Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Hall of Quotes

Four2itus

Yes, it's that time of year when sports analysts, writers, and bloggers say some incredible things. Here is where we can write them down for some laughs (perhaps) or perhaps admiration...later. 

I'll start with Elliot Harrison's current rankings after the popular part of FA is over. 

"

RANK

IND.png

COLTS

Someone -- or some team -- must be last. With the Colts making virtually no moves in free agency,Andrew Luck yet to air it out and Indy losing a few folks (like linebacker Jon Bostic, corner Rashaan Melvin and wideout Donte Moncrief), Chris Ballard wants to build from the ground up. The oldColts/Packers/ Steelers method of "draft and develop." Can't blame the Colts GM for that. With Luck still grounded and a pretty barren roster, the draft will be like an Etch A Sketch for Indy. Edge rusher at sixth overall? Bucky Brooks says yes. But what if the Browns trade out of the cleanup spot to a team in need of a quarterback and Saquon Barkley is still sitting there?

Seahawks roster is definitely worse than the Colts, offensive line definitely worse than the Colts..... but whatever. Not really worth digging into. This thread will go on forever cause every major analyst except Peter Schrager (spellcheck) swears the Colts are so horrible 

A team that lead at halftime in multiple games isn’t as bad as folks make it seem. Luck comes back healthy, gonna be a dangerous team

Everyone has an opinion.  The interesting thing is how wrong they usually are.  I'm not trying to say all these media people are stupid, but these things are impossible to predict.  It's impossible to predict how the Colts will do next year or where they will rank or anything like that.  There is still a lot of the offseason left to go, including the draft and more free agency.  These pieces are more for just giving people something to think and talk about when there is no actual football going on

I'll take a shot -

"I would rather listen to fish flatulate than listen to these whale-sized egos attempt original thoughts on topics that have been devoid of life for months."

Hopefully this quote passes the audition, if not I will shut up and just look forward to the draft.

FYI - I can read fish bubbles like tea leaves and they're saying "take Nelson and begin the team transformation to a tougher, grittier style of football".

I might be off by a bubble or two, but I'm thinking goodbye to the "finesse football" reputation we seem to have nationally.  

17 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Seahawks roster is definitely worse than the Colts, offensive line definitely worse than the Colts..... but whatever. Not really worth digging into. This thread will go on forever cause every major analyst except Peter Schrager (spellcheck) swears the Colts are so horrible 

A team that lead at halftime in multiple games isn’t as bad as folks make it seem. Luck comes back healthy, gonna be a dangerous team

I would say we are on par with the Seahawks. 

They are still a good team and have some young talent on defense. McDowell will be a monster.