Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ruled out for week 1

CR91

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter KIng said on Mike & Mike Luck will not play until the doctors say he can play. That coming from Ballard's talk with King. Also as I have posted previously Ballard and the organization feel Luck should sit the entre season in order to assure his long term future if the doctors suggest it. This fits the trade with NE because the Colts feel they did not have a back up QB that could win games in 2017. Add to this Alabama center Kelly is out for may 8 weeks, only a sadist would put Luck behind a second rate center. Lets wait and see how well the OL protects in the first few games. If they fail to protect you sit Luck for the entre season. 

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Peter KIng said on Mike & Mike Luck will not play until the doctors say he can play. That coming from Ballard's talk with King. Also as I have posted previously Ballard and the organization feel Luck should sit the entre season in order to assure his long term future if the doctors suggest it. This fits the trade with NE because the Colts feel they did not have a back up QB that could win games in 2017. Add to this Alabama center Kelly is out for may 8 weeks, only a sadist would put Luck behind a second rate center. Lets wait and see how well the OL protects in the first few games. If they fail to protect you sit Luck for the entre season. 

Multiple things wrong here. For one, if the Colts were to go ahead and sit Luck the entire season, they would've never taken him off of PUP and would of likely put him on IR. The team knows the timetable they are working with. Secondly, the Brissett trade is more of a long-term acquisition. Brissett could play sooner if Tolzien gets hurt or looks really bad within the first couple of games. And Ballard said that Kelly is actually "close" which tells me he may not be out for 8 weeks as you are suggesting. Stop spreading FUD.

52 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I believe his resume proves him more credible than all posters here who closely resemble a diaper s both needing frequent changes for the same reason.

Disregarding posters (who can only guess based upon their own level of knowledge and information they have received), you will take the word of an ex player/coach over that of an M.D., one that happens to have been the San Diego Chargers head physician and chief surgeon for 17 years?  :scratch:

Dr. Chao puts the over/under at 4.5 weeks.  I would have expected that the Colts would have moved Luck to the Reserve/PUP if he actually wasn't going to be ready within 6 weeks or thereabouts.

Yes, doctors will be involved some still, but he is at a point where they want to let him go back to work.  Also, Luck will always have to be cognizant on doing shoulder exercises and stay on top of keeping the joint strong and stable. And studies have shown it can take up to 11.7 months for an athlete to feel 'normal' again, even though the begin to participate notably earlier than that.

16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You have no FACTS to back your "opinion" based on nothing but diaper fillings.

The facts stated by @Restored:

Luck has been taken off PUP.  Can only mean he is likely to return, at least to practice, within 6weeks.  We have no room to carry someone who is not going to be utilised in those 6 weeks as we are already carrying others.

Brissett is more of a long-term acquisition.  This was stated by Ballard.

Kelly is close to a return.  Again, a quote from Ballard. 

You might as well have just replied "#fakenews"

10 hours ago, Restored said:

Ballard DID say Kelly was close. The Colts DID take Luck off of PUP and did NOT put him on IR. Those are facts. If the Colts felt Luck was going to miss extended time and had no faith in Tolzien, they would've made a move a lot sooner for a QB.

Kelly was close? Is that a fact? Where did Ballard get his medical degree? Define "close". Week 9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16? "Off the PUP", so exactly what week does he start? Week 2,3,4,5,6? Those are not facts. Opinions, estimations and guesses are worth nothing.

30 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Kelly was close? Is that a fact? Where did Ballard get his medical degree? Define "close". Week 9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16? "Off the PUP", so exactly what week does he start? Week 2,3,4,5,6? Those are not facts. Opinions, estimations and guesses are worth nothing.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/4/16251956/ballard-ryan-kelly-is-close

the original guess was week 4, could be sooner

On 9/4/2017 at 1:09 PM, oldunclemark said:

But the truth is, we have no idea when Andrew will be back..

....according to them, there is no timetable....they haven't even seen him throw.,,,,.or so they said.

We can beat the Rams with Tolzien ..althouhg they'll certainly blitz him heavily....

