Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Media: Pagano Left Door Open (Speculation)

TKnight24

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys. You all know I'll be straight up. Tozein or however you spell his last name is an absolute joke and he has no business in the NFL. He should be backing up some other bum in Canada or the Arena league. Morris is a lot more talented and it makes no sense that he wouldn't be our backup QB....IF we don't sign a FA or, and I'm just throwing this out there. Trade a 4th or 5th for somebody like a Jacoby Brissett. But with what we have. Stephen Morris is the only logical choice at backup QB. He can actually make some plays, he's athletic, and can scramble and run the ball himself a handful of times per game.

Morris should start and play on opening day if Luck cant go. So a lot of people have really been bashing our play in pre-season so far and when some say it's only pre-season/relax, it gets laughed at. If we beat Pitt, I don't want those same people bashing the team saying it's only pre-season then. To me pre-season is meaningless but I think you see my point of this Post. If Chuck beats Pitt then that gives him a win over Pitt to the people that bash the team over pre-season play.

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Guys. You all know I'll be straight up. Tozein or however you spell his last name is an absolute joke and he has no business in the NFL. He should be backing up some other bum in Canada or the Arena league. Morris is a lot more talented and it makes no sense that he wouldn't be our backup QB....IF we don't sign a FA or, and I'm just throwing this out there. Trade a 4th or 5th for somebody like a Jacoby Brissett. But with what we have. Stephen Morris is the only logical choice at backup QB. He can actually make some plays, he's athletic, and can scramble and run the ball himself a handful of times per game.

Tolzein is not a world beater or someone who is going to try and do extra for a win.  He is someone who will be mediocre and handle the job for a game or two if needed.  Morris is the other option and I want to see him with the 1's so he can get use to the different level of skill.  Hopefully Pitt schemes some for us so Morris can see this as well.  He needs reps against something he will see week 1 if he were to start.  I think either way we need Luck and all this talk about trading for someone else is crazy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tolzein stinks.

Compared to back-ups he is mediocre.  Nothing crazy special...but this is among back-ups who you hope do not have to play.  He is someone who will put up stats that are nothing special but he allows the offense to run and he will provide short passes with an occasional deep ball.  We can make this work if the wrost happens for a week or two.

This being said they should still allow for Morris to provide competition and play with the 1's to see what he does.

I think the best player should play if 12 is not ready. Throw out the depth chart you had yesterday, or how much money a player makes. Or call Pete Carol for advice;). I'm not a fan of either of these guys btw. The player that gives us the best chance to win should play.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

Compared to back-ups he is mediocre.  Nothing crazy special...but this is among back-ups who you hope do not have to play.  He is someone who will put up stats that are nothing special but he allows the offense to run and he will provide short passes with an occasional deep ball.  We can make this work if the wrost happens for a week or two.

This being said they should still allow for Morris to provide competition and play with the 1's to see what he does.

Like many I like Morris better but I am not Chucky.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like many I like Morris better but I am not Chucky.

I have no bias towards either but everyone can love Morris until he messes up....and then what?

I am just saying that Tolzein, against Pitt last year, did not play bad.  Our WR dropped everything handed to them and our D....well you know the rest.  Morris has 0 time against a real starting line-up.  I want to see him against the 1's this Saturday for sure.  I hope he plays the whole first half.  BUT if he goose eggs out there then what will the rhetoric become for everyone on here....not just you but being general. 

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Tolzein is not a world beater or someone who is going to try and do extra for a win.  He is someone who will be mediocre and handle the job for a game or two if needed.  Morris is the other option and I want to see him with the 1's so he can get use to the different level of skill.  Hopefully Pitt schemes some for us so Morris can see this as well.  He needs reps against something he will see week 1 if he were to start.  I think either way we need Luck and all this talk about trading for someone else is crazy.

