Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NFL Combine Skills Day #1(3/3/17) (RB, OL, ST)

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Thanks.  For all, here are the people nvolved in Colts scouting-

Jimmy Raye III, Vice President of Football Operations (Especially UDFA)
T.J. McCreight, Director of College Scouting
Kevin Rogers, Director of Pro Personnel
Todd Vasvari, Senior Player Personnel Scout
Jon Shaw, Pro Scout/Special Projects
Brandon Brown, Advance Scout
Joey Elliott, Pro Scout
Matt Terpening, Assistant Director of College Scouting
Dave Razzano, Senior Scout
Chad Henry, East Regional Scout
Mike Derice, Area Scout
Byron Lusby, Area Scout
Jamie Moore, Area Scout
Ahmad Russell, Area Scout
Chris McGaha, NFS Scout
Kyle Childress, College Scouting Coordinator
Brent Caprio, Scouting Assistant
Anthony Foyt IV, Scouting Assistant
Mike Lacy, Scouting Assistant

Just curious, are any of these Ballard's scouts, or are they still guys from the previous regime?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BCoop said:

Kpassagnon is a freak. Good grief with those measurables.

I'm kind of crossing my fingers and hoping for a 1st/2nd pick combo of Foster/McMillan as our future WILL/MIKE combo.

Yeah, i had him as a 3rd round pick, he may go even higher. Foster is the 1st round dream, would love him, but it's going to take some luck to get him.

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

Looks like MJD is a Mixon fan too

Mixon is a freaking monster. He's like the prototype of modern RB. The more I watch of him the more I fall in love with his game. And I hate him for it and for what he did, but I can't help but hope this was just a mistake by a kid who just turned 18(yes, when he punched that woman was 1 day after his 18th birthday) and I hope he has real remorse and would never hurt anyone off-the-field again...

Antonio Garcia with disappointing 10 yard split and 40 yard dash(1.88/5.26). Not that it's horrible, but it was expected that he will perform close to Bolles and it's not anywhere close...

Edit: Forest Lamp just killed the 10 yard dash and 40(1.76/4.99). Really nice.

Cam Robinson - 1.78/5.15 Solid.

Edit2: Antonio Garcia just improved his times to 1.81/5.15

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

Mixon is a freaking monster. He's like the prototype of modern RB. The more I watch of him the more I fall in love with his game. And I hate him for it and for what he did, but I can't help but hope this was just a mistake by a kid who just turned 18(yes, when he punched that woman was 1 day after his 18th birthday) and I hope he has real remorse and would never hurt anyone off-the-field again...

I agree.  It's going to be very interesting to see how fast his talent makes teams forget about his incident when it comes to draft day.  

No need to repeat how abhorrent, but I believe every kid (agree he was a kid) deserves a chance to repent.  If he lasts to the third, I'll be surprised. If the Colts take him, I won't be upset.  

40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just curious, are any of these Ballard's scouts, or are they still guys from the previous regime?

We would have heard if Ballard brought in anyone.  If he does, it'll probably be next offseason.  I doubt he'd clearn out the cupboard, but perhaps bring in a couple of guys he was partial to.

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree.  It's going to be very interesting to see how fast his talent makes teams forget about his incident when it comes to draft day.  

No need to repeat how abhorrent, but I believe every kid (agree he was a kid) deserves a chance to repent.  If he lasts to the third, I'll be surprised. If the Colts take him, I won't be upset.  

Same. All I want from him is to know he is remorseful and that he's taken steps to not let it ever happen again and even better if he takes initiative to use his profile as an advocate against violence. Holding mistakes over people's heads and not letting them move on and try to be productive members of society is not beneficial for anybody. Not for themselves, not for the victim, and not for society as a whole. I would much rather focus on rehabilitation than retribution. 

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

That's not really true. I've heard from GMs and analysts that their boards are pretty much set before the combine, and they don't really change much. I forgot who said it but it was a scout who said something like "When you hear that a guy has shot up draft boards, it's really just the media and casual fans catching up. Really the scouts and GMs are already high on those guys". It's always about the tape. But Grigson said that unless a guy runs a really bad 40, bombs interviews, or his medical check comes back negative that draft boards really don't change all that much.

heckuva post!

Thanks for writing it!     Very well said!       :thmup:

:colts:

3 hours ago, BCoop said:

As @Defjamz26 pointed out above:  "When you hear that a guy has shot up draft boards, it's really just the media and casual fans catching up. Really the scouts and GMs are already high on those guys". 

To your last point, let's hear some of those examples.

Obscurity to you.

But not obscurity to the scouts.

Oh,  and who was that player who went from obscurity to the top half of the first round?      I didn't see a name listed......

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Obscurity to you.

But not obscurity to the scouts.

Oh,  and who was that player who went from obscurity to the top half of the first round?      I didn't see a name listed......

There wasn't one. Probably because it doesn't happen. Then again maybe I'm not doing enough "research."

4 hours ago, Freeupfreeney said:

I dont believe that, but vuz I've seen some weird stuff in the past. 

Remember when the jaguars took that QB from Arkansas that ran a 4.37 somehow and took him in the first at WR. 

I mean hell, remember when we took green in the second last year Lol. 

That 40 time does something to GMs. I think every teams needs to have board discipline. 

Its kinda like how you plan to win a fight, but it goes out the window as soon as u get hit. 

I believe the same thing happens when your favorite player slides off the board. And everybody starts to panivk and calling people Lol. But Iono. 

I have seen some guys shoot straight from obscurity to the top half of the 1st. 

Jeff George.

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Scouts take the best time is what I've always understood.  

I was under the impression that the unofficial time wasnt as relevant, as there is a margin of error with the clocking, hence the need for the adjustment to the official time. Otherwise wouldnt the scouts personally clocked times be the most relevant?