• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if we had Luck we would be 7-4.

I'm not too convinced of that.  We were .500 last season with Luck and the past two season I believe we were slightly below .500 in games Luck has played.  Luck would be under duress under this shamble of an O Line and that would probably also lead to critical costly turnovers.  I think our record might be a win or two better...maybe.  If we get a legit coach and Luck comes back healthy next year...I think 12 will make a big difference.  But if Chuck Pagano and his staff continue to pace the sidelines  Luck's full potential will be stiffled in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm not too convinced of that.  We were .500 last season with Luck and the past two season I believe we were slightly below .500 in games Luck has played.  Luck would be under duress under this shamble of an O Line and that would probably also lead to critical costly turnovers.  I think our record might be a win or two better...maybe.  If we get a legit coach and Luck comes back healthy next year...I think12 will make a big difference.  But as Chuck Pagano and his staff are pacing the sidelines he will stifle Luck's full potential in my opinion.

Agree

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Thanks.

Thank you!  Wait now I’m really confused.  

Did we become best friends???  

Stepbrothers, great movie if you haven’t seen it.  

I’ll refrain from the Toby Biscuit comments btw.  From now on I’ll refer by his real name, Coby Triskett.

23 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

He’s a backup for a reason.  Half of the sacks are on him for holding the ball too long.  

Well then Luck is 3rd string quality cuz he holds it even longer.

"mr biscuit", as you call him is trying to make plays and win games.

would you rather he throws it away every play?  Maybe a lil help from thecOL and playcalling would give the guy a chance.

i have to laugh that some people think a 3rd string QB that we traded an underachieving wr for, and who has been with the team half a season, who has to run for his life every play will somehow be aaron rogers or tom brady.

unrealistic expectations.

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I’ll refrain from the Toby Biscuit comments btw.  From now on I’ll refer by his real name, Coby Triskett.

That must be you Pat, nobody can tell a bad joke better.

haha

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I know somewhere I'd like him to go................

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Might lose him to the Colts?

You think Ballard would hire Shurmur over someone like the guy he worked with in KC (can't recall his name Taub??)?

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm not too convinced of that.  We were .500 last season with Luck and the past two season I believe we were slightly below .500 in games Luck has played.  Luck would be under duress under this shamble of an O Line and that would probably also lead to critical costly turnovers.  I think our record might be a win or two better...maybe.  If we get a legit coach and Luck comes back healthy next year...I think 12 will make a big difference.  But if Chuck Pagano and his staff continue to pace the sidelines  Luck's full potential will be stiffled in my opinion.

Are you saying that Irsay is wasting Luck by keeping Pagano?  I think that is true.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

would you rather he throws it away every play?  Maybe a lil help from thecOL and playcalling would give the guy a chance.

i have to laugh that some people think a 3rd string QB that we traded an underachieving wr for, and who has been with the team half a season, who has to run for his life every play will somehow be aaron rogers or tom brady.

Yes because in my previous comments I’ve referred to JB as Tom Brady or Rodgers thousands of times, right?  Ohh wait no I didn’t haha .  He’s been admirable for being thrown to the wolves however.  Does that mean he’s good??? No, absolutely not.  

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yup.

7 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

This seems out of character for you.

The OL is most responsible for your woes on offense. Fix the OL and your QBs will play better.

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

At least someone is seeing the big picture.  I agree.

it may be a good thing Luck didnt make it back this year.  It may have been his last.  The team is improved talent wise, but depth is still weak.(even without the injuries). I'm sure depth is part of our 4th qtr problem.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This seems out of character for you.

The OL is most responsible for your woes on offense. Fix the OL and your QBs will play better.

I’m just tooling with folks.  That’s one thing about me is I really never take the forum seriously.  Any forum for that matter.  :thmup:  

Yes, I do agree the OL needs work desperately.  Same with the playcalling imo.

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yes because in my previous comments I’ve referred to JB as Tom Brady or Rodgers thousands of times, right?  Ohh wait no I didn’t haha .  He’s been admirable for being thrown to the wolves however.  Does that mean he’s good??? No, absolutely not.  

i said "some people", not "mr personality."

not being able to make plays cuz you have to run for your life when the ball is snapped doesnt make you bad either.  Theres a reason Gore's rushing average is a yard less than his career average.  The two are related, its not magic.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

I cant beat that, but i did pee on a police car at Mardi Gras.  They dont let people use bathrooms on bourbon street.  Anything goes.

:thmup: Definitely not surprising at Mardi Gras.  Still something I haven’t experienced but would like to.  I’m sure it’s sheer chaos. 

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You think Ballard would hire Shurmur over someone like the guy he worked with in KC (can't recall his name Taub??)?

Dave Taub? He's the KC Chiefs Special teams coach. I'd take him too. Matt Nagy is the Chiefs OC. He's only in his first year as OC. He was their QB coach prior. 

I would take Pat Shurmer in a heart beat.

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

:thmup: Definitely not surprising at Mardi Gras.  Still something I haven’t experienced but would like to.  I’m sure it’s sheer chaos. 

To give you an idea of the trip, i went many years ago with two buddies from college.  We drove there (from florida) in my buddy's cadillac.  Upon arrival in NO, we stopped at Tulane U to visit some friends.  15 minutes after parking and a quick visit, we walked out to NO CADILLAC!  It was towed.  Making things worse, my buddy got a ticket the year b4 he never paid.  Luckily, in those days, computers didnt update info right away so we were able to rush to impound lot and get car back b4 unpaid ticket was realized.  A great start to a blur of a weekend.  Beautiful city.  Lots of boobs and beads.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I actually think the Taub talk is over rated.  He’s just a special teams coach.  I really have no idea who they will hire, and I might be wrong about the KC angle, but I really advocate somebody that can transform the offense into a quick hitting offense that does away with all of these long developing plays that stress to the hilt the under mannned OL. 

8 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

There is a little truth to both sides. 

Some of these sacks are actually on Brissett. He needs to learn to find the hot route or throw the ball away against the blitz. 

To blitz us in Q4 is routine. Why Chud and JB haven't game planned for that eventuality at this stage is well beyond my comprehension.

8 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Someone say Cobia and Brisket?  The new Surf 'N  Turf?