Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Schefter Reports On Peyton (Merge)

ACollie17

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer your question...

This is a friendly forum I think it's best you calm your tone down...

Give me a break.

1) I did not attack you in any way shape or form. Simply disagree with your take on what Irsay & Manning's comments actually mean.

2) Why refuse to answer a simple, honest question? Is Manning a Colt in a month?

Give me a break.

1) I did not attack you in any way shape or form. Simply disagree with your take on what Irsay & Manning's comments actually mean.

2) Why refuse to answer a simple, honest question? Is Manning a Colt in a month?

ok I didn't say u attacked me, just seems to me your getting a bit into it...

But yea if Peyton is healthy hes a colt next month, Irsay said it himself.

You have reason to believe Irsay is lying?

Give me a break.

You learn more about them by what they do not answer. The evasion tells much more than any straight answer could.

ok I didn't say u attacked me, just seems to me your getting a bit into it...

But yea if Peyton is healthy hes a colt next month, Irsay said it himself.

You have reason to believe Irsay is lying?

What does "getting a bit into it" even mean? By asking you a direct question?

Secondly, I have the ability to discern what is meaningful and what is not. It is a gift. Much if not most of the rhetoric we have heard from Irsay & Manning is completely meaningless. They have both carefully positioned themselves with outs. Reading the tea leaves should have told anyone long ago he is done as a Colt.

I will be absolutely shocked if Peyton is a Colt next month.

Can we just take down any posts that have "Schefter" and "reports" linked in any way?

You are funny with this stuff. If Schefter reports that Manning will be coming back as a Colt you would shouting at the rooftops about the brilliance of his reporting.

You are funny with this stuff. If Schefter reports that Manning will be coming back as a Colt you would shouting at the rooftops about the brilliance of his reporting.

Absolutely false. There's a reason he went from NFLN to BSPN, and sources say it's because his sources suck.

ESPN is becoming what the rest of the media world is, more about opinions, speculation and selling copy than factual reporting. They can't even keep the ticker free of it, and if I were an NFL reporter I'd prefer my checks to be signed by the NFL. Of course ESPN has a larger viewership than NFLN, they offer almost every sport, have 5 stations and very few repeats. Does that make them a better place for football news, hardly. MNF instantly fell to the second best game to watch behind SNF under their watch. So yes, ESPN is a demotion for a football only journalist and NFLN definitely has no regrets about Schefter. Sources close to the organization said they threw him a goodbye party and he wasn't invited.

ESPN is becoming what the rest of the media world is, more about opinions, speculation and selling copy than factual reporting. They can't even keep the ticker free of it, and if I were an NFL reporter I'd prefer my checks to be signed by the NFL. Of course ESPN has a larger viewership than NFLN, they offer almost every sport, have 5 stations and very few repeats. Does that make them a better place for football news, hardly. MNF instantly fell to the second best game to watch behind SNF under their watch. So yes, ESPN is a demotion for a football only journalist and NFLN definitely has no regrets about Schefter. Sources close to the organization said they threw him a goodbye party and he wasn't invited.

That is high comedy there.

In no way shape or form is a move to ESPN a demotion. Spin it anyway you want, but that is just not accurate.

While I agree with your first piont about ESPN the later about it being a demotion is not true. ESPN hired Schefter away from the NFL network by offering him more money and because he was out scooping their insiders. To most people having two TV networks bidding over you is not a demotion. You can dislike Schefter and ESPN all you want that's fine and frankly I would agree with you on a lot of points but it's not like the NFL Network was pushing Schefter out the door and the only place he had to go was ESPN.

Spin it how you like but NFLN is more credible. Schefter's credibility is waning since the move.

Tell me - where is this waning credibility? I know he is not popular on this board but that is probably not a large enough sample size.

And a network that employs Deion and Jamie Dukes is a more credible outfit? Just want to make sure I understand you completely.

Tell me - where is this waning credibility? I know he is not popular on this board but that is probably not a large enough sample size.

And a network that employs Deion and Jamie Dukes is a more credible outfit? Just want to make sure I understand you completely.

We agree on one thing, Sanders should be unemployed in my opinion. Seems Adam has as many or more misses than hits lately equaling waning credibility.

What does "getting a bit into it" even mean? By asking you a direct question?

Secondly, I have the ability to discern what is meaningful and what is not. It is a gift. Much if not most of the rhetoric we have heard from Irsay & Manning is completely meaningless. They have both carefully positioned themselves with outs. Reading the tea leaves should have told anyone long ago he is done as a Colt.

I will be absolutely shocked if Peyton is a Colt next month.

Get your popcorn ready...

You'll need a drink too, so u don't choke on the popcorn