Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bridgewater to NO

PrincetonTiger

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I went off the Tom Peliserro(sp?) tweet

I can't seem to embed tweets here but here are the links. 

From Schefty:

"Jets informed Teddy Bridgewater that he was being traded to New Orleans this afternoon, before the team left for Thursday’s preseason finale in Philadelphia; Bridgewater then stepped on to the Jets’ bus to say goodbye to his summer teammates."

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1034887876922822656?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

From Albert Breer:

"Pretty cool move by new Saints QB Teddy Bridgewater: Found out he was being traded, went to the bus to make sure he said good bye to all his Jets teammates before the team took off for Philly for the fourth preseason game."

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1034878100222427136?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I can't seem to embed tweets here but here are the links. 

From Schefty:

"Jets informed Teddy Bridgewater that he was being traded to New Orleans this afternoon, before the team left for Thursday’s preseason finale in Philadelphia; Bridgewater then stepped on to the Jets’ bus to say goodbye to his summer teammates."

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1034887876922822656?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

From Albert Breer:

"Pretty cool move by new Saints QB Teddy Bridgewater: Found out he was being traded, went to the bus to make sure he said good bye to all his Jets teammates before the team took off for Philly for the fourth preseason game."

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1034878100222427136?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I agree that is what is being said now...but PT isn’t wrong either. I was watching NFL Network when it came across and they did make it sound like he was on the bus. They were even joking around about him having to get an Uber to New Orleans. Obviously it’s been cleared up now and is understood that he wasn’t on the bus. 

I’ll step away now.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I agree that is what is being said now...but PT isn’t wrong either. I was watching NFL Network when it came across and they did make it sound like he was on the bus. They were even joking around about him having to get an Uber to New Orleans. Obviously it’s been cleared up now and is understood that he wasn’t on the bus. 

I’ll step away now.

I know. I had read Tom Pelissero's tweets. But when something seems like it may not be accurate, I try to read more about it to see if it is true. Other reporters clarified what happened. I wanted to make sure I shared that. That's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Huh? He will be in the best situation he will learn from a HOF QB and then take over a team with some great young weapons on offense

Being traded to sit says it all. N.O. gave a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater AND a 6th round pick. Brees can play on for how many more years? Bridgewater gets a one year deal. Then what & where? Recall the conversations when Bridgewater was drafted. He is done, a lifelong backup at best. 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Being traded to sit says it all. N.O. gave a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater AND a 6th round pick. Brees can play on for how many more years? Bridgewater gets a one year deal. Then what & where? Recall the conversations when Bridgewater was drafted. He is done, a lifelong backup at best. 

Lol what a stupid thought process I wouldn't expect anything else from you tho haha

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Being a Career Backup got Kubiak a lucrative Coaching Career

On 8/30/2018 at 9:21 AM, King Colt said:

What if... the Saints like what they see in TB and over him an escalating contract, say 7 million in 2019 to backup once more, then 19 million for 2020, and 22 million for 2021?  Guarantee 10 million?  Something even more creative? Allows TB to grow into DB’s spot, and lucrative enough to keep him from jumping out to F.A.

Dudes not done, he‘s just begun resurrecting his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

What if... the Saints like what they see in TB and over him an escalating contract, say 7 million in 2019 to backup once more, then 19 million for 2020, and 22 million for 2021?  Guarantee 10 million?  Something even more creative? Allows TB to grow into DB’s spot, and lucrative enough to keep him form jumping out to F.A.

Dude snot done, he‘Ss just begun resurrecting his career.

His original 1 year deal was a prove it

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

His original 1 year deal was a prove it

So now in N.O. It’s a backup prove it deal?  How can he mess that up? If  Saints like what they see in practice (and why not, he was by accounts from respected people the best of the 3 QB’s in Jets camp this year) they could and should offer an escalating contract to keep him on board as Brees winds down his career, IMHO.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So now in N.O. It’s a backup prove it deal?  How can he mess that up? If  Saints like what they see in practice (and why not, he was by accounts from respected people the best of the 3 QB’s in Jets camp this year) they could and should offer an escalating contract to keep him on board as Brees winds down his career, IMHO.

Agreed

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Nonsense,   again

• Like 2

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

He's 25.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Lol what a stupid thought process I wouldn't expect anything else from you tho haha

Reading your response gives me great comfort. He gets on a bus because of a rookie getting the job and now he goes to a team that will provide a place on the bench for him all year long. Yes, a truly stellar career. 

On 8/29/2018 at 5:37 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Huh? He will be in the best situation he will learn from a HOF QB and then take over a team with some great young weapons on offense

Being traded because of a QB that has never taken a snap in an NFL game says it all.

52 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Being traded because of a QB that has never taken a snap in an NFL game says it all.

I beg to differ. You leave out pertinent data to come to erroneous conclusions.  Let's do it this way-

You have two QB's taken in the first round on the roster.  One needs to go. Which one do you keep?

Player drafted #3 overall, just beginning rookie deal for 4 years w/ 5th year option, no injuries

or

Player drafted #31 overall, rookie contract expired and on a 1 year deal, coming off one of the most major knee injuries one can experience?

Throwing, film study, knowing coverages, NFL experience etc. all lean TB's way right now. New Orleans gets the luxury to determine if TB is going to be in their long term plans when a transition from Drew Brees is imminent.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I beg to differ. You leave out pertinent data to come to erroneous conclusions.  Let's do it this way-

You have two QB's taken in the first round on the roster.  One needs to go. Which one do you keep?

Player drafted #3 overall, just beginning rookie deal for 4 years w/ 5th year option, no injuries

or

Player drafted #31 overall, rookie contract expired and on a 1 year deal, coming off one of the most major knee injuries one can experience?

Throwing, film study, knowing coverages, NFL experience etc. all lean TB's way right now. New Orleans gets the luxury to determine if TB is going to be in their long term plans when a transition from Drew Brees is imminent.

Well said, as usual. I do hope Teddy does resurrect his career and starts somewhere in the NFL. I don't like that it is with the Saints but that is a good situation for him.

• Thanks 1