Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton May Tie Himself To Reggie

oldunclemark

When Peyton Manning meets with Jim Irsay..

He'll say 'sure' I'll restructure my contract and play basically for what you paid me last season

I've got all the money I need. I'll play for low cash.....

IF

If you promise me you will resign Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday and Pierre Garcon ...guys I need..to succeed....

Irsay said he'd take care of Wayne..and Peyton's 28 mil stands in the way..

Manning knows that and he'll say that he needs Reggie to take Indy back to the playoffs

Jeff Saturday returns if Manning does..and Saturday doesn't make that much money.

Garcon isnt a big issue because he's still young and, of course, Irsay wants him back...

but does Irsay want to pay Reggie $10 mil...?

When Peyton Manning meets with Jim Irsay..

He'll say 'sure' I'll restructure my contract and play basically for what you paid me last season

I've got all the money I need. I'll play for low cash.....

IF

If you promise me you will resign Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday and Pierre Garcon ...guys I need..to succeed....

Irsay said he'd take care of Wayne..and Peyton's 28 mil stands in the way..

Manning knows that and he'll say that he needs Reggie to take Indy back to the playoffs

Jeff Saturday returns if Manning does..and Saturday doesn't make that much money.

Garcon isnt a big issue because he's still young and, of course, Irsay wants him back...

but does Irsay want to pay Reggie $10 mil...?

Ya, I'm pretty sure none of these players negotiate their own contracts. Most probably don't even know each other irl.

Manning is like the biggest name and product in sports, I'm sure he's looking for a paycut.

Ya, I'm pretty sure none of these players negotiate their own contracts. Most probably don't even know each other irl.

Manning is like the biggest name and product in sports, I'm sure he's looking for a paycut.

I'm sure he's looking to keep Wayne if he returns..

That's his main hands...

Peyton has done this before

Good to hear from you 'J'

Didnt Manning structure his last deal (and take less) so Freeney and Vinateri could be signed?

Peyton said he would take less ( & did from what Irsay wanted to offer ) if sign Addai,Vini, and charles johnson as the 3 I remember(, freeney was already under contract,) and maybe a free agent too, , so we got low cost free agents and let Johnson walk

This was from an Indy Star article but I surely still don't have that link