Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

With Houston without Paul (possibly) and Cleveland without Love that would be two huge wins for Harden and Lebrons legacy. Those two teams are heavy underdogs undermanned as they are. I would love to see some greatness in game 7.

I was looking at Loves impact and he is a minus 18 on the court and Cavs a plus 20 when he sits. So much for Lebrons all star best player helping. Maybe this is a good thing.

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Everybody is playing 7 or 8 guys..Boston is going with 7, too..GSW played 7 on Thursday night most of the way..

I dont know of a lot of guys on the Houston bench who should be playing Monday night

They'll use 6 1/2   (Paul for a half)

I don’t know the specifics and it doesn’t mean a lot of minutes but even just spelling 2 minutes here and there you have to have it. Warriors play Bell, Iggy, Livingston, West, Swaggy P all get minutes almost every night...and not clean up minutes. The thing is...those guys are getting a few more minutes than normal because a key guy is out. It isn’t the stars who are used to playing extra minutes that need to sit as much as guys like Gordon and others who are stepping into longer minutes off the bench that shouldn’t be extended so long. I understand why they didn’t go deeper...but Anderson and Johnson are good players but they haven’t played a meaningful minute in a couple weeks...and it’s real easy to lose your sharpness when that happens. If they had been using a deeper rotation they may have been ready to contribute in bigger moments. Again hindsight 20-20 but there is a reason why coaches like Stevens and Kerr I think have been so good...they trust their guys.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

With Houston without Paul (possibly) and Cleveland without Love that would be two huge wins for Harden and Lebrons legacy. Those two teams are heavy underdogs undermanned as they are. I would love to see some greatness in game 7.

I was looking at Loves impact and he is a minus 18 on the court and Cavs a plus 20 when he sits. So much for Lebrons all star best player helping. Maybe this is a good thing.

The Celtics are only a 2.5 point favorite, I wouldn't call the Cavs a heavy underdog. Saying heavy is a bit dramatic. 2.5 actually isn't much at all considering Boston is at home. If the game was in Cleveland, Cavs would be favored. Love is out but these are the type of the games where someone like JR Smith steps up huge. Watch him come out and hit 4 or 5 3's, same for Korver. Like you said with Love on the court the Cavs are a -18, without him a +20. Cavs are also better Defensively when Love isn't on the court. Houston losing CP3 is much worse IMO, if Houston beats the Warriors without CP3 that would be a miracle in my mind and make Harden look unreal. I think the Cavs/Celtics game is 50/50 to be honest. I have the Celtics winning but only by a couple points. Something like 100-98.

-The Celtics have been undermanned the whole Playoffs without their best player = Kyrie Irving, if the Cavs win it wont surprise me at all. Regarding LeBron's legacy, it really wont do much in most peoples eyes (just telling the truth and trying not to belittle the win if he gets it/sound like hater) if he does beat Boston. It will be a nice win and I will praise him for it but IMO with him it's about winning Championships and most of the media would agree with me. If I was a Cavs fan and a huge LeBron fan I wouldn't be happy unless they won it all. I am like that now with the Cubs too. After winning it all, anything less is MEH! It was like that with Magic too. GOAT's are about Championships not runner up Trophies. If he and his team beats the Warriors or Rockets that would be a gigantic legacy booster no doubt.

GAME 7:  Boone 26-18 after one quarter.,...

Celtics look good....especially rebounding....

Cavs don't have a lot of ,players who really want to shoot the ball..  Korver in the game early

he's got to play most of the night

Brown has shut out George Hill so far

JR also with zero points at the quarter

Edited by oldunclemark

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Is Cleveland still down?

No...a 12-6 run now for the Cavs and they are up 56-53...2:55 left in the 3rd

...a defensive struggle (or maybe just a struggle)

Boston 22 of 60 from the floor....4 of 23 on 3s

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Cavs up 59-56 after 3 quarters..

Shooting? Its like Ray Charles against Jose Feliciano..

Both teams a combined 43 of 115...

LBJ  with 23 and 12 (rebounds) but he has played all 36 minutes

Jason Tatum has 15 but only 11 shots..he needs the ball

Might want to explain your analogy for the youngsters

Cavs led 71-67...wit 6:55 left...in the game

This is the fear...a close Game 7 and LeBron with the ball.

Boston has to find a guy to score......they may not be back in this position (home court..game 7 conference finals) for awhile..

Boston is shooting 36% (25 of 70)

Edited by oldunclemark

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jeff Green even has 19, they don't even miss Love LOL. Dude is making 3's with guys in his face.

amazing..

Tatum has 24..get him the ball..he only has 16 shots.

Its going to come down to LBJ shooting free throws…..OMG

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So we get 2 more weeks of LeBron being the GOAT talk until he loses in the Finals. Awesome just what we all wanted :thmup:. Nice win though by the Cavs if they hang on.

I now....there will be 24-hour LeBron special on ESPN if they win

Not over yet...2 time outs in a row...Cavs called the second one....must be to rest LBJ

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So we get 2 more weeks of LeBron being the GOAT talk until he loses in the Finals. Awesome just what we all wanted :thmup:. Nice win though by the Cavs if they hang on.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Not over yet...2 time outs in a row...Cavs called the second one....must be to rest LBJ

Do what I do tune it out

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston is shooting like 30% LOL and only down 4. This win by the Cavs has little to do with LeBron being Great, more to do with the Celtics shooting like a bunch of dudes that have a beer belly that are drunk at a park late at night! Rozier is 0-10 from 3 and missing wide open 3's. Oh well it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston is shooting like 30% LOL and only down 4. This win by the Cavs has little to do with LeBron being Great, more to do with the Celtics shooting like a bunch of dudes that have a beer belly that are drunk at a park late at night! Rozier is 0-10 from 3 and missing wide open 3's. Oh well it is what it is.

That what you get from a Louisville product

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know what happened to the Celtics..IT wasnt great Cavs defense

6 of 36 on 3s..many open shots..Boston missing layups now..

The thing I Posted earlier to Dgambill was it wouldn't shock me if the Cavs won. Why anyone would think other wise is mindboggling to me. The Cavs have made 3 straight Finals and Boston is without their Best player in reality. Boston also has a bunch of young guys that had no business even being here anyway. I also Posted that winning the Conference means very little to a guy like LeBron, it didn't to Jordan, Magic, or Bird. Winning it all means everything, being runner-up sucks IMO.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I know the media will portray it as losing Kevin Love. But the Cavs are better without him

I wouldnt jump to that conclusion..they scored 87 points and Boston missed 56 shots

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Warriors will win, CP3 probably wont even play.

CBE...He'll play....he may not be any good but he'll play