Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pull the Plug-Minnesota

PrincetonTiger

6 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Considering how long Bradford held onto the football in the back of the endzone, I'd say either the OC is giving him too many deep routes or Bradford is just being too cautious with his throws.

See what is in bold. He is the classic "playing not to lose" type of player. He is gunshy. He shows no leadership, no urgency. He is the opposite of Andrew Luck.  I know ColtsBlueFL is a big fan of his but not me. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

See what is in bold. He is the classic "playing not to lose" type of player. He is gunshy. He shows no leadership, no urgency. He is the opposite of Andrew Luck.  I know ColtsBlueFL is a big fan of his but not me. 

I do like Sam, healthy.  Only.  Too bad he's not been healthy most of his career. And he isn't now either.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

When one of the most accurate QB's doesn't look accurate, there's issues.  Appears Vikings may have rushed him back to lineup too soon.

He appears accurate because he only makes safe throws. Look at how Luck plays. Luck will sacrifice his accuracy to try to win. 

During preseason, Keenum looked much more like a leader than Sam. Same today. Keenum is not as accurate but he plays to win.

Thankfully Zimmer did the right thing and got Sam out of there. He did not look good even before the game. Case came in and helped win the game.

Teddy is expected to be activated after next week's game against the Packers. We want to retain Keenum (good backup) and Sloter (developmental QB). Maybe we will put Sam on IR? We cant keep 4 QBs on the roster. @ColtsBlueFL what do you think will happen when Teddy returns after week 6? Who will we part with?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He appears accurate because he only makes safe throws. Look at how Luck plays. Luck will sacrifice his accuracy to try to win. 

During preseason, Keenum looked much more like a leader than Sam. Same today. Keenum is not as accurate but he plays to win.

Tonights stats-

Keenum  81% completion rate (58.7% career),  Bradford  45% (62.6% career)

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. Keenum 17/21 140 1 0
S. Bradford 5/11 36 0 0

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thankfully Zimmer did the right thing and got Sam out of there. He did not look good even before the game. Case came in and helped win the game.

Teddy is expected to be activated after next week's game against the Packers. We want to retain Keenum (good backup) and Sloter (developmental QB). Maybe we will put Sam on IR? We cant keep 4 QBs on the roster. @ColtsBlueFL what do you think will happen when Teddy returns after week 6? Who will we part with?

Once Teddy is activated off the PUP, the team has an additional 3 weeks (in practice) then must decide to whether to activate him onto the 53 man roster, or return him back to the PUP for the rest of the year. If activated before or around week 9, then I believe Sloter returns to the practice squad and runs the scout team. 

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Once Teddy is activated off the PUP, the team has an additional 3 weeks (in practice) then must decide to whether to activate him onto the 53 man roster, or return him back to the PUP for the rest of the year. If activated before or around week 9, then I believe Sloter returns to the practice squad and runs the scout team. 

Thank you for that. I forgot that they can use all 3 weeks before adding him to the 53-man roster.

We would have to waive Sloter to get him onto the practice squad, I believe. If he clears waivers. then we can get him to the PS. We don't believe he will clear waivers.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for that. I forgot that they can use all 3 weeks before adding him to the 53-man roster.

We would have to waive Sloter to get him onto the practice squad, I believe. If he clears waivers. then we can get him to the PS. We don't believe he will clear waivers.

True, but I admit I don't know anything about the guy.  Who (what team) would claim him on waivers? Remember, whoever takes him must put him on their active 53 man roster, or they have to waive him also.  They just can't put in a claim, then place him on their own practice squad.  Doesn't work that way. So what team would claim him and put him on their active 53 man roster is my question?  Curious...

Because any team could have signed him off your practice squad to their 53 man roster at any time.  So why would they do it now, and not before Sam got hurt and he was still on the Vikes PS?

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I really hope Teddy can be even a shadow of his former self, looked a great prospect and by all accounts a very decent human being too.

6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I do like Sam, healthy.  Only.  Too bad he's not been healthy most of his career. And he isn't now either.

Dear Sam,

It's time for you to pull the plug. I have a spot for you in the IT world. Your body can't play football. It's not a shame, my body couldn't play football either.

All the best,

NFL fan(s)