As for the talk about trading for another QB. Yeah I'd be cool with it if we gave up a 4th or 5th for a guy like Brissett or something as we need a better backup QB. But I completely disagree with what you said about Tolzein. He's not even capable of the bolded. He just sucks all the way around lol. And why in the name of God would we want a backup QB who wouldn't try to do extra for a win. There's a big difference in 8-8 and 9-7. But with that last sentence said, I do not expect to lose 8 games. Even if Luck comes back the 3rd game and we're 0-2 I still think we are somewhere around 10-6. With a healthy, 100% Luck, and what should be an improved OL ou offense is lethal. 

28 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Watch out, there is a guy on here that say Tolzien is not lost and should start over Morris??? LOL

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

As for the talk about trading for another QB. Yeah I'd be cool with it if we gave up a 4th or 5th for a guy like Brissett or something as we need a better backup QB. But I completely disagree with what you said about Tolzein. He's not even capable of the bolded. He just sucks all the way around lol. And why in the name of God would we want a backup QB who wouldn't try to do extra for a win. There's a big difference in 8-8 and 9-7. But with that last sentence said, I do not expect to lose 8 games. Even if Luck comes back the 3rd game and we're 0-2 I still think we are somewhere around 10-6. With a healthy, 100% Luck, and what should be an improved OL ou offense is lethal. 

I agree with the record portion.  8-8 is not 9-7 and yes I feel like at worst we go 9-7.  

But, Tolzein is not nearly as bad as you say...coaches and a GM will agree with me.  Hints why he is on our roster and currently the back-up just as he was last year.  That being said, you never hope they actually have to play.  #12 gives us the best chance, and I know you know that.  And again I would not waste a draft pick to bring a guy in to learn a whole new system in 2 weeks and then still possibly go 0-2.  Waste of valuable guys we could have next year during the draft.

No reason not to give Morris a shot.

Morris must be clueless in the QB room and suck on the practice field to drop to where he did on the depth chart.  In game action, however, he certainly looks like the best option... the best option to perhaps steal a game and stay afloat until Luck returns.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Morris starts on opening day I like our chances at a win. I would say it's 50/50 anyway. With Luck I say 75% chance. If Tolzein starts I predict a loss.

The bias behind this is funny.  With Tolzein or Morris we have a 50/50 shot...odds are obviously greater with Luck.

The bias behind this is funny.  With Tolzein or Morris we have a 50/50 shot...odds are obviously greater with Luck.

I am just not impressed with Tolzein, I think Morris is a better playmaker and with our O.Line that is needed. No Kelly either. Tolzein will probably fear for his life against the Rams Front. Morris can at least run and make more plays on the run.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just not impressed with Tolzein, I think Morris is a better playmaker and with our O.Line that is needed. No Kelly either. Tolzein will probably fear for his life against the Rams Front. Morris can at least run and make more plays on the run.

I cannot disagree that Tolzein plays scared sometimes.  I just want to see Morris play the whole first half against the Steelers.  And I hope both teams game plan a bunch so Morris sees the difference.  That will show us what he is...and I am not opposed to him being Week 1's starter.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I cannot disagree that Tolzein plays scared sometimes.  I just want to see Morris play the whole first half against the Steelers.  And I hope both teams game plan a bunch so Morris sees the difference.  That will show us what he is...and I am not opposed to him being Week 1's starter.

I hope Morris plays a Half as well. That will give us all a better feel for what he is and it's Pitt.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tolzein stinks.

Yes. Reportedly, Morris stinks in practice but plays well with the 3s this preseason.  They both played equally last year, so I would think there is a good shot Morris will get reps with the 1s too.  

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Coaches like Wade Philips and Gregg Williams will still bring the kitchen sink and I am afraid Morris might hold on to the ball and fumble wanting to make more plays while Tolzien will punt than turning over in such scenarios.

Ultimately, the OL and running game has to help out both, otherwise we will have our work cut out vs both those Ds.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Coaches like Wade Philips and Gregg Williams will still bring the kitchen sink and I am afraid Morris might hold on to the ball and fumble wanting to make more plays while Tolzien will punt than turning over in such scenarios.

Ultimately, the OL has to help out both, otherwise we will have our work cut out vs both those Ds.

