Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steven A Smith on Luck and the Colts

coltsfeva

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

There are times when I like Steven A Smith and times when he comes off as an *.

Here’s the link:

Thoughts?

My take is that in these kind "reports" there usually must be one pessimistic and one optimistic voice. They might decided who is who 2 minutes before it began, by playing Rock–paper–scissors.

6 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah it’s hard to listen to him.  He comes off pretty derpy.

I learned a new word today. Derpy--Foolish or stupid. Thanks M-432.

What I don't like about Stephen A Smith is his tendency to raise his voice & blow people out of the room which never adds credibility to any argument. You just come across as a bully usually. 

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is what sells these days. The days of just reporting the news about sports have been long gone for quite a while now. We now have to be subject to argumentative reporting and the announcers personal opinions. We even have to listen to them making an issue over what shoes the players wear. It has become a joke.

Good point CC1. Too many shows in sports now revolve around 2 hosts 1 guy is the devil's advocate & the other 1 tows the company line. Reminds me of a CNN program called 'Crossfire.' After awhile, it evolved into name calling, belittling, & the end of polite discourse. Yes, the days of framing a logical, well reasoned point of view seems dead now for cheap ratings & social media hits or clicks. 

6 hours ago, King! said:

You should watch Jeff Saturday rip Steven A. Smith in an argument they get into over Andrew Luck. Saturday defends Luck of course and rips little Stevie a new one!

Jeff going toe to toe with Stephen A over our roster as well as Luck's health would fascinating to watch since Saturday knows how to remain calm, make sound points, & he doesn't get rattled easily. 

7 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Here’s the link:

He isn’t alone in his assessment of the Colts. There are many who would agree with him. But I wonder if the Colts are as bad (personnel-wise) as some say. 

Specifically the Oline: was it lack of talent, scheme (7 step drops) or Luck/Brissett holding the ball too long that accounted for all those sacks? If Mewhort and Kelly are healthy, and we get a player or two in FA/draft, AND we start to draw up quick-release plays, do you think Bond, Good and/or Clark could develop into solid players? 

If that happens and we get a pass rush and better LB play, I don’t see any reason why the Colts can’t make the playoffs in 2018.

Thoughts?

I can't stand his big mouth. 

this type of journalism is annoying af

its not hard to see whats wrong with this team, the offense and defense were both bad for obvious reasons.  fix the oline and get a pass rush and we will be in business. if we can do that next year, then add a few more pieces the year after we might be able to make a superbowl run before luck retires.  

we cant expect luck to play until hes 40, we owe it to him to get into win now mode soon 

On 2/21/2018 at 12:14 PM, coltsfeva said:

Here’s the link:

He isn’t alone in his assessment of the Colts. There are many who would agree with him. But I wonder if the Colts are as bad (personnel-wise) as some say. 

Specifically the Oline: was it lack of talent, scheme (7 step drops) or Luck/Brissett holding the ball too long that accounted for all those sacks? If Mewhort and Kelly are healthy, and we get a player or two in FA/draft, AND we start to draw up quick-release plays, do you think Bond, Good and/or Clark could develop into solid players? 

If that happens and we get a pass rush and better LB play, I don’t see any reason why the Colts can’t make the playoffs in 2018.

Thoughts?

Gotta say that there is nothing that Stephen A. Smith said there that I disagreed with.  Some of you all just don't like the man which is your perogative. But nothing he says about this situation was untrue.  The Colts do need to put protection and a run game around Luck.  Many here have demanded the same.  And until Luck gets back on the field and takes some hits, no one really knows how well his shoulder will hold up.  Nothing outrageous there either.

Now check out what Skip says and notice the difference.  This is an example of an absolute biased joke of an analysis.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Skip is an Andrew hater.

That's the difference...more than that Skip is a Colts hater because he is a Brady lover.

Steven A. has defended Luck against Skip on First Take (back in the day) on multiple occasions.  He is at least an objective voice on the issue.  So what...he was more critical in the clip that was posted in this thread.  A lot of Colts fans are very concerned still to be honest and have already said everything that Smith did in that clip.  Nothing he said was outrageous unlike Skip espousing that Luck's struggles are pay back for Deflategate.