Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vinatieri takes blame for off-day vs. Rams....

NewColtsFan

A Mike Wells story.....

Vinatierri says he thought his field goal was good.   Surprised when it hit the upright.

Thinks he over-compensated on the extra point.      

Says the misses are all his fault, and not that of his teammates,  Rhodes, the new long snapper,  or Sanchez, the new holder.

Here's the story.....

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/21404/colts-adam-vinatieri-putting-rare-ugly-game-behind-him

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

What???? His job is to makes kicks, regardless of what other facets of the team are doing. 

If you look at AVs career, every once in a while, he'll have an off day where he misses stupid easy stuff. But then when the games on the line on another day, he's money. 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

What???? His job is to makes kicks, regardless of what other facets of the team are doing. 

So you're perfect at your job every day?

News Flash McFly, everybody has an off day at work. I do, you do, and anyone reading this forum does. 

It works out best when we have off days that don't matter anyway. We should be so lucky when that happens. 

11 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

So you're perfect at your job every day?

News Flash McFly, everybody has an off day at work. I do, you do, and anyone reading this forum does. 

It works out best when we have off days that don't matter anyway. We should be so lucky when that happens. 

If you want to pump that sunshine,

go for it. He sucked just Ike the team did, Simple!

It's an interesting coincidence Adam had an off-day when everyone else did, too. Did someone spike the Colts Gatorade, or something? Literally not a single person did anything right all game. Even Chuck Pagano screwed up in his post-game press conference, referring to our opponents as the 49'ers!

I've never seen a display of football so poor on all facets, top to bottom.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

If you look at AVs career, every once in a while, he'll have an off day where he misses stupid easy stuff. But then when the games on the line on another day, he's money. 

In fact, the last time I remember he missed an easy kick was week 2 against the Jets in 2015. After that, he didn't miss a kick the rest of the season, and if I recall, I believe it was from that point on that he started the longest streak of made field goals ever. 

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

In fact, the last time I remember he missed an easy kick was week 2 against the Jets in 2015. After that, he didn't miss a kick the rest of the season, and if I recall, I believe it was from that point on that he started the longest streak of made field goals ever. 

Yep

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Time to start another such streak!