Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saquon Barkley is a Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders Hybrid! You don't pass on that period!

Just now, Andrew Luck fan club said:

As good as college Bosa. So get outta here 

Well, you don’t draft prospects on stats. 

I'm not concerned about how good players are in college.

How many guys dominant in college and then flop in the NFL. A LOT.

Joey Bosa came in and showed he was worth being a top 10 pick.

Chubb didn't even get drafted yet.

You shouldn't pick a guy solely based on stats, but you know damn well these coaches, scouts, and GM's are looking at everything when it comes to drafting these kids.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Fan base might not have learned from the Manning days. But I’ll bet Irsay and Ballard know what wins championships. 

Free agency...85 million..get a proven guard and edge already developed..Draft the physical freak rb that'll give belichik nighmares..

Saquon is great, but not Barry Sanders, and definitely not Bo.  Chubb is safer and is at a position of greater need.  Best case scenario we trade down and get more picks.  I believe McDaniels can do damage with our current RBs and maybe draft one later (michel, johnson, adams, etc) the RB class is ridiculous 

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Free agency...85 million..get a proven guard and edge already debeloped..Draft the physical freak rb that'll give belichik nighmares..

There is the problem game changing pass rushing Edge players rarely hit FA. Don't see one this year do you? 

4 minutes ago, KING. said:

I'm not concerned about how good players are in college.

How many guys dominant in college and then flop in the NFL. A LOT.

Joey Bosa came in and showed he was worth being a top 10 pick.

Chubb didn't even get drafted yet.

You shouldn't pick a guy solely based on stats, but you know damn well these coaches, scouts, and GM's are looking at everything when it comes to drafting these kids.

If by everything, you mean the game film, sure. 

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Great players win championships 

How many AP win? What about LT? 

You NEED a good defense. 

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Free agency...85 million..get a proven guard and edge already developed..Draft the physical freak rb that'll give belichik nighmares..

Who’s the already developed EDGE? lol 

5 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Fan base might not have learned from the Manning days. But I’ll bet Irsay and Ballard know what wins championships. 

A lot of things win Championships. Circumstances win Championships for example. Take the Patriots out of the equation we probably have 3 or 4 more SB appearances. Defenses and Offenses win Championships. I just don't feel good passing on maybe once in a lifetime player at RB for a DE that may not even be as Good as Mario Williams or Clowney. Myles Garrett was touted as the best DE to come out of the Draft since Reggie White by the media. Dude only had 7 sacks and the Browns went 0-16. So if we Draft Barkley why bash it? 

3 minutes ago, akcolt said:

There is the problem game changing pass rushing Edge players rarely hit FA. Don't see one this year do you? 

I agree...if barkley aint there im taking chubb..i have no doubts about barkley though..Chubb is no guarantee. .Barkley IS

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of things win Championships. Circumstances win Championships for example. Take the Patriots out of the equation we probably have 3 or 4 more SB appearances. Defenses and Offenses win Championships. I just don't feel good passing on maybe once in a lifetime player at RB for a DE that may not even be as Good as Mario Williams or Clowney. Myles Garrett was touted as the best DE to come out of the Draft since Reggie White by the media. Dude only had 7 sacks and the Browns went 0-16. So if we Draft Barkley why bash it? 

Right? They don't get it? Baffles my mind...

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on now ... :facepalm: ... Don't go there ... It's a joke cliche at this point.

3 minutes ago, esmort said:

Come on now ... :facepalm: ... Don't go there ... It's a joke cliche at this point.

I think the guy has the potential to be a Great RB and end up Top 5 ever. I haven't said that about any RB since Barry Sanders got Drafted in 1989. I said the same about Eric Dickerson in 83 when he got Drafted. I don't throw around stuff loosely like this.

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Ansah and Lawrence

Not a big fan of Ansah. Lawrence would be awesome. But the chance of Lawrence hitting FA is slim to none, because Dallas knows how hard it is to get a pass rusher. Even with their little cap space, they’ll find a way to keep him. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The patriots have had great ranked defenses every year they’ve won. 

Saquon is not a generational talent. He is very talented yes, but I personally think Gurley and Zeke were better. 

How Myles Garret performed in Cleveland is irrelevant. He was raw anyways, drafted for his traits and potential.  7 sacks as a rookie isn’t bad though, I don’t think he started all 16 games. 

If we draft Barkley I won’t bash it, I’ll accept it. Like I said he’s really talented. But I’d rather have the great pass rusher. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Not a big fan of Ansah. Lawrence would be awesome. But the chance of Lawrence hitting FA is slim to none, because Dallas knows how hard it is to get a pass rusher. Even with their little cap space, they’ll find a way to keep him. 

Saquon is not a generational talent. He is very talented yes, but I personally think Gurley and Zeke were better. 

How Myles Garret performed in Cleveland is irrelevant. He was raw anyways, drafted for his traits and potential.  7 sacks as a rookie isn’t bad though, I don’t think he started all 16 games. 

If we draft Barkley I won’t bash it, I’ll accept it. Like I said he’s really talented. But I’d rather have the great pass rusher. 

When he starts putting on a show ill remember doubters on here...

What makes you think Chubb will be Great though. I have watched his film and to me he doesn't even look better than Clowney did in college. Clowney is Good but isn't a generational DE.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Last yr chubb wouldnt be top 10..No guarantee he will be great..If we go defense its Fitzpatrick for me..He is the truth. .High probability barkley is gone when we pick..

Defense seems like the obvious choice at #3 but the Colts NEED to add talent around Luck.

Because without Luck, the Colts can have all the Bradley Chubb's they want, but without Luck, the Colts have no chance at winning it all.

Give Luck some weapons and blocking, and I believe he can win a ring with an average defense.

Just now, jshipp23 said:

When he puts on a show and the Colts still lose like they did with Peyton and Edge because of our defense will you remember that too?

Or maybe we can remember that Tomlinson couldn't get the chargers there in his career year ... and we did after losing Edge ?

RBs don't drive this league.

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Lol I said he’s really talented so I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t want him at #3. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What makes you think Chubb will be Great though. I have watched his film and to me he doesn't even look better than Clowney did in college. Clowney is Good but isn't a generational DE.

Clowney is a monster, like top 3 at his position. Clowney and Myles Garret are in their own class. Joey Bosa is in a tier below, and where I have Chubb, which is still a great place to be. 

His agility at 6'4 1/2" and 275 lbs is pretty damn rare. Has strong hands. Good bend around the edge. The best pass rusher almost never lasts past the top 5. 

Just now, esmort said:

When he puts on a show and the Colts still lose like they did with Peyton and Edge because of our defense will you remember that too?

Or maybe we can remember that Tomlinson couldn't get the chargers there in his career year ... and we did after losing Edge ?

Who says that will happen? Maybe we can Draft Barkley and still build a solid Defense within the next 3 years. Like said earlier we would've won more SB's but the Pats were just better. We had the team to do it but ran into a Dynasty. Crap happens, we still won nearly 70% of our games and a SB.

1 minute ago, esmort said:

So is chubb that guy though? I think Barkley is...Ill go with sure thing..Chubb is a wildcard..

4 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Lol I said he’s really talented so I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t want him at #3. 

Clowney is a monster, like top 3 at his position. Clowney and Myles Garret are in their own class. Joey Bosa is in a tier below, and where I have Chubb, which is still a great place to be. 

His agility at 6'4 1/2" and 275 lbs is pretty damn rare. Has strong hands. Good bend around the edge. The best pass rusher almost never lasts past the top 5. 

Clowney is injury prone though and Bosa is Good but nowhere Great. Garrett didn't have a Great Rookie year so we will see. 7 Sacks and 0-16, just posting facts.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clowney is injury prone though and Bosa is Good but nowhere Great. Garrett didn't have a Great Rookie year so we will see. 7 Sacks and 0-16, just posting facts.

His injuries have nothing to do with his talent. Bosa is more than good. I already explained Garret, have no idea why the Cleveland browns going 0-16 is relevant. 

Just now, jshipp23 said:

He is actually #1 cb as well..lol..He is # 1 at both

No he’s not lol. He’s not Jalen Ramsey. 

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

So is chubb that guy though? I think Barkley is...Ill go with sure thing..Chubb is a wildcard..

I don't know if Chubb is that guy ... I am not banging the table for him .. I want to trade down ... but right now if we have to stay at #3 I would take Chubb before Barkley or Nelson. My opinion may change by draft day depending on FA, Senior Bowl, Combine, Luck, etc ... but I don't see anything realistic happening where I would want Barkley(or any RB) at #3.

His injuries have nothing to do with his talent. Bosa is more than good. I already explained Garret, have no idea why the Cleveland browns going 0-16 is relevant. 

No he’s not lol. He’s not Jalen Ramsey. 

It's relevant because this proves a DE can have no affect on winning no matter how great his talent is. People say that about RB's on here, well I just gave everyone the best example possible of a DE that had 0 outcome on any game.