Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some good Colts RFA news here

PeterBowman

I still gotta hold out hope for the Kerricane... It seems like he made a bunch of plays from the DL last season and I've always thought that he's at least decent depth. Colts could still tender or offer him a contract after he hits the market. I hope they do... Jones is the D-lineman we should be showing the door. 

No big loss with McNary... He's JAG at best. 

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I still gotta hold out hope for the Kerricane... It seems like he made a bunch of plays from the DL last season and I've always thought that he's at least decent depth. Colts could still tender or offer him a contract after he hits the market. I hope they do... Jones is the D-lineman we should be showing the door. 

Kerr has always been over rated by posters omen this board 

5 hours ago, rock8591 said:

What about a max contract?

Yeah he's only 28.  I would sign him to a max contract and play him sparingly on special teams a couple times per game, with bonus incentives if that's even possible with a max contract.  Guy is a beast!!!!

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

He's not even average.

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He's not even average.

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Kerr has always been over rated by posters omen this board 

I'm not saying that he hasn't been overrated. Maybe I'm one of those that has been overstating his talents, but...

Nobody is talking about Kerr being a starting DE, here. I'm talking about a cheap RFA tender for a decent depth player (imo)...

I am definitely not a great judge of NFL talent, just a die-hard Colts fan, but Kerr has stood out to me at times when he's been on the field. It is very hard for me to believe that he isn't at least average with regard to teams' 3rd DE on the depth chart...

It's no lock, in my eyes, that Ridgeway (who I also like) will ever be better than Kerr... He certainly wasn't last season, imo (I know he was a rookie).

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

I'm not saying that he hasn't been overrated. Maybe I'm one of those that has been overstating his talents, but...

Nobody is talking about Kerr being a starting DE, here. I'm talking about a cheap RFA tender for a decent depth player (imo)...

I am definitely not a great judge of NFL talent, just a die-hard Colts fan, but Kerr has stood out to me at times when he's been on the field. It is very hard for me to believe that he isn't at least average with regard to teams' 3rd DE on the depth chart...

It's no lock, in my eyes, that Ridgeway (who I also like) will ever be better than Kerr... He certainly wasn't last season, imo. 

I think Ridgeway is going to be a pretty good player.  I was pleased with him last season.

As far a Kerr goes. I see the Colts are interested on Chris Baker.   http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/6/14837602/report-colts-have-their-eye-on-defensive-lineman-chris-baker

So I am not sure Baker is that much of an upgrade over Kerr for what Baker is probably going to get 

Just now, Coltfreak said:

I think Ridgeway is going to be a pretty good player.  I was pleased with him last season.

As far a Kerr goes. I see the Colts are interested on Chris Baker.   http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/6/14837602/report-colts-have-their-eye-on-defensive-lineman-chris-baker

So I am not sure Baker is that much of an upgrade over Kerr for what Baker is probably going to get 

I actually agree on Ridgeway... I was making reference to him in a semantic way to illustrate a point, but  I actually think he's going to impress this upcoming season. 

DL often hit that rookie wall hard. Ridgeway has shown flashes for sure. I really hope he can build on it. We have some young talent on the DL. I'd love to see a game-wrecker FA brought in, though. 

19 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah he's only 28.  I would sign him to a max contract and play him sparingly on special teams a couple times per game, with bonus incentives if that's even possible with a max contract.  Guy is a beast!!!!

We should pay him $1 million per tackle each season. He would still have $0.00