Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's my praise for LeBron - 8 straight Finals = amazing. Can he win it all though?

I dont want to bring this up..(yes I do:rock:)

...but the Pacers had them......We were a missed goal tending call away from maybe playing tongiht

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

LBJ played all 48 minutes..he cant do that against Houston or GSW..

...but folks..I think we can forget about LeBron leaving Cleveland

It probably means someone will go

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I dont want to bring this up..(yes I do:rock:)

...but the Pacers had them......We were a missed goal tending call away from maybe playing tongiht

Yep

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I don’t think so. I don’t think the Rockets are that good. I just think the Warriors have let them off the hook

You're telling me.. the warriors have killed them 3 times.. the rockets barely got away with two. But that's how much better I think there are than the cavs

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they are going to make moves to keep him for sure.  i bet they will go after leonard or paul george 

Paul George is a real option....a two-year deal ..something like that..

LeBron likes him …. PG wants to get to the finals..and Hill, a former friend,  is already there

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I will say this about LeBron.

I don't know how anyone plays 48 minutes in an NBA playoff game...

….That's the stuff Wilt did

Yeah belongs in there with Jordan, Magic, Kareem, and Wilt. I am done being a hater. I still think he loses in the Finals but he is still Great regardless.

• Thanks 1

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I bet GH would be happy to find out he has become a Bargaining Chip

why would he want to leave?  paul is his good friend and they both should be happy to play with the best player in the world plus they are pretty much guaranteed to be a contender 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

why would he want to leave?  paul is his good friend and they both should be happy to play with the best player in the world plus they are pretty much guaranteed to be a contender 

Never said he would but on the other hand it could be an ego crusher to realize that the only reason your are on a team is to bring in a big fish and not your talent

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Never said he would but on the other hand it could be an ego crusher to realize that the only reason your are on a team is to bring in a big fish and not your talent

i dont think it would be like that, its just they are good friends and its one more incentive for paul to go there 

hill could be valuable in his own right for his defense 

My new Top 4 ever = Jordan 1, Magic 2, Kareem 3, LeBron 4. So now everyone that thinks I diss LeBron can at least not call me hater. I put him ahead of Kobe, Wilt, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Russell. Making 8 straight Finals, winning 3 Championships, and his overall Stats has him at 4 on my list. His Finals record is still MEH but a lot of that isn't his fault.

12 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

But will Hill be there

good question.....................I think the Cavs probably like what he's done in the payoffs but he makes $18 million that they badly need to use else where if LBJ stays...and they want to sign someone (like Paul George)

By the way..if you are the Pacers, would you give $10 mil for maybe 3 years to (free agent) Rodney Hood. ? It seems clear the Cavs aren't going to offer him much if anything.

He can score, he's just 26   we would give up nothing to get him...and we wouldn't have to trade anybody to fit him in salary-wise.

Edited by oldunclemark

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My new Top 4 ever = Jordan 1, Magic 2, Kareem 3, LeBron 4. So now everyone that thinks I diss LeBron can at least not call me hater. I put him ahead of Kobe, Wilt, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Russell. Making 8 straight Finals, winning 3 Championships, and his overall Stats has him at 4 on my list. His Finals record is still MEH but a lot of that isn't his fault.

I agree...I don't think that 'reaching 8 consecutive NBA finals (as impressive as it is) is an achievement at the level of winning back-to-back (or back-to-back to back) titles.

Few teams win back-to-back..because its very, very hard.

Golden State has never done it...LeBron's teams have never done it

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's true......they put in 40 minutes in the playoffs all the way..

I want to say the NBA is more demanding but I'm not sure that's true...

Jackie Young did with a broken Nose

They only had 7 Scholarship players available after Christmas 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Jackie Young did with a broken Nose

They only had 7 Scholarship players available after Christmas 

Agreed....  (you may be surprised to learn that many of us up here follow Notre Dame!)

..and if you judge it by relative levels of athleticism...…...I;m not sure a 40-minute NCAA tournament game is less demanding than a 48-minute NBA game.

I would says that the ND girls are in their early 20s while LeBron is in his early 30s.

But the endurance required and the intensity of a complete playoff game cant be much different..

..and at the regional and Final 4 you do play on one days' rest

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Agreed....  (you may be surprised to learn that many of us up here follow Notre Dame!)

..and if you judge it by relative levels of athleticism...…...I;m not sure a 40-minute NCAA tournament game is less demanding than a 48-minute NBA game.

I would says that the ND girls are in their early 20s while LeBron is in his early 30s.

But the endurance required and the intensity of a complete playoff game cant be much different..

..and at the regional and Final 4 you do play on one days' rest

The whole NCAA tourney is a Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday

They played on back to back days in the ACC tourney and they played 2 regular season games a week

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Why does ESPN call it 'breaking news' that Chris Paul might be a game-time decision for Game 7?

Of course he 'might be' a game-time decision. He might not be.

Everybody on the active roster might be a game-time decision

The whole point of promos is to get people to watch

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The whole NCAA tourney is a Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday

They played on back to back days in the ACC tourney and they played 2 regular season games a week

The whole point of promos is to get people to watch

Don't get carried away..

The ACC tourney isn't the same at the NCAA tourney...because you don't have to win to continue your season. .In fact, you're often better off losing in your conference tournament because you save your squad for the 'real' tournament. Where a loss can end your season..

ND wasn't the ACC champ and they dont care

….and the ESPN things are called.. 'Breaking News'    their words, not mine.

…..How is it news to say that someone 'might be' a game-time decision.

That's like saying Friday that Kevin Love 'might be' a game-time decision for Sunday.

Not whether he would play. Not when they would decide whether he would play.

But that his status might or might not be a game-time decision.

Its an exercise in the obvious.. See?