Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/14/2018

TKnight24

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Maybe my eyes were deceiving me but it did seem like Clark played alright against the Seahawks.  He seemed to move a little better to me.

Clark moves his feet relatively well, but IMO he has serious issues with bull rushes and anything requiring him to show strength in holding pass protection. In preseason when noone prepares for specific matchups he might work well, but once the scouting reports are in for the games that matter he will get bullied.  

8 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I've never been a fan of the “chicken little” call out posts. If thinking this defense is going to be bad is having a chicken little moment, so be it. Me? I prefer having an opinion and voicing it, otherwise what are these forums for?

Well....

Let me try to be diplomatic and say,  that while we are entitled to our own opinons,  let's just say that not all opinons are created equal.    All anyone has to do is read a few threads and you can start to figure out who has a well reasoned, well thought out,  well expressed viewpoint....   and who.....................   Doesn't.

And yes,  that's comes with internet fan message boards.....

• Like 3

8 hours ago, #12. said:

Unless Turay and Leonard are studs from day one and Hooker stays healthy and plays like a top-10 pick, I'm afraid it is going to be painful to watch.

Teams,  espcially young teams learning a new system,  tend to get better over the course of a season.      Keep watching.....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm pretty sure that's being done with tongue in cheek.     A joke among media members....

Yeah I am sure I saw Holder quote tweet with "Chappell's got jokes" or something along those lines.  Just a bit of banter.

• Like 1

I’m not overly concerned: Geathers, Hooker,Turay and Lewis (if healthy) could help. Not only because of their talent but they could make those around them better.

It does take time to gel, but history has shown teams can make dramatic improvements in a year. They may not be a top ten defense this year but if the offense can be top ten, a middle of the pack defense can get them to the playoffs this year.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....

Let me try to be diplomatic and say,  that while we are entitled to our own opinons,  let's just say that not all opinons are created equal.    All anyone has to do is read a few threads and you can start to figure out who has a well reasoned, well thought out,  well expressed viewpoint....   and who.....................   Doesn't.

And yes,  that's comes with internet fan message boards.....

Some are more equal than others, eh NewColtsFan?

Just kidding, I figured you'd get the reference.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:40 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Teams,  espcially young teams learning a new system,  tend to get better over the course of a season.      Keep watching.....

I'm having a hard time watching people talk about how painful this defense will be to watch. They will absolutely get better every week, and we might see some really exciting and promising players come on over the course. This new scheme could make for some big defensive plays, and that is something this franchise hasn't had much of lately. 

• Like 1