Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More Talk Of Peyton In Miami.

jriddy5000son

Yes, but I didn't realize that he owned a house there.

Because its warm. Athletes owning multiple homes is a given any more. Arizona still makes the most sense to me. But its all speculation on any team that he may end up on. I hope he remains a Colt and retires one.

The three teams that make the most sense to me are Miami, Arizona & the New York Jets.

Each place has a dynamic receiver(Marshall, Fitzgerald, & Holmes to a lesser degree).

I still vision a 18/87 package going to a new team. Wayne obviously has ties to Miami. I feel you could throw 44/63 into the mix as well for Miami/AZ. Saturday wouldn't have a chance to beat out Mangold in NY.

It's going to be interesting.

Arizonas oline is horrid, Miamis isn't. That's gotta be a factor if he goes somewhere, he's going to want some time to throw.

That is a good point, The Miami OL will look even better with 18 behind as opposed to Henne & Moore, and the Arizona OL would look better with Manning behind it as opposed to Kolb and the remaining cluster they used last year.

He's made our OL look better than it actually was for years.

Miami to me is the biggest contender to land Peyton IMO. They have a pretty good o line and are in position to take one of the best tackles in the draft and I think that's what Peyton would want them to do. Then they have that top 10 defense and Brandon Marshall... add Peyton and probably Reggie to that and that's a contender. And I heard a rumor floating around down here that Peyton was having dinner with Dan Marino in south beach. The only thing is that they have a new HC and are switching to the 4-3 defense and Jeff Ireland is one of the worst GMs in football. Who knows if Peyton wants to be a part of that.

Matt Flynn will be in Miami, not Peyton

Unless your an insider, I'd believe nothing anyone says at this point. Even the article I posted lol. It's all speculation. If Miami has a choice on a legend or a guy that played a few good games (and could end up sucking like Kolb), they will go with the legend, barring his health of course. They passed on Brees and are still ticked I am sure.

We have a daily Peyton Manning update here in south fla. It seems to be the 1st story every night on the news when they come to the sports section. Last night as I was falling asleep I heard how he and Ashley own a place in south beach to a tune of 1.5 million and how giddy they were to hear he is cleared to play.

I just don't think I can stomach him as a Dolphin.

Dolphins hung tough this year. A good foundation on O and not a bad defense either. Had a 17-0 lead vs. NE in week 16 before losing. Played tough despite the awful start.

If the Pats lose the SB and get hammered with the SB loser curse then Peyton to Miami could=division title and possible AFC favorite.

Regardless, I could see Miami at least a WC. Rex would go nuts having to prepare for Manning and Brady 4 times in a season.

Thats what many Packers fans think and hope. Getting Flynn to Miami would not bother them at all and they love the guy. I am a Flynn fan but he has had two games that make people go nuts. Against NE and against Detroit.....and personally I think Detroit overlooked the Packers in the final week thinking it was a backup game (and it was) and their D regressed. BTW Aaron Rodgers also called a lot of the plays for Flynn in that final week. Rodgers seemed to really want Flynn to start that game for some reason or get heavy playing time. He said he thinks he could be a good starting QB and wanted him to show his stuff.

The three teams that make the most sense to me are Miami, Arizona & the New York Jets.

Each place has a dynamic receiver(Marshall, Fitzgerald, & Holmes to a lesser degree).

I still vision a 18/87 package going to a new team. Wayne obviously has ties to Miami. I feel you could throw 44/63 into the mix as well for Miami/AZ. Saturday wouldn't have a chance to beat out Mangold in NY.

It's going to be interesting.

Based on this..Texans..Johnson for WR...plus Wayne and Johnson have a tie together...

Based on this..Texans..Johnson for WR...plus Wayne and Johnson have a tie together...

That is true, but they have more of an established QB than Miami & Arizona. If you were going for the best WR to throw to then he'd have to kick Stafford out of Detroit and throw to Calvin Johnson. Depending on the status of Schaub's contract the Texans might be a decent landing spot.

We have a daily Peyton Manning update here in south fla. It seems to be the 1st story every night on the news when they come to the sports section. Last night as I was falling asleep I heard how he and Ashley own a place in south beach to a tune of 1.5 million and how giddy they were to hear he is cleared to play.

I just don't think I can stomach him as a Dolphin.

1.5M is a small-ish place in South Beach.

Thats what many Packers fans think and hope. Getting Flynn to Miami would not bother them at all and they love the guy. I am a Flynn fan but he has had two games that make people go nuts. Against NE and against Detroit.....and personally I think Detroit overlooked the Packers in the final week thinking it was a backup game (and it was) and their D regressed. BTW Aaron Rodgers also called a lot of the plays for Flynn in that final week. Rodgers seemed to really want Flynn to start that game for some reason or get heavy playing time. He said he thinks he could be a good starting QB and wanted him to show his stuff.

Flynn would be better suited in a WCO than he would in something more like our offense. Attempting to bring him into our offense, he would likely struggle the way Kolb did in Arizona. Miami hired the GB OC, so he should be a decent fit there.

I don't want to see that happen. Keep him in Indy and if not, I think his best choice is San Fran. Miami does have some solid pieces though.

I think it's funny how they say "Miami has shown interest in Manning"....yeah, so have 7 or 8 other teams

They have a great D, and some young talented weapons. He'd be fine. Although, I'm with you, if we can, then keep him in Indy.

True - new Dolphin HC Philbin was with the Packers, so Flynn looks to have a pathway in. Flynn ihowever, is not Peyton Manning. Peyton will fill the often half full stadium before he throws his first pass. Flynn will not. The Dolphins ARE preparing to move heaven and earth to get Peyton if he hits the market. Flynn gives a good team a development QB. Peyton gives a good team an elite QB. Their front office knows the difference.

exactly.. You bring him... they will come.

though Im shaking my head in disbelief that we are actually talking about him being a Dolphin..

I guess I could start singing that song if he does- Miami Dolphins are #1. Just bring Wayne, Dallas and hey maybe Garcon- he is a local boy from WPB.. I will come!