Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too many variables to speculate

We have seen so many different opinions about the draft that it is mind boggling. I just hope that just everyone that is truly a Colts fan realizes that we can have different opinions but in the end we have to trust our owner, GM & coach to decide our future. Don't get so caught up in what YOU want to happen & realize that  as a fan we have to rely on them to make the choice for our team. The theme that I am trying to get across is If you think your an expert on what we should do, you should send you resume to the NFL and stop whining if you don't  get the picks you think we should have. I truly believe that as Colts fans we can have this in common.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

We have seen so many different opinions about the draft that it is mind boggling. I just hope that just everyone that is truly a Colts fan realizes that we can have different opinions but in the end we have to trust our owner, GM & coach to decide our future. Don't get so caught up in what YOU want to happen & realize that  as a fan we have to rely on them to make the choice for our team. The theme that I am trying to get across is If you think your an expert on what we should do, you should send you resume to the NFL and stop whining if you don't  get the picks you think we should have. I truly believe that as Colts fans we can have this in common.  

.animated_1522548707674.gif

17 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I agree regarding the "whining." There are ways to voice an opinion without whining.

But I don't really understand the line of thinking that we just have to trust the people in charge. This is the same thing people said about Grigs and Pagano...and they were so bad.

I like Ballard, and I am excited about Reich, but I don't have blind trust in any one. So far they haven't done anything to lose my trust, but they haven't really gained it either (it's still very early for that). All I can is hope that they make the right choices, which I do, but that's about it. 

After all this is a fan forum...not a cheerleading section. I spend time here because I am passionate about the Colts and have strong opinions about the team, which I enjoy voicing. I imagine many here are the same...otherwise they would invest their time and energy else where. But most of all, I want to discuss those opinions with people who agree and especially with people who don't...because the discussion is the best part. 

If they don't pick a player I like, or if they pick a player I don't like, I will still have an opinion on it...as will several others. This place would be very boring if that wasn't the case.

I think people have to learn not to zero in on exactly what they want to happen and be ready for everything. The popular opinion is that we’re going to trade down with the Bills and have a whole bunch of picks like those fantasy draft games everyone loves. Some people are dead set on taking Nelson no matter what. Some are acting like it’s a 100% certainty that Chubb will be gone. And this is how the whining that the OP references starts. People getting locked in on what they believe will happen and what they want to happen, and not being able to accept when their preferable picks are there but the GM goes in a different way.

I understood why after awhile people did this with Grigson, because his draft strategy was awful and was about more than just missing on players. But Ballard hasn’t earned that type of criticism yet. His first draft was solid. So far it looks like it’s yielded 3 starters in Hooker, Wilson, and Hairston. For any draft that’s good. I’m trusting Ballard to make the right decisions. As a mock draft guy I’ll still have preferences for certain players, but I try and look at it from a perspective of what I think Ballard will do, and not what I want him to do.

• Like 3

There's always a couple curveballs during the draft. Each team views players differently and the draft will show that. Just like how Malik Hooker fell to us last year. Many people automatically assumed he would have been gone before our pick so he was never mocked to us. You're correct though. Being a fan, we're just fans. We're in it for the ride and entertainment, nothing more. Try not to be zeroed in one particular player. Have an open mind because draft day is what really matters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I generally agree with the OP.  Even though this is a forum and a place to voice our own opinions, I would hope that no matter who they pick, even if it's not a player I covet, they can help the 'Shoe.  And in the end, isn't that what we all want?

• Thanks 1