be put into place with Luck. All in all the future looks very bright.

Go Colts! Lets get into the record books for winning a SB with a Rookie QB, GM and Head Coach!

Finally a thread thats worth reading.

and I totally agree

GO COLTS!

The future is bright. Let's not forget how big of an impact a solid draft can have. And picking at the top of each round is going to be a huge bonus for us. Make some good draft picks and bring in the right free agents and Luck will be surrounded by plenty of talent in a couple of years. The future is bright, my friends

same thing could have been said about our old QB

One thing we'll have to know: he's not going to be a great player over night. He'll make many mistakes, especially in his rookie season. We'll all need to learn to be patient with him. Give him time to grow as a player and QB. Remember: Peyton went 3-13 in his rookie season.

We will draft Luck and probably suck next year...and I will be happy that we will have high draft picks again to get him some nice young receivers to grow with and with which to continue building up our defense. That is the rebuilding process in action. It will take about 3 years before this all really starts to bear fruit. Keep your expectations sane.

same thing could have been said about our old QB

True, but then you get into salary cap issues with the two QBs. And we are in a rebuilding mode; we won't be Super Bowl contenders for another few years. We will rebuild here while Peyton goes out and tries to win Super Bowls with another team because he has a much better chance of winning with another team than he does here

He's a kid who wants to start right away, and you heard Luck in one of his interviews, he would like to come to Indy if Manning is there or not. His mentor is Peyton, so I would think he would want to come to Indy and succeed his favourite player. It's going to be tough to fill those shoes, but from what I've seen, he seems up to it.

First of all, I will always be a fan of Peyton Manning, he is a hero of mine and has played for my team since I can remember(I'm 20 now) but this is what is best. I believe the decision was mutual and that Peyton and Irsay both sincerely wish things went differently, but it's just not how it went. This is the NFL, decisions are made for business and what is best for the organization as a whole. I had some tears during the press conference today, especially when he looked in the camera and told us all how he was "honored" to play for the Colts, classy. I think a lot of us feel we lost a family member today, but times have to come to an end, whether it's now or it's when he retires we would have to say goodbye. A lot of star QBs leave their teams but will always be remembered for their majority/prime years, and Peyton Manning will always be a Colt, but look at Montana, Favre, Namath, Unitas, and even Archie, they all went through the same.

This decision was not about the money, well not exactly. There were few outcomes to this situation. Peyton stays and plays as a Colt for the rest of his career and we trade first pick for a plethora of picks(What if he didn't come back, or wasn't the same Laser Rocket Arm), Peyton Stays and we draft Luck and spend 30% of our cap on QBs alone(and if Peyton didn't perform like he used to...would fans start chanting for Luck to come in? Do you want to see that?) or what did/will happen is we release Peyton, and pick Luck with first pick and continue our complete rebuild of the franchise. This also gives Peyton the best chance to win a super bowl, though I believe he could win one with any team in the NFL(well maybe not the Rams or Vikings lol). I also believe Peyton did not want a rookie qb sitting behind him, salivating over their chance to finally play and I believe Irsay didn't want to pass on one of the best qb prospects to come in more than a decade or look like he made this decision based purely on emotions.

Our organization will look completely new next year and we have a very exciting offseason ahead of us. Embrace the future, don't hold onto the past thinking "What if"s. I cannot wait for the draft/next season and see our new defense(bye bye Tampa 2) and our new offensive leader.

This is a sad day, but also a happy one no matter how cliche that sounds. It's the end of one Era and the beginning of the other. I'm excited about the future and see great things with our new QB at lead. We will see a completely new and fresh Colts team next year and we will continue to get better, I just hope fans are patient and don't expect perfection out of Luck on day 1. I expect our fans, being the classiest in the NFL to welcome Luck to Indy and start looking for that :lombardi: again soon.

