Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parity Week

Lucky Colts Fan

What an interesting week.

We have some defeated teams that everyone probably expected, like the Browns, 49ers, and maybe the Chargers or Bengals.  But the Giants being 0-3?  At least the Colts are 1-2 without our best player, right? ...

And then there's our undefeated teams... KC and ATL, and OAK maybe?

But outside of those eight teams, everyone else, 24/32 = 75% of teams have at least one loss and one win.  Almost half the teams in the league are 2-1.

Very Parity... Thanks for letting my know the Raiders lost.. On my way to work this morning I was listening to CNN...urmm..ESPN and my 30 minute drive I didn't know who won. 

I'm surprised so many unbeaten layed down yesterday. We went from 8 to 2? The Dolphins and Bucs looked good last week. They just failed yesterday, miserably. The Ravens?? Just wow.

Yes there is definitely parity. I think you see that a lot when teams go on the road. If you go on the road and win in this league and do it in a convincing fashion that usually impresses me a lot. You see a lot of teams travel east for the early kickoffs and struggle like Denver or Seattle or maybe Arizona last week or teams that go to England and lay and egg but more than there are teams like Pittsburg that just didn't show up against a really poor Chicago team. I don't know if its just hard to get up week in and week out and be consistent but I know it takes a great staff to have players ready to play at a high level week in and week out.

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Very Parity... Thanks for letting my know the Raiders lost.. On my way to work this morning I was listening to CNN...urmm..ESPN and my 30 minute drive I didn't know who won. 

I'm surprised so many unbeaten layed down yesterday. We went from 8 to 2? The Dolphins and Bucs looked good last week. They just failed yesterday, miserably. The Ravens?? Just wow.

:lol: Tell me about it. I don't even turn on sports center anymore. I only watch it if there is baseball or college game on there now....and talk ready...just forget it. Trying to actually find out who won and who scored and played well or bad is like having to sit through a time share lecture just to get the free dinner or tickets lol.

There isn't parity at the top. 

The Pats have gone to like 27 str8 AFCCG's lol. The Steelers & Broncos are usually the only AFC teams to go to Super Bowls when the pats don't.

The reason the Patriots always defy parity is because they recognize the greatest asset a team has is their head coach and GM. Knowing this, Belichick assumes both roles. This is crucial because every time a coach or GM are fired, they bring in their own guys, causing chaos in the locker room from the top down to everything from philosophies, training, and playbooks.

This Patriot approach also is what made the Colts successful during Bill Polian's reign was the ability to retain much of our staff over a long tenure, especially Tom Moore and Howard Mudd, giving Peyton the staffing network he needed to reach his full potential, just like we're seeing with Tom Brady having Josh McDaniels and Belichick.

Owners are making the mistake of focusing their energy on the players when the owners should instead redirect that energy into finding a smart football guru, then making him a head coach and GM. Most owners, however, are too scared to relinquish that much power to one individual, which is why their teams will never surpass the Patriots.

The Pats were close to being 1-2 if it were not for #12 doing what he does every year in the last 30 seconds of his games. Steelers and Raiders falling says either everyone is getting off to very slow starts for some reason or it is going to be a very interesting season. The Jaguars!!??

On 9/25/2017 at 7:49 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

There isn't parity at the top. 

The Pats have gone to like 27 str8 AFCCG's lol. The Steelers & Broncos are usually the only AFC teams to go to Super Bowls when the pats don't.

Steelers, Broncos and Raiders all lost while the Pats barely won at the last second in Foxboro.

It's definitely been a week of parity.

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Steelers, Broncos and Raiders all lost while the Pats barely won at the last second in Foxboro.

It's definitely been a week of parity.

Ok. I guess last week makes up for the last decade or two.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Ok. I guess last week makes up for the last decade or two.

I was just making an observation I found interesting about this past week.

I'm not trying to argue with you about who the best teams of the last generation are.

You know how some Saturdays in College Football are referred to as either "Separation Saturday" or "Upset Saturday" ?  Well this last weekend was Upset Sunday in the NFL.  :thmup:

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not trying to argue with you about who the best teams of the last generation are.

You know how some Saturdays in College Football are referred to as either "Separation Saturday" or "Upset Saturday" ?  Well this last weekend was Upset Sunday in the NFL.  :thmup:

I think in the 90's everyone wanted see Cowboys vs 49ers, Aikman/Smith/Irvin vs Young/Rice/Taylor. In the 2000's-2009 it was Pats vs Colts, Tommy vs Peyton, we will always have that. Like Bruschi said we made it a rivalry when we beat them in 2006 and won a SB.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You know how some Saturdays in College Football are referred to as either "Separation Saturday" or "Upset Saturday" ?  Well this last weekend was upset Sunday in the NFL.  :thmup:

Ok..... yeah there were some upsets for sure.