Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Desmond King

What does everyone think about him in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd? Do you view him as a CB or S? Personally I think he has monster potential as a roaming FS. I think he could be alright as a CB, but maybe not in our scheme. If he plays CB IMO he'll need to go to a team like Carolina who play a lot of zone. JMO. But yeah. I think as a FS the sky is the limit for this kid. I'm starting to like him more and more. Could be a nice duo with Geathers.

If we got him in the 3rd I would love that.  He would translate better and quicker than Green IMO.  He has decent movement and is not as stiff as Green plus his speed would not be as big of an issue sitting 20 or 25 yards deep on WR's.  Green has speed and might still become something but he looked simply atrocious in any coverage scenario.

What would yall think of green at SS with King at FS? Didn't he do ok at running support. He might be best as an interchangeable back for both spot while being a gunner on ST. Hope more for him but just shooting around some ideas.

I definitely think he's a better safety prospect than a corner. Mostly because of his lack of long speed. He'll get burnt like toast by faster receivers. He's got enough range and more than enough tackling ability and ball skills to transition to a FS.

He'd start at FS week 1 on IMO. Unless Green starts living up to the hype, then I would still say King would start over Geathers. King can be that true rangy, centerfielder type FS we need. Adams gave us a little of that, but I want a Mathieu, Thomas, Byrd (a few years ago) type. I'm not saying I think King can be as good as those guys, but I think he could be a star. Actually I just looked at NFL's draft tracker. They actually have him listed as a safety, not Corner. CBS had him as a Corner last I checked. He's down the lis 5-6 spots though. But I didn't know they had the draft tracker up yet til a minute ago. Guess who his comp is???.......Wait for it.........Jarius Byrd.

23 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

He'd start at FS week 1 on IMO. Unless Green starts living up to the hype, then I would still say King would start over Geathers. King can be that true rangy, centerfielder type FS we need. Adams gave us a little of that, but I want a Mathieu, Thomas, Byrd (a few years ago) type. I'm not saying I think King can be as good as those guys, but I think he could be a star. Actually I just looked at NFL's draft tracker. They actually have him listed as a safety, not Corner. CBS had him as a Corner last I checked. He's down the lis 5-6 spots though. But I didn't know they had the draft tracker up yet til a minute ago. Guess who his comp is???.......Wait for it.........Jarius Byrd.

Look up Buddha Bakers player comparison. I think you'll like that one even more. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think he's more safety than corner....

And I'd prefer to get him in the 3rd if that's where are interest was....

I'd prefer the 3rd too. I want OLB and ILB in the first 2 rounds. Or OLB and OLB. King would be great value in the 3rd. And like I said. I completely agree about him playing safety. He is a FS IMO.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

I'd prefer the 3rd too. I want OLB and ILB in the first 2 rounds. Or OLB and OLB. King would be great value in the 3rd. And like I said. I completely agree about him playing safety. He is a FS IMO.

I'd like to go OLB,  CB,   ILB,  in the first three rounds.

Then I'd like to go RB and OL in R4.

With a DL and a safety for R's 5 and 6.

41 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Given his size you might as well just draft Buddha Baker instead. He's a legit ball hawking safety who also is a force in the run game. The pro comparison from Zerlein is Bob Sanders. But coming out he reminds me of Jimmie Ward and Karl Joseph.

Sanders is a terrible comparison. Jimmie Ward more than Joseph, too.  Damarious Randall is another good comparison.