......but they our GM and coach make it sound like they have no idea when Andrew will be back

I think Luck will be back by week 4 or sooner. Your right we have no idea besides he will be back when he is ready. If it is after week 4 I think we should've just kept him on PUP. Jacoby Brissett has said he is ready when ever needed. Now if that means we have emergency playbook for Brissett? If Tolzien goes out. I say we skip the Tolzien going out and play the Brissett backup playbook JMO. 

11 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Michael Wilbon on PTI said he was wondering ..." Do Colts play it really safe and sit Luck for the season" .

I wouldn't take anything Wilbon has to say about the Colts serious. He has had a long standing issue with Irsay and will go out of his way to be negative towards the Colts.

From all the interviews I've watched from Jim Irsay, Chris Ballard & Chuck Pagano.   All the stories I've read. I'm starting to believe that they really don't know when Andrew will be back. These last few weeks it seems to me that they are leaving it completely up to Andrew. I've gotten the impression that it may be in his head, he needs to get his head right as well as his shoulder... I think everyone wants Andrew back asap, like yesterday!! but if he's not here mentally then he's not going to do the team any good anyway. Maybe he's afraid of coming out throwing a bunch of picks? Maybe when he closes his eyes he see's defenders coming at him?  He keeps saying he will be better than he was before getting hurt. Maybe its just to much pressure being placed on him from himself. Sometime's we are our own worst enemy!!

Edited by XxGoosexX

7 hours ago, XxGoosexX said:

From all the interviews I've watched from Jim Irsay, Chris Ballard & Chuck Pagano.   All the stories I've read. I'm starting to believe that they really don't know when Andrew will be back. These last few weeks it seems to me that they are leaving it completely up to Andrew. I've gotten the impression that it may be in his head, he needs to get his head right as well as his shoulder... I think everyone wants Andrew back asap, like yesterday!! but if he's not here mentally then he's not going to do the team any good anyway. Maybe he's afraid of coming out throwing a bunch of picks? Maybe when he closes his eyes he see's defenders coming at him?  He keeps saying he will be better than he was before getting hurt. Maybe its just to much pressure being placed on him from himself. Sometime's we are our own worst enemy!!

Yes, the mind can actually hinder us at times. Just recovering and then doing rehab with a physical therapist isn't all that's involved coming back from injury.  All along the way, the patient must get and maintain a mental outlook of getting little contollable things right.  Make an improvement at each step.  At times, even going to another doctor just for a change/fixing of the mindset going forward helps.

When you become quite injured, the mind wants to settle in on all of the things one cannot do. Luck has been injured fairly seriously, twice now.  There's a lot of humility in that, because he has had to accept that he cannot control the situation(s) he has been in (unable to play and help the team). He got hurt, and once you are, you can't contol that. Including mental aspects to when the mind tends to replay the past and regretting any action(s) that could have lead up to the injury. One just cannot dwell there.  What has to be done, all along, is focus on and make little gains each day in rehab. Also be aware of doing 'too much' and risking re-injury, and finally do focus on performing the things the medical team points out can speed healing.  Make little gains daily.

My wife loves lists.  Has a huge writing pad and makes them all of the time. Not because they're long and daunting (just like a 6-9 month rehab seems), but becasue nothing pleases her more than crossing an item off_the_list.  And the more lined out items, the more joy she receives. Same for the recovering athlete. Luck is also likely looking to the near future and regretting the lost opportunities due to the surgery. This creates an anxiety and stress.  Football players want to play, and you know he feels he is letting down the team and the fans.  If something like this is happening, I'm sure they have a specific plan in place that has lofty, yet attainalble goals for Luck to reach, in throwing, timing, and accuracy.  Once is nailing that in the caoches estimation, they'll put him in.  Luck has to only focus on that, not 'what could have been if...'

Andrew has a winning and fearless mindset thagt will rise to the top, and will get through the physical and mental aspects in returning to the gridiron in top shape in every way. I'm not worried.  And in my estimation, not too far away.