Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did you ever think that I do hold LeBron to a higher standard today than everyone else. So when he loses it's shocking. I hold him to the Jordan's, Magic's, Bird's, Kareem's standards. Maybe that is my fault, back in the day when Jordan, Magic or Bird lost I was ripping them too lmao. LeBron is that Great.

Well I saw those guys all lose too. I’ve seen them have bad games. I think we live with selective memory. Guess I wasn’t around to hear you call them out when they did so fair enough.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t have a list but he is the best since he came into the league. Outside his attitude he plays the game exactly how you dream to teach a kid.

If you just go by true position I would probably have LeBron 1st Team all-time:

PG Magic

SG Jordan

SF LeBron (Bird is right there though)

PF Duncan

C Kareem

• Like 1

I don’t have a list but he is the best since he came into the league. Outside his attitude he plays the game exactly how you dream to teach a kid.

A lot of people do not like him because of the FA moves his has made

IMO

There are no GOATS in any sport

If you just go by true position I would probably have LeBron 1st Time all-team:

PG Magic

SG Jordan

SF LeBron (Bird is right there though)

PF Duncan

C Kareem

That’s a great list there! I think Birds prime he was one of the greatest...obviously Lebrons career and prime has stretched much further. It’s goijg to be interesting. Lebron might end up the all time leader in points top 10000 assists have more playoff stats pts assists Reb then anyone ever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s a great list there! I think Birds prime he was one of the greatest...obviously Lebrons career and prime has stretched much further. It’s goijg to be interesting. Lebron might end up the all time leader in points top 10000 assists have more playoff stats pts assists Reb then anyone ever. 

That happens when you start playing at 19 and can go or bring an all star team with you

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I cant spell haha I meant 1st team all-time but LeBron has the longevity on Bird and if he passes Kareem that would be gigantic for Bron's legacy. I still think they have a 50/50 chance of winning tomorrow. If they do, I will be the 1st one on here to praise him. If he loses he loses, he's made the Finals 7 years in a row. Like when Magic lost to Houston, I thought it was Bad but damn you cant win every year lmao 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I cant spell haha I meant 1st team all-time but LeBron has the longevity on Bird and if he passes Kareem that would be gigantic for Bron's legacy. I still think they have a 50/50 chance of winning tomorrow. If they do, I will be the 1st one on here to praise him. If he loses he loses, he's made the Finals 7 years in a row. Like when Magic lost to Houston, I thought it was Bad but damn you cant win every year lmao 

And in 20 years he will be just like Bill Russell because every generation has their GOAT and that is the problem

All-Time Lists and GOAT talk is too political 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

And in 20 years he will be just like Bill Russell because every generation has their GOAT and that is the problem

All-Time Lists and GOAT talk is to political 

I made a Post a while back just ranking players by decades which is fair right?

I had 60's - Wilt #1, Russell #2, Robertson #3

70's - Kareem #1, Dr J #2, Walton #3

80's - Magic #1, Bird #2, I Thomas #3

90's - Jordan #1, Olajuwon #2, KMalone #3

2000's - I put Kobe #1, some people disagree with it because there is Shaq who I have #2, and Duncan #3

2010-2018 - LeBron #1, Curry #2, Durant #3. I rank Curry over Durant for this decade, JMO

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I made a Post a while back just ranking players by decades which is fair right?

I had 60's - Wilt #1, Russell #2, Robertson #3

70's - Kareem #1, Dr J #2, Walton #3

80's - Magic #1, Bird #2, I Thomas #3

90's - Jordan #1, Olajuwon #2, KMalone #3

2000's - I put Kobe #1, some people disagree with it because there is Shaq who I have #2, and Duncan #3

2010-2018 - LeBron #1, Curry #2, Durant #3. I rank Curry over Durant for this decade, JMO

Yes

Comparing players in a decade or generation is perfect it gets very cloudy

I will use a football analogy 

Johnny Unitas does not compare to Andrew Luck easily because of their respective Offensive Scheme and the talent dispersal 

Basketball before 1987 had no 3 pointer and at all one time players could be punished if they dunked the ball 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes

Comparing players in a decade or generation is perfect it gets very cloudy

I will use a football analogy 

Johnny Unitas does not compare to Andrew Luck easily because of their respective Offensive Scheme and the talent dispersal 

Basketball before 1987 had no 3 pointer and at all one time players could be punished if they dunked the ball 

Yeah Pro's had the 3's throughout the whole 80's but in college they didn't have it until 1987. Steve Alford's dream came true in 1987. IU won it all in 87 thanks to that rule change.

