PrincetonTiger

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

As we sit here and recover from the terrible loss, Everyone must stop take a minute, breath, and think before we post our thoughts

Nah. There's no silver lining in this one. We got flat out embarrassed by the Jags. Lost several key players to injuries including our first round stud safety. 

At least in some of our losses we were competitive. This one, we never even showed up

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Nah. There's no silver lining in this one. We got flat out embarrassed by the Jags. Lost several key players to injuries including our first round stud safety. 

At least in some of our losses we were competitive. This one, we never even showed up

Not about silver linings it is about not attacking others

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

you want me to take a breath ok here it goes....1 2 buckle my shoes 3 4 shut the door 5 6 pick up sticks 7 8 lay em straight 9 10 Fireeee Pagano!!! :grumpy2:

Do you think it makes sense to do that right now? Who would want to come here?

We're a hot mess

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There are so many positives in life why are we focusing on a game that “affects” none of us

I'm not unhinged or anything. But I took my daughter and her friend to that game.  Her friend had never been to an NFL game before.  My husband said after the game, 'she still hasn't'

Never seen anything like it. Stadium looked to be around  80% empty at the end of the third quarter.

Don't get me wrong.  I have plenty of positive in my life.  But, that was just one sorry pitiful effort.

I found myself wishing that we still could hear Bill Polian on the radio after the game.  That would have been something.

4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I'm not unhinged or anything. But I took my daughter and her friend to that game.  Her friend had never been to an NFL game before.  My husband said after the game, 'she still hasn't'

Never seen anything like it. Stadium looked to be around  80% empty at the end of the third quarter.

Don't get me wrong.  I have plenty of positive in my life.  But, that was just one sorry pitiful effort.

I found myself wishing that we still could hear Bill Polian on the radio after the game.  That would have been something.

What really bothers me are the personal attacks on the players/coaches and/or other posters 

12 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Thank you!

You could have easily held back (especially given your title), but you did not. Your response was real and genuine. I appreciate that. 

None of us want the Colts to be a bad team. All of us want to share in the optimism of PrincetonTiger. 

PricetonTiger, I wish I could follow you down that rabbit hole buddy. However, I cannot in good consciousness believe this team has any chance of becoming relevant in 2017. And I've been though some bad years, man!

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm beginning to get tired of the whole National Football League. I couldn't even watch the game today (birthday party) but it's the same thing time in and time out

I had a birthday party too. I went to one after the game. 

Life goes on brother, and the NFL is getting tougher for me to stay emotionally invested in.

Hopefully in 2018, we have this nightmare of an NFL season (2017) completely behind us. We can hope. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Thank you!

You could have easily held back (especially given your title), but you did not. Your response was real and genuine. I appreciate that. 

None of want the Colts to be a bad team. All of want to share in the optimism of PrincetonTiger. 

PricetonTiger, I wish I could follow you down that rabbit hole buddy. However, I cannot in good consciousness believe this team has any chance of becoming relevant in 2017. And I've been though some bad years, man!

It comes from life experience and know how hatred destroys

Football is a privilege 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It comes from life experience and know how hatred destroys

Football is a privilege 

I think you might be confusing hate and logic. 

You're right about football being a privilege. In my opinion, more fans, players, coaches, and owners should understand that.

We cannot ignore the truths; no matter how hard they are to accept. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

I think you might be confusing hate and logic. 

You're right about football being a privilege. In my opinion, more fans, players, coaches, and owners should understand that.

We cannot ignore the truths; no matter how hard they are to accept. 

Why give our self ulcers if we can do nothing about it 

1 minute ago, TheMarine said:

Thoughts going in are the same thoughts going out. 

The colts are who we knew them to be: a Completely faulted team deprived of talent in so many positions. Today, they just happened to be, again under Pagano, horrendously exposed

Unless we can do something about it we need to stop fretting about it

We(including the Colts) knew this was a flawed roster and we need to relax and look ahead 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Why give our self ulcers if we can do nothing about it 

Understanding the truth does not give me ulcers. 

Denying the truth might though.

We are a bad football team. For sanity's sake, it is important to acknowledge and understand it. Holding back the truth from yourself is going to make it hurt a lot more. 

25 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Loved the 'she still hasn't' been line. That's exactly how I think.

That wasn't entertaining, and that's what you guys paid for.

5 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Thoughts going in are the same thoughts going out. 

The colts are who we knew them to be: a Completely faulted team deprived of talent in so many positions. Today, they just happened to be, again under Pagano, horrendously exposed

As much as I want to be able to vigorously argue with you; I cannot. 

We are a bad football team. We are poorly coached, and we also lack the talent to be successful in the NFL.   

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Unless we can do something about it we need to stop fretting about it

We(including the Colts) knew this was a flawed roster and we need to relax and look ahead 

Something similar was posted here not too long ago

Why Im not worried about W/L this year with the Colts. Look at their drafts since 2013

2013 Draft
1.A guy who isn't on the team
2.A guy who isn't on the team
3. A guy who isn't on the team
4. A guy who isn't on the team
5. A guy who isn't on the team
6. A guy who isn't on the team
7. A guy who isn't on the team

2014 Draft 
1. Trent Richardson
2. Our best O-Lineman
3. An adequate receiver

2015 Draft
1. A guy who isn't on the team
2. A guy who isn't on the team
3. A guy with no knees
4. A guy with no head
8. A guy who isn't on the team

2016 draft
1. Sweet jesus a center
2. A guy who shouldn't be on the team
3. Perpetually AWOL
4. Supposedly a defensive lineman. 
5. A Florida Gator who plays defense
6. Joe Reitz 2.0

1 minute ago, TheMarine said:

Why Im not worried about W/L this year with the Colts. Look at their drafts since 2013

2013 Draft

2014 Draft 
1. Trent Richardson
2. Our best O-Lineman
3. An adequate receiver

2015 Draft
3. A guy with no knees
4. A guy with no head

2016 draft
1. Sweet jesus a center
3. Perpetually AWOL
6. Joe Reitz 2.0

It is scary what the previous regime did in the draft

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is scary what the previous regime did in the draft

Yup. 

This year for me was about development and Coaching. We're seeing some development, but I feel most of that has been natural talent gaining experience vs coaching ability. Players should naturally improve over a season, especially the young ones which our rooster certainly is. I feel that this is all we're seeing, and regression in most other facets

8 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

2013 Draft

2014 Draft 
1. Trent Richardson
2. Our best O-Lineman
3. An adequate receiver

2015 Draft
3. A guy with no knees
4. A guy with no head

2016 draft
1. Sweet jesus a center
3. Perpetually AWOL
6. Joe Reitz 2.0

2007 thru 2011 isn't a who's who of NFL talent either.  The end of the Polian era and the beginning of the Grigson era did not do a lot to stock this team with good players.

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

2007 thru 2011 isn't a who's who of NFL talent either.  The end of the Polian era and the beginning of the Grigson era did not do a lot to stock this team with good players.

Just imagine how bad those years would have been without Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. 

We're two players away from rivaling the Browns as worst team over the past decade.

54 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Alright I thought about it.

Pagano needs to go tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There are so many positives in life why are we focusing on a game that “affects” none of us

This is the actual big picture truth, but we're fans. We like the team and want to talk ball. It does affect us, even if it's somewhat superficial.