Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Browns can announce who they're taking

oldunclemark

They don't have to wait until the draft week....

Consider:

1.) Cleveland has made up their mind who they're going to pick, right>

They've interviewed all the top players..They saw the combine...They've investigated everybody. They've had months.

I would hate to think that they dont know who they want at this point.

2.) They can declare the '4' up fro sale....with the common knowledge that one guy is off the board.

That would heat up interest.

3.)..and finally, they can change their mind depending on the feedback they get from other teams.

...in any draft scenario they plan...nothing stops the Browns from announcing who the No,.1 pick is

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Consider:

They've interviewed all the top players..They saw the combine...They've investigated everybody. They've had months.

2.) They can declare the '4' up fro sale....with the common knowledge that one guy is off the board.

3.)..and finally, they can change their mind depending on the feedback they get from other teams.

...in any draft scenario they plan...nothing stops the Browns from announcing who the No,.1 pick is

Yes they can pick and announce any player they want to before the draft.

But why would they want to?

You can bet the ones who hold the draft would prefer them not to. Kind of cuts down on the drama of waiting to see who the #1 pick is on draft day.

Really all it would do is give the media more crap to fed us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

To increase the value of their pick, but since it's all just posturing until the draft, it's all smoke and mirrors anyways.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You can bet the ones who hold the draft would prefer them not to. Kind of cuts down on the drama of waiting to see who the #1 pick is on draft day.

Really all it would do is give the media more crap to fed us.

True, but they can also mess with the minds of all the other top drafting teams....

..and perhaps solidfiy the other two picks ahead of the '4' pick which they also own.

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True, but they can also mess with the minds of all the other top drafting teams....

..and perhaps solidfiy the other two picks ahead of the '4' pick which they also own.

It would only mess with the minds of those who let it.

Any good GM would have all the scenarios covered. They have no control till their turn so I doubt they worry about that much. They make their big board and adjust as the picks are made.

I am sure some have a pretty good idea who the picks are going to be just through the grapevines.

Just my take on it.

The media makes a bigger issue over it than the GMs do.

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Consider:

Even we didn't say we were taking luck until draft night when we actually made the move so it doesn't matter who they say they might get. None of us will know til draft time.

28 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It would only mess with the minds of those who let it.

Any good GM would have all the scenarios covered. They have no control till their turn so I doubt they worry about that much. They make their big board and adjust as the picks are made.

I am sure some have a pretty good idea who the picks are going to be just through the grapevines.

Just my take on it.

The media makes a bigger issue over it than the GMs do.

I disagree with you............They don't have much more of an idea on who's taking who than we do.

That's why teams interview and contact 100 players before the draft when they can only take 7

Denver has had private interviews with the top 4 QBs and has been to the 'Pro Days' of all 4....

They've also had private interviews with Chubb, Nelson and Barkley

..and they can only draft one

They're doing it just so they can have future into on everybody and so the other teams wont know where they're going at '5'

I think the Biowns can raise the value of the '4' if they cane spark a trade at '3'

......that would be the definition of 'messing with minds'

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I disagree with you............They don't have much more of an idea on who's taking who than we do.

That's why teams interview and contact 100 players before the draft when they can only take 7

Denver has had private interviews with the top 4 QBs and has been to the 'Pro Days' of all 4....

They've also had private interviews with Chubb, Nelson and Barkley

..and they can only draft one

They're doing it just so they can have future into on everybody and so the other teams wont know where they're going at '5'

I think the Biowns can raise the value of the '4' if they cane spark a trade at '3'

......that would be the definition of 'messing with minds'

This is one we will just have to disagree on.

I just don't think GMs worry about what other GMs are doing as much as the media claims they do. It just makes for more drama. The fans are the ones who feed into it more than the GMs do IMO. 

Take Ballard just for example- He will take all calls to accept, deny or negotiate trades but will in the meantime build his board. He will cover any scenario to be prepared. When something comes up he will have his allotted time to figure out what direction to go depending on his board.

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

As others have said, why provide info to your opponents? 

Inversely, if I am one of the other 31 teams, I would view such action.info (by the Browns) as "highly skeptical"

teams with the first pick do announce it sometimes.  especially if its going to be a qb, then they can start talking to them a little early.  (colts did this with andrew luck)

browns also have the 4th though, so that changes things a little.  they may not want to say much this year