GO :coltslogo: (and Peyton, just not when he's playing against the Colts :P)

True, but then you get into salary cap issues with the two QBs. And we are in a rebuilding mode; we won't be Super Bowl contenders for another few years. We will rebuild here while Peyton goes out and tries to win Super Bowls with another team because he has a much better chance of winning with another team than he does here

again his chances of winning with another team makes sense, but previously, we were never contenders, even with our 17 IR players we were not a superbowl team, the fact we have 1stpick in every round and was not used to the best ability to put the best team immediately short term and long term

is irritating

again his chances of winning with another team makes sense, but previously, we were never contenders, even with our 17 IR players we were not a superbowl team, the fact we have 1stpick in every round and was not used to the best ability to put the best team immediately short term and long term

is irritating

You can't guarantee that those players will be successful in the system your coaches want to run or in the NFL at all. On the other hand, if he goes to a proven team like San Fran, where they have proven they have a good defense and good running game, he knows exactly what he is getting himself into

I think he will come to Indy. we have a new offesnive coordinator who plans to inject a power run game with over the top play action. we have a new DC who runs an aggressive 34/43 hybrid scheme. we r going to get bigger on defense instead to trotting out undersized players.

I expect our fans, being the classiest in the NFL to welcome Luck to Indy and start looking for that :lombardi: again soon.

GO :coltslogo: (and Peyton, just not when he's playing against the Colts :P)

If you are correct in the assumption that our fans are the classiest in the NFL, I expect them to burn these shirts before the Colts draft Luck:

post-2422-0-82720500-1328563389_thumb.jpg

If you are correct in the assumption that our fans are the classiest in the NFL, I expect them to burn these shirts before the Colts draft Luck:

yeah I can't really see your picture or what it says. Have a bigger one?

That shirt needs to be banned in Indianapolis...(NOT THE JERSEY, The shirt next to it that says "Who needs Luck when you got Manning?") I'm saying it should be banned because it's already putting down our future QB. I have Luck's back 100%, Go Colts!

The shirt says "Who needs Luck when we have Manning"

Tell me exactly how that is classy? Yes Luck is more than likely coming here, I understand that, but expecting people to burn their stuff or throw their opnion aside like that is wrong. I will continue to support the colts, but will also to continue to support manning. I wouldn't expect less from anyother Colts fan. That is class.

Tell me exactly how that is classy? Yes Luck is more than likely coming here, I understand that, but expecting people to burn their stuff or throw their opnion aside like that is wrong. I will continue to support the colts, but will also to continue to support manning. I wouldn't expect less from anyother Colts fan. That is class.

Let me put it this way....it is not classy for Colts fans to wear a shirt that openly disrespects a draft prospect that the Colts will likely pick in the draft. It does not show that welcoming attitude that a team's fans are expected to have for a draft candidate that the team wants to draft.

Let me put it this way....it is not classy for Colts fans to wear a shirt that openly disrespects a draft prospect that the Colts will likely pick in the draft. It does not show that welcoming attitude that a team's fans are expected to have for a draft candidate that the team wants to draft.

Well i don't think it was classy of all the people on here talking trash about PM for the last several months. i dont think it was classy of these fans that openly bashed him or called for his relese to act like they are surprised or upset over the fact. I dont think it is classy for people to ask others to give up their freedom of speech becuase they dont think that its right.I hope that Luck suceeds for himself and this team. I really do. Go Colts Go PM.

A better foundation than ever before? Are you * kiddingme. We had polian a proven stud at building teams. We had dungy. A coach that took the once laughable bucs to beast mode. We had pwyton manning. The greateat of all time. Now we have a scout as a gm. A hc whose experience consists of one yr as a dc. And we dont have a qb yet. But of course it will be the troll from stanford. Whose never taken a snap in the nfl. Wow the future looks very bright

Debby Downer.

Polian built the mess that got peyton evicted from LOS. That's all I have to say about that. Also Dungy was too soft. He was lucky to win one SB.

Well i don't think it was classy of all the people on here talking trash about PM for the last several months. i dont think it was classy of these fans that openly bashed him or called for his relese to act like they are surprised or upset over the fact. I dont think it is classy for people to ask others to give up their freedom of speech becuase they dont think that its right.I hope that Luck suceeds for himself and this team. I really do. Go Colts Go PM.

I don't think anyone was talking trash about PM on these forums.

I don't think anyone bashed PM on these forums.

I think many, including myself, saw that he would be released as part of the rebuilding that the team is undergoing.

I don't think any of us who saw PM's release are surprised over the fact.

I think many of us who saw PM's release were upset about it a long time ago, when we first saw it.

