Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts request Interviews with....

Indeee

Matt Nagy, Dave Toub and Josh McDaniels per rotoworld

This is not surprising. I think whoever gets this job the most important aspect will be the staff that surrounds them. Here we go...

I'm not sure who would be brought in out of these 3 but my initial gut would tell me Toub based only on speculation from last year before Pagano was retained

I am not a Josh McDaniels fan. It would personally suck for me if we hire him. I might go negative on this board. :D 

NOT THAT THE COLTS CARE WHAT I THINK. 

That, said, I will express my thoughts here - on a Colts message board. You know, the place where Colts fans write about the Colts. The same forum that was specifically designed for such conversation. 

I think he is a cheater. Actually he is a proven cheater, cause he was caught. I don't want his stink anywhere near the Colts. 

19 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

What if they win 75% of their games?  Will it still suck then?

I don't think he will ever be "my" guy.

That said, success is success. I won't cry if we win, but I doubt he will make us a winner. I would have rather kept Pagano than bring in McCheat!

I just don't like the guy. I get bad vibes every time I hear him speak.

Hoping we get some official "Colts request to interview _____" news soon.

Rap said the Colts were "expected" to interview those guys, but unlike most other teams with HC vacancies I haven't seen any official interview requests yet. Maybe Ballard's just flying under the radar.

29 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I am not a Josh McDaniels fan. It would personally suck for me if we hire him. I might go negative on this board. :D 

That, said, I will express my thoughts here - on a Colts message board. You know, the place where Colts fans write about the Colts. The same forum that was specifically designed for such conversation. 

I think he is a cheater. Actually he is a proven cheater, cause he was caught. I don't want his stink anywhere near the Colts. 

Ya ain't cheatin' ya ain't tryin'

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

NFL radio keeps saying the Raiders didn't 'fire' Del Rio, they 'hired a new coach ( Gruden ).  IOW, if they didn't think Jon was going to accept, Del Rio would still be HC today.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000901564/article/raiders-confident-jon-gruden-will-replace-jack-del-rio

Maybe they will let one of them coach the Oakland Raiders and the other will coach the Las Vegas Raiders. :)

I am good with these candidates.  Nagy would probably be my least favorite, but he has done some good things with the Chiefs offense, although mostly unproven.  

Not sure why people don't like McDaniels, I think he will be a solid head coach and I would love to have him work with Luck.  Pair him with a strong defensive coordinator(maybe Del Rio if he doesn't land another head coach gig) and I'm good.    

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2018 at 10:22 AM, BlueShoe said:

On 1/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, BlueShoe said:

I don't think he will ever be "my" guy.

That said, success is success. I won't cry if we win, but I doubt he will make us a winner. I would have rather kept Pagano than bring in McCheat!

I just don't like the guy. I get bad vibes every time I hear him speak.