We will need the other 21 players to step up and be huge for us while we have any backup in IMO.  The line looks bad and our D still looks shaky.  Its early and we have had a lot of depth players in though so I am hopeful for a great TEAM performance to open the season.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ultimately, the OL and running game has to help out both, otherwise we will have our work cut out vs both those Ds.

If Luck doesn't play I am hoping Mack and Gore can control the game.

Tolzein is a journeyman - a career back-up/PS-level guy.  Morris is an untried rookie with what seems to be some natural physical ability and presence.  Neither seems, at this point, to be capable of leading us, purely on the strength of QB play, to win a week one or two game.  But, Morris - should the defense step up in LA - may do just enough with his legs and arm to give the team a chance.  A 'game manager' won't get us a win.  Morris brings some excitement.  Just my nickel.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

I agree with the record portion.  8-8 is not 9-7 and yes I feel like at worst we go 9-7.  

But, Tolzein is not nearly as bad as you say...coaches and a GM will agree with me.  Hints why he is on our roster and currently the back-up just as he was last year.  That being said, you never hope they actually have to play.  #12 gives us the best chance, and I know you know that.  And again I would not waste a draft pick to bring a guy in to learn a whole new system in 2 weeks and then still possibly go 0-2.  Waste of valuable guys we could have next year during the draft.

Well we do need an upgrade at backup QB unless Morris is that guy, and IMO he could very well be. But my point with a trade for a guy like Brissett is this. We get an upgrade at backup QB, and he could possibly reward us with an even better pick if he starts 2 games and plays well. we could flip him to some team next offseason for a higher 4th or something. I'd give NE a 4th or 5th for him. I think it'd be a worth while investment and/or gamble.

11 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Tolzein is a journeyman - a career back-up/PS-level guy.  Morris is an untried rookie with what seems to be some natural physical ability and presence.  Neither seems, at this point, to be capable of leading us, purely on the strength of QB play, to win a week one or two game.  But, Morris - should the defense step up in LA - may do just enough with his legs and arm to give the team a chance.  A 'game manager' won't get us a win.  Morris brings some excitement.  Just my nickel.

I agree and honestly hope Morris shows up and becomes a very solid player because we can then parole that into a solid draft pick.  But saying a "game manager" won't win games in wrong.  Alex Smith is just that and they were 12-4 last year, and 11-5 before that.  We need everyone on the roster to play and not just a QB.  

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Well we do need an upgrade at backup QB unless Morris is that guy, and IMO he could very well be. But my point with a trade for a guy like Brissett is this. We get an upgrade at backup QB, and he could possibly reward us with an even better pick if he starts 2 games and plays well. we could flip him to some team next offseason for a higher 4th or something. I'd give NE a 4th or 5th for him. I think it'd be a worth while investment and/or gamble.

Every team wants a better backup when they are actually needed.  I get that!  But just because he showed some promise last year does not mean anything here.  Different system all around.  I remember people saying how great Osweiler might be...not anymore.  Could Brissett come in here and become a solid backup, yea.  Or you hope Morris becomes the same thing since to me they are.  Why trade for a guy similar to what you already have.

4 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I agree and honestly hope Morris shows up and becomes a very solid player because we can then parole that into a solid draft pick.  But saying a "game manager" won't win games in wrong.  Alex Smith is just that and they were 12-4 last year, and 11-5 before that.  We need everyone on the roster to play and not just a QB.  

You missed my intent...sorry.  In our situation - I don't believe a game manager gets us a win.

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

You missed my intent...sorry.  In our situation - I don't believe a game manager gets us a win.

Ahh...I gotcha now.  Well I would still say yes and no to that honestly.  Having a young inexperienced guy out there chucking it down the field leads to TO's.  This is something that can truly derail a possible winnable game.

Ahh...I gotcha now.  Well I would still say yes and no to that honestly.  Having a young inexperienced guy out there chucking it down the field leads to TO's.  This is something that can truly derail a possible winnable game.

Let's hope this discussion is moot.   LOL