I think it is very correct and classy behavior to ask other fans not to disrespect a draft prospect that the team is going to potentially draft.

I don't think anyone was talking trash about PM on these forums.

I don't think anyone bashed PM on these forums.

I think many, including myself, saw that he would be released as part of the rebuilding that the team is undergoing.

I don't think any of us who saw PM's release are surprised over the fact.

I think many of us who saw PM's release were upset about it a long time ago, when we first saw it.

I think it is very correct and classy behavior to ask other fans not to disrespect a draft prospect that the team is going to potentially draft.

Thats enough, yes there was plenty on his own forum that bashed him. Dont make me sick.

Polian was just on ESPN (for the 100th time today) and had really interesting things to say about quickly he thinks the Colts will recover. Cap issues only in 2012, great cap space in coming years, at least 10 picks this draft after the comp picks are handed out, and some building blocks alreay here. Luck wants to play in the NFL, he will go to the city that picks him. And that $20 million dollars or so in the first year, plus other endorsement deal dollars, and start from day one, will probably be just about enough to convince him, and make a couple of tough stretches early in his career seem ok.

Thats good news if thats the case cap wise. If we can have a great amount of cap room for a change, we will have the ability to bring in a stud FA if we want. When was the last time we've had that kind of cap room? Been awhile Im sure.

taking out frustrations on luck is wrong, but not on Irsay:

His main reason for releasing PM was cap problems. He insisted to make PM the highest paid player in the league, and did not have the foresight to realize he would have cap problems in 2012 with or without a healthy PM. How in the *^%& could he not forsee this huge problem? Now i'm supposed to trust his judgement in the future? What a mess he has made.

I cried during todays press conference because I didn't like seeing Peyton Manning go. The kind of success we had for the last decade is unmatched and I will miss Peyton.

At the same time, I am very excited for the future. We are lucky enough to have the first overall pick and a very good QB prospect by the name of Andrew Luck who looks like a young Peyton Manning coming out of college.

It will probably be a few years before we get back to the playoffs because of such a mass overhaul of players probably. I don't see Wayne or Garcon coming back which will leave us with holes at the WR position but we can go after cheaper WRs like Braylon Edwards, Devin Aromashadu, Legedu Naanee, and also Stephen Hill from GT as a likely 2nd round pick.

Also our defense should be an improvement from last year and we will be a lot more aggressive than in years past. Again it will probably be a few years until they can reach their full potential but I am quite excited about what the defense could be.

sy

This was a sad day for Colts fans, it was the end of an era, but also the beginning of a new one.

very well said. We had to grow with Peyton when we drafted him for a few years. So we will have to with a new QB and defense scheme

Thats enough, yes there was plenty on his own forum that bashed him. Dont make me sick.

Last I looked, this is the Colts' fan forum, not the Peyton Manning's fan forum.

The Cotls was Peyton.

No, Peyton was a member of the Indianapolis Colts football team.

The Indianapolis Colts are not the Indianapolis Peytons.

The Colts existed before Peyton, and will exist long after Peyton retires.

As far as the future with Andrew Luck, we should have some building blocks around him...

Potential OTs in Costanzo and Ijalana

Drake Nevis

Pat Angerer

Antoine Bethea(still young)

Robert Mathis(still will give us 4 good years)

wow, thats a straw house. Looks like from your list though,t hat our defense needs to carry us for the next few seasons

Last I looked, this is the Colts' fan forum, not the Peyton Manning's fan forum.

We will see how long its considered a franchises.

do some stats about the colts with peyton and without peyton since being in Indy. Yes, the colts were an NFL team in indianapolis, but it ends there. A whopping .300 winning % until Manning arrived. We could easily go back if we aren't careful.

you won't be on here in 3 years on a daily basis if the colts aren't winning, Peyton made football in Indiana relevant

do some stats about the colts with peyton and without peyton since being in Indy. Yes, the colts were an NFL team in indianapolis, but it ends there. A whopping .300 winning % until Manning arrived. We could easily go back if we aren't careful.

I am not taking anything away from what Peyton has accomplished with the Colts. He has earned his reputation as an elite QB in this league.

However, to attempt to frame this team as not existing, or will not exist, without him is just ludicrous.