Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/2/17- Colts Day Off

TKnight24

34 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I wish every off-season was just a day long.....

Hey, this is probably the first time I have to disagree with you, buccolts!

I kind of like that we have time to get hopes up and get excited about different new players. You get some time to dream about how everything will work out perfectly for a great season ..... before the harsh reality comes crashing down and we loose the first two games! haha

Serenity now!

5 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Hey, this is probably the first time I have to disagree with you, buccolts!

I kind of like that we have time to get hopes up and get excited about different new players. You get some time to dream about how everything will work out perfectly for a great season ..... before the harsh reality comes crashing down and we loose the first two games! haha

Serenity now!

Good point, and I do enjoy that aspect of the off-season, but now I'm torn, as there's also the agony of determining which threads am I going to be sorry I click on. Which are a waste of time? Which are going to anger me? HOW WILL I EVER GET THAT PART OF MY LIFE BACK?

Ah, who am I kidding? 

I'll wait it out until I retire, then clamor for the opportunity to waste time on such matters. Guess I should take up golf, or fishing.

6 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I've always been a fan of nonchalantly flipping the ball to the ref after a score, then jog to your sideline: That says more than any celebration in my book. 

If i was a coach, i'd have some "in-house" rules.

but whatever, it doesnt bother me except when it gets more about "look at ME", rather than a natural and reactionary response.

when guys emotions take over and its natural.... thats when its best for me.

ps... i LOVED Elliot jumping in the salvation army pot, planned or not.

So I guess so far the biggest takeaways from the first 2 days are the potential shuffling of the OL with Mewhort and Haeg possibly switching. The 2nd is probably that it looks like Rodgers has a huge lead on the WR3 spot. Lastly, it looks like a couple more Grigson holdovers like E. Jackson, Langford, Parry, etc...might not make the 53.

44 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

So I guess so far the biggest takeaways from the first 2 days are the potential shuffling of the OL with Mewhort and Haeg possibly switching. The 2nd is probably that it looks like Rodgers has a huge lead on the WR3 spot. Lastly, it looks like a couple more Grigson holdovers like E. Jackson, Langford, Parry, etc...might not make the 53.

IMO not much can be taken away from two practices. Luck is not even practicing and his choices on who he throws to can be a lot different. We still have more practices and 4 pre season games to establish who plays where and what spot any players are on. There are 37 players who are looking for a spot. Anything can happen and normally does.

IMO not much can be taken away from two practices. Luck is not even practicing and his choices on who he throws to can be a lot different. We still have more practices and 4 pre season games to establish who plays where and what spot any players are on. There are 37 players who are looking for a spot. Anything can happen and normally does.

There's always takeaways. Nothing is set in stone obviously but that's just my early impressions. Luck not being there doesn't have anything to do with the defense or OL shuffling.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

There's always takeaways. Nothing is set in stone obviously but that's just my early impressions. Luck not being there doesn't have anything to do with the defense or OL shuffling.

Well you did say that Rogers had a huge lead in the 3rd spot. After two camp practices without Luck that is way too pre mature to  call.

Just saying.

Well you did say that Rogers had a huge lead in the 3rd spot. After two camp practices without Luck that is way too pre mature to  call.

Just saying.

I was basing that statement off the fact that Rodgers seemed to be the number 3 last season too.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I was basing that statement off the fact that Rodgers seemed to be the number 3 last season too.

Fair enough. I just hope the Colts offense can actually start using all their weapons instead of force feeding Hilton and or dumping off to Doyle.

From past history the Colts used to utilize the receiver or TE that was open. We never knew who was going to have a great game because Manning would take what was given to him.