Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Garay Possible Free Agent Sign As Nose Tackle

BlueShoe

Antonio Garay played for the Chargers (Greg Manusky) the past few seasons and is a free agent this year. He is “not likely”a guy who is too high on other team’s radar and could possibly be signed to a modest contract. I could see somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3 million a year. He is 6-4, 320.

Just throwing this out as an affordable option to help move the defense to the 3-4.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we signed him.

Knocks against him:

He was fined 15,000 for a hit on Brady (oh well)

He is a little flashy off the field

He has been seen driving this:

antonio_garay_the_nose_tackle_who_drives_a_hello_kitty_smart_car.jpg

Smartcars are not the deathtraps they appear to be. My mother was hit from behind by a lady who apparently didn't know what a red light/ stopped car required . Her smartcar suffered a cracked bumper and a loosened dash but the Malibu that hit my mom had its front smashed in and sent the driver to the hospital.

Oh wow, if we can get the "Hello Kitty" guy, then we'll be set, no doubt. Having said that, I wouldn't read too deeply into free agent signings. This time of the year is a big moment of deception for agents and teams as they send false reports to the media to hype players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82729374/article/scouting-combine-kicks-off-lying-season-around-the-nfl?module=HP11_content_stream

I like that pick up. He is definitely an upgrade of the DTs we have now...of course my 90 year old grandma with dimentia is better than them too. I do think he could add a bit of attitude to our defense. Is it just me or do we have the most polite defense in the league?

Been saying that on here the past couple years..

Maybe he could work against Linkenbach in practice so he can learn to get his feet under him.....if you catch my drift. ;)

But really he's one of the guys I would love beyond belief to get on this team. Don't know what kind of contract he might looking for though, cuz he's a BAD man.

I remember calling for Links head after that game. His protection was just as pathetic as Bill Polians confidence in him at the professional level.