51 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That happens when you start playing at 19 and can go or bring an all star team with you

Why does it matter if Lebron was the GM that created his teams or it was Red Aurbauch. Teams get made every which way. He still made all the plays on the floor. Heck if Durant wouldn’t have picked his teammates then Lebron might have had another one. I’m hoping for a Rockets Celtics finals to see something new but I’m not hating Lebron for wanting to play with good teammates anymore than hating Charles Barkley for forcing a trade or Moses Malone or anyone else.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Pro's had the 3's throughout the whole 80's but in college they didn't have it until 1987. Steve Alford's dream came true in 1987. IU won it all in 87 thanks to that rule change.

Yep Bobby Knight opposed the 3 but he changed up his offense to get the most out of Steve. I agree with Princeton...hard to compare across decades..but I think certain players could play in any generation. Like MJ and Lebron...their play translates to any time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why does it matter if Lebron was the GM that created his teams or it was Red Aurbauch. Teams get made every which way. He still made all the plays on the floor. Heck if Durant wouldn’t have picked his teammates then Lebron might have had another one. I’m hoping for a Rockets Celtics finals to see something new but I’m not hating Lebron for wanting to play with good teammates anymore than hating Charles Barkley for forcing a trade or Moses Malone or anyone else.

I have no problem with Lebron just pointing out that stats can problematic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Love is out correct?? Cavs have no business winning tomorrow. Only way they do is if Lebron wills them to it...and if he does it will be his greatest accomplishment since he single handily beat Detroit or well maybe killed the big 3 in Boston last time.

Yep Bobby Knight opposed the 3 but he changed up his offense to get the most out of Steve. I agree with Princeton...hard to compare across decades..but I think certain players could play in any generation. Like MJ and Lebron...their play translates to any time.

That 1987 IU team had a mixture of Great athletes and shooters = Smart who was awesome and Garrett who was a lengthy Center being athletic + Alford was the best shooter in College Basketball. Great stuff. Bobby had a lot of talent to work with there and could play the inside/out game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks you can tell that I bleed Tiger Red and White

That 1987 IU team had a mixture of Great athletes and shooters = Smart who was awesome and Garrett who was a lengthy Center being athletic + Alford was the best shooter in College Basketball. Great stuff. Bobby had a lot of talent to work with there and could play the inside/out game.

Don’t forget the late Daryl Thomas...the glue to that team and maybe the best player on it. An all time great!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Houston blowing out GS. GS just playing lazy like they were just going to walk through this. Tell me Houston isn’t hungrier.

I;m not a Draymond fan...but here's where they need him to flatten somebody shooting a '3'...draw a T...and get a dunk or two...

The Warriors seem very nervous......and Harden looks very good again

GSW has to get up on ther3-line erven if they give up 2-point layups.. speed up the game

Houston has the pace their way

This is going to be the issue though. Can they score when Harden sits. GS falling in love with 3.

That's a very good point.....

..After Paul and Harden.....I dont know who the 3rd point guard is for Houston....

Eric Gordon the Indiana native will be huge in this. GS needs to stop shooting dumb 3s.

..any way Eric might like to come play in his home state?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's a very good point.....

..After Paul and Harden.....I dont know who the 3rd point guard is for Houston....

..and way Eric might like to come play in his home state?

We got one IU great to lead the Pacers...why not??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No Iggy, seems bigger than many think?

Huge because he is a great passer and cutter on offense and defense is dynamic. They can’t go small ball with Green at the 5 without Iggy. Means West, Bell, Looney have to play and switch off and guard Harden and Paul at the point in the pick and roll. It’s really huge honestly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Huge because he is a great passer and cutter on offense and defense is dynamic. They can’t go small ball with Green at the 5 without Iggy. Means West, Bell, Looney have to play and switch off and guard Harden and Paul at the point in the pick and roll. It’s really huge honestly.

..and..Igudola keeps Nick Young off the floor.

They only person having a worse month than Swaggy P is Yu Darvish

I wish GS would run Durant off curls around the basket and get him the ball 10-15 from basket instead 25 feet away. It allows smaller quicker guys to stay with him. If Houston hits 3s they can still win. Harden is going to sleep good tonight lol. He will have